Creates midori, ZERO critical acclaim. ZERO commercial success. embrassment

>creates midori, ZERO critical acclaim. ZERO commercial success. embrassment
>attempts solo career, starts starring in television shows in desperate attempt for relevance
>zero acclaim, zero success
>quits

Is she the most pathetic Japanese "artist" of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JNKwYVg6V8E
discogs.com/artist/2972164-Mariko-Goto?filter_anv=1&anv=後藤 まりこ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

she's no jason aldean

>look her up on youtube

What the fuck she sounds like the green alien from Luluco

japs love that shit

sucks for her, but lets get real, whitout midori she's just another dime a dozen j-pop act

You know most of the musical known artists in Japan have day jobs because they don't make enough money from music.

might as well get Midori back together 2 bee honest, familia

No, unless you're some shitty irrelevant "indie" act

Just because you're signed to a major label doesn't mean you're making a lot of money. Most bands in Japan have a limited audience for several reasons mainly because Japan is a small country and the music scene isn't as big.

dude stop talking out of your ass, stop repeating bullshit you heard on anime club

that's a shame. Midori is fucking great

What is anime club

Based Midori.

Also who cares OP, commercial success doesn't define good musicianship friend. Please actually kill yourself.

>mfw the most popular and successful japanese artists are actually noise, onkyo and noise rock artists such as Otomo Yoshihide, Toshimara Nakamura, Keiji Haino, Boredoms, Ruins etc.

is her solo stuff any good?

It's shit

>Commercial success
Fucking neo/mu/

oh, i guess thats why she quit music. sad

?

for a pop group like midori commercial success is extremely important. however they were a failure on both ends of the spectrum, a flop joke laughed at by critics and music fans alike. can't win 'em all i guess

it's great actually

which one?

>commercial success
Go back to your kanye thread.

>midori
>pop group

>people around the world discuss her and listen to her music
>"zero acclaim, zero success"

catcher in the rye?

nvm very obviously is. dumb picture

>Midori
>pop group

l m a o

He was highlighting the fact that she chased for that after leaving midori and couldn't get it then either

c'mon dog, it clearly has pop appeal

>Japan is a small country

Population of 127 million

This song would be good if she could sing at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=JNKwYVg6V8E

Still operates like a small country, very densely populated

That's really sad, actually. Even though her solo albums were poppier, I still enjoyed them. m@u specifically was really good in my opinion.

This is from last year. She is actually writing new songs at the moment, and was hospitalized late last year and discharged not long after.

discogs.com/artist/2972164-Mariko-Goto?filter_anv=1&anv=後藤 まりこ

I'm confused. Is this the same artist that we're talking about? What solo albums has she done?

looks like it, but no-one's bothered to add her albums to the Discogs page

end yourself

she should've continued with Usagi