Bros who here uses a 4k monitor? What is it like compared to 1080p (I don't mean for gaming, I mean for proper use)?

Bros who here uses a 4k monitor? What is it like compared to 1080p (I don't mean for gaming, I mean for proper use)?

Can you take a screenshot of the Sup Forums catalog page? I want to see how much more space there is compared to 1080p.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ysO9YGI.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like mine

Everyone using a 4K monitor uses scaling because at 27" everything is tiny otherwise.

t. 4K monitor owner

4k is a meme DESU

20'' 1080p is the same PPI as a 40'' 4k monitor/tv.. but at 40'' the panel is too damn big to use as a monitor so you'll neeed to use it from far away, but if you use from far away, you won't be able to read the text

I use a 4k TV and its great. response time can be crappy depending on the model but i dont play twitch shooters anymore.

It's great for everything except watching non 4k videos. If you plan to watch a lot of media on it you may want to reconsider. If you use mpv or madvr it helps a lot with upscaling.
It's great for regular use. You will have to scale it if your display isnt very large. This is scaled at 175%.

4k high dpi fag here its great for reading text or writing and videos look better if you scale them with mpv or madvr.

Not 4k 1080p peasants

pic related

1080p has shit PPI though, its 2018 gramps, I don't want to see pixels anymore

I have to use scaling or I can't read shit. It's a waste.

your'e mom is a pixel

It depends on scaling. I would say most people that use 4k also scales UI

>Can you take a screenshot of the Sup Forums catalog page?
Here you go.

I don't use scaling at the OS level because I use a 40" display. I do use 150% scaling on Sup Forums mainly for a more focused experienced, but it's also perfectly usable at 100%.

I use an 8K 4x4K rig. The mouse travel takes some time getting use to. The screen real estate after fixing the default scaling features is amazing.

I just feel that 1080p for me is good enough. Sure when my shit breaks in a few years I'll get the 4k hdr gsync 154hz meme monitor, but until then I'm good.

lg 27ud69p
scaling is at 150% (os level)
i probably should have gotten a 27" 1440p but fuck it.

My brother had one, but he ended up going back to three 1080p monitors rather than two and one. It's only worthwhile if it is a large enough size. Otherwise it's just stupid.

files to big for upload and I didnt want to convert

i.imgur.com/ysO9YGI.jpg

I personally use it at 150% larger because I tend to read Sup Forums leaning back, just makes it easier to see without difficulty.

also, my 4k is a 55 inch tcl 605p
Its close enough to 1080p 24inch (really 1080p 27 inch) in pixel density that its more like 4 monitors of space.

as for how it feels, it just feels right, like it was always meant to be this way for me. hell the monitor really doesn't feel big at all to me

It is a noticeable improvement in quality, especially for computer monitors where you are never sitting more than 3 feet away from the monitor.

I have one at work so all I can say is that it is kinda pointless to have a 4k monitor for just a workstation. The extra screen real estate is fine enough but having an ultra-wide monitor or multiple monitors is really a better option and cheaper.

It is a bullshit monitor to buy for ((((((((((proper use)))))))))) which I'll assume means anime or loli you fat autistic weeb. Makes more sense for gaming or watching movies.

720p and 1080p upscale perfectly to 4k, my issue was that that with anime, my new monitor is far more accurate then my old one was, so I see the banding more then I use to. hell, i learned I can see the difference in 1 (0-255) point differences in color, shit was weird.

lets put it this way, I have some 358p anime, shit looked like hell on my 1024x768 17 inch crt, it looked it looked like hell on my 1920x1200 24inch tn lcd and it looks like hell on my 55 inch 3840x2160 va lcd.

scaling isn't even the problem here, but for some it may be, but 720 and 1080 fit 4k perfectly, so if you lets say go from a 24 inch 1080 to a 24 inch 4k, there will be 0 difference other then the text on soft subs will be sharper.

with that said, because I have far more contrast now, some old anime pop so much more then they ever have before... its like seeing them for the first time again.

i scale to 200% so its pretty much 1080p, but with super sharp text
i lyke it

is a 43 inch monitor worth it