Who is the modern day equivalent to The Beatles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=4m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=jDm2soD0UFE
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=2m15s
youtu.be/86PBHzU5ozk?t=3m48s
youtu.be/SL68EXJEAPs?t=1m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There never was and never will be a band like The Beatles

sonic youth

beastie boys

in terms of popularity probably Kanye West

music wise and progressive/experimental (for a pop band) probably Radiohead

lonerism is the sgt pepper of this generation

example:
(copy and paste into url, or skip to 0:48)

youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s

the way he sings 'she', compared to the way kevin parker sings the line "soon i'll be alone" from this this song: (copy paste or skip to around 1:17)

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s

also, in that same song keep on lying, the guitar riff here: (skip to 4:19 if embed)

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=4m19s

reminds me of the opening riff on this beatles song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

and the main guitar riff reminds me of the lick from day tripper

youtube.com/watch?v=jDm2soD0UFE

right around 2:15

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=2m15s

one more thing, the guitar solo at 3:48 on Keep On Lying reminds me a lot of david gilmour's guitar noodling on the live version of saucerful of secrets around 1:55

youtu.be/86PBHzU5ozk?t=3m48s

youtu.be/SL68EXJEAPs?t=1m55s

I really hope there won't be a band like Beatles anymore.

Oasis desu

Oasis

for me its also about the individual members. thats a big part of what I think puts the beatles above so many. Basically each member was an equally contributing member and prolific musical genius. relatively speaking

Kasabian

*also just simply, shared vocal duties

>each member was an equally contributing member and prolific musical genius
That's right Richard.

he's exactly why I said basically

AnCo of course

nah, AnCo is the new beach boys

Oasis

The Flaming Lips are the Beatles and Mercury Rev are the Velvet Underground.
Animal Collective are the modern equivalent of the Grateful Dead. Most Animal Collective fans will likely argue against this as they don't seem to have many overlapping fans, but they are similar in many ways, both musically and contextually. Reaction to them seems to be very divisive; People generally either think they're absolute, or are head over heels with them. The member who could easily be seen as their frontman denies leadership. They have expansive discographies, making it easy to stumble upon an abundance of rare stuff. Fans of both bands often have favorite 'eras' when it comes to live shows. Songs are often heavily expanded and evolved in live settings. However, I still think the most common trait they share is the general reaction to them.

>People generally either think they're absolute
Absolute shit, I meant to say.

>Most Animal Collective fans will likely argue against this as they don't seem to have many overlapping fans

Anyone who actually is a fan of them wouldn't, since they'd know what serious Deadheads they are.

The biggest difference between the Dead and AC is that the Dead embrace improvisation, while AC has always maintained that they prepare their shit beforehand. Also, Grateful Dead are acclaimed for their live shows; while I love AC live, many people think they aren't good live.

Ultimately Animal Collective is like the Thinking Fellers or Sun City Girls - weird guys who make music they want to play.

Maroon 5

linkin park

I think Twenty One Pilots has the potential to be better than The Beatles. Right now they are on par tbhwyf

You obviously don't think this.

You are lying. and you know your are lying. This man is a ruse maker

huh? learn to read..

or are you one of those contrarians that i keep hearing about

Death Grips

Oasis, the lead singer looks like a ripoff of John Lennon
Music wise, Radiohead

You mean Meme Grips?

You mean Meme Grips?

You mean Meme Grips?

lol this is funny

listen up you nosey binch