Is jailbreaking iOS still worth it?

Is jailbreaking iOS still worth it?

Are custom Android roms still worth it in the Android Go era?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Installation
shadow53.com/android/no-gapps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wasn't there a major breakthrough recently?

no and no
dont fall for stupid Sup Forums memes or you will regert it later
androids sucks indian feces and iOS is best os out there.

>Android Go era?
Android Go sounds like marketing crap.
>Are custom Android roms still worth it
NoGapps is not a meme for autists anymore. With MicroG and Yalp Store you get fully functional degoogled smartphone without drawbacks or limitations in app accessibility.

Android is only real option for "freedom"
I guess you could try crowdfunding scams like neo900 or librem 5 too

>With MicroG and Yalp Store you get fully functional degoogled smartphone without drawbacks or limitations in app accessibility.
Does Google Maps (with navigation and voice input while driving) and Android Auto work still? I don't have a google account and I use Yalp Store already, but that's as far as I went, I didn't replace any of the backends or whatever they're called. I'd love to degoogle completely but I rely on driving navigation a lot on a daily basis.

>regert
Absolute state, etc etc

>Does Google Maps (with navigation and voice input while driving)
yes, checked. Gmaps is fully functional. Dunno bout android auto

also

github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Installation
Some protips to save you pain in the ass:
>great guide: shadow53.com/android/no-gapps/

>Check if rom really has Signature spoofing. Some roms are said to have it but it's nowhere to be found (RR) and pajeets don't care about degoogling at all.
>Do not use versions from fdroid microg repo (stable). Use Preview Releases from download site.
>Remember to allow Signature spoofing for FakeStore manually

Thanks. I have a spare old phone (Nexus 4), I'll try on that one first. Can't risk fucking up my main one.

What butt ugly monstrosity is that?

Emince

>freedom
>made by google

iOS remains unusable without jailbreak
No file browser, no terminal emulator, no customization, etc etc

This.

iOS jailbroken is the best experince you can have on a phone though.

Is LineageOS good or just a meme? Seems pretty mandatory for Xiaomi phone.

Photoshop

Can a Redmi Note 2 be loded with a custom rom?

It's good but you'll face some glitches depending on the model. Personally, I just use tweaked MIUI and Nova launcher. Not like MIUI is some shady ROM spying on you.

LineageOS or LineageOS based rom is the only way

>he can't install stuff big daddy doesn't want
Look at this cuck

>you'll face some glitches
If you fall for oreo meme just now
Nougat is breddy stable at the moment

As I said it depends on the model. There are many Xiaomi phones that don't get official support and until someone spends their precious time you'll have crashing apps and camera or other issues. I like hiding my NSFW images with hide-encrypt function. Does pure Android has this? I tried RR, didn't like it (there were more neat MIUI features that I missed like locking and hiding apps)

What do custom ROMs have to do with Android Go? Are you braindead?

mmm nougat...

>RR
>too few features
I dropped it because it had too many features for me. Went for crDroid for muh minimalism.
phone is 4X (5inch)
yum!

You can use osmand+ for navigation way more customizible and open source

sadly, unintuitive as fuck
as said before, gmaps werk

Mine is r 4 prime, never was sold outside of China and still-permanently on Android 6

Yes, there's now a stable jailbreak for all iOS devices on 11.1.x I believe. It's very much worth it, even today. If for some reason you have an iPhone X, the jailbreak could make it a bit more tolerable (can install dark mode tweak, etc). There may be a jailbreak for 11.2 hopefully. I've been considering buying an iPhone 6 or 6s just because of this.