>HURR DURR MPC-HC is dead

>23rd February 2018
MPC-HC to version 1.7.14.4:
* Updated LAV Filters to v0.71
+ Skip seeks if duration is unknown
+ Support playback of UHD Blu-ray discs. With same limitations as regular Blu-ray. No menus, and disc must be decrypted (using external tool).
+ Added compatibility warning when attempting to enable "Full Floating Point Processing" renderer option
+ Tweaked video renderer presets

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1831207

github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.doom9.org/member.php?u=109587
avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7kZKq7ztKVU
smplayer.info/en/mpv
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one cares

>This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus some additional small fixes and improvements.

kill yourself

>not the nightly

Get out normis

MPV comand lines autistic faggot BTFO again

Enjoy your artifacts

>inferior to MPV
I'd rather use MpcQt then, if I needed a clunky interface.

Can you elaborate pls?

hell yeah thanks OP

* Windows XP is no longer supported
* Now compiled with Vidual Studio 2017 and Windows 8.1 SDK

fucking based

bump for make people mad

an interface at all you mean

But mpv is inferior to all other media players. I'd honestly rather use the AIDS that is RealPlayer over that garbage.

good for you winbabby

wtf switching to mpv now

If you don’t use mpv you’re literally a retarded cuck

MPV tards literally say to just press buttons instead of having a volume scroller like every other media player

>parroting memes
Sad!

>Friendship with MPV ended.
>Now MPC-HC is my best friend.

>MPV
>comand
you don't have to. just click video in your file explorer

>put mouse cursor over volume icon
>scroll

or have WHEEL_UP add volume 5
WHEEL_DOWN add volume -5
WHEEL_LEFT ignore
WHEEL_RIGHT ignore
and just scroll

MPC-HC has an internal lavsplitter source in use but LAV Filters comes with external video/audio/splitter?

why everyone think mpv is hard to use? he's only a little bit different from any other video player.

>he

It's an open source project, do there's nothing wrong with forks vor unofficial build if it's not even maintained anymore
it's shit anyways, use NPV instead

>dragging a bar like an autistic elder instead of using the mousewheel

>those babies on Sup Forums that need their software to be updated constantly or they feel abandoned.

MPC-HC is great, and will live for quite a long time until a better player comes long, which I doubt will happen anytime soon.

Isn't he the guy who made LAVfilters in the first place?
(I don't like some of his updates to mpc-hc, like changing subtitle rendering to window by default. cunt.)

So, you wasn't born with gerontofilia, but acquired it?

>.4

i'm gay for mpv

MPV is a software for comand lines lovers: literally cancergious people. MPC-HC is superior

memepv shills utterly BTFO

>oh no, pressing 9 and 0 is hard :(
(You)

Madshi is not active on doom9 anymore.
He was the only hope for mpc-hc.
forum.doom9.org/member.php?u=109587

It seems madshi is busy with complete HDR support...
avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-8.html

I think Nevcairiel is the LAVfilters guy.

MPV blows but MPC-HC is just copying VLC source code so its the blind leading the blind for open source. Also VLC is shit for certain UHD remux so I assume MPC-HC will be too.
Also..

>2018 not using the goat media player powerdvd

>MPC-HC is just copying VLC source code
WTF
>assume MPC-HC will be too
>assume
>assume

The city of Sup Forums

>PowerDVD
Last version of PowerDVD I used was PowerDVD 5 (updated from 4 that came with my burner).

Already made the switch to PotPlater.

HURR DURR NEWER MEANS BETTER

>sagefags
Oh boy...

>actually wanting no cross-platform compatibility

>MPC-HC is just copying VLC source
Wow you are retarded af.

Is NGU++ or any improvements for NGU planned in the next madVR build? What about smoothmotion? HDR is cool but pretty useless now.

Nope. Seems like madshi is out of ideas.

I hope you are wrong. :(

Did you ask him?

Why Sup Forumsnu prefer MPV over MPCHC?

Because they hate madshi... and prefer hanna.

I hope madshi will finally use d3d11 for rendering and sanitize his stupid 3dlut system.

And mpv is an unofficial build of an unofficial build of an unofficial build of mplayer.

>crossplatform
>high quality rendering
>modularity of scripts is great because anyone can make their own and there is a large selection which offers functionality other players dont have.
>highly customizable
>supports Vulkan (Runs really well on some hardware)
>FOSS
Just a few reasons off the top of my head

lol
mpv has had d3d11 for a while. As well as Vulkan. ICC profiles is better than 3DLUT. And people wonder why Sup Forums likes mpv.

>high quality rendering
Source

>>FOSS
MPC-HC is FOSS too user.

and

And what? You can't use mpv being FOSS as an argument for mpv over MPC-HC when MPC-HC is also FOSS.

not my post, using FOSS as an example is stupid when comparing it to MPC-HC but the other reasons are genuine reasons to use mpv, especially the cross-platform & high flexibility

>but the other reasons are genuine reasons to use mpv, especially the cross-platform & high flexibility
Which is why I didn't say anything about them. I don't even disagree with the poster, I prefer mpv. I was just pointing out to him that MPC-HC is also FOSS.

The players are both FOSS. But if you want comparable quality (especially when upscaling) you need madvr, which is not.

>unironically using meme scaler

It's about more than that. And that's not really an argument.

mpv is not comparable in quality to madvr?

Pretty sure he's saying the exact opposite my ESL friend.

Does this run on anything but Windows yet?

nop :c

Okay, I'll check back again in a few years provided it's not dead by then.

Is there any other decent OS in 2018?

MPV still exists. A superior player.

this has to be bait

Linux is now more dangerous than windows or osx since it's most popular than windows or osx.

Mpv could probably become better than madvr but vulkan is still quite unstable, C is not as flexible as C++ or other modern languages, initial developers don't care about neural based algo, the new mpv owner is wasting his precious time on android shits, ...

I hope madshi will release a proper and user friendly media player. He already created a test media player for HDR/3DLUT calibration so why not?

>3% marketshare
>more popular than windows or macos
I appreciate your optimism, but damn.

Linux is the most used kernel on the planet. All android devices are using it, majority of servers, supercomputers, and many businesses are using it. There are more devices using Linux than Windows and MacOS.
Desktop computers are the least profitable attack target, followed by mobile devices. If you want to make malware and earn money for it, you attack servers and businesses, not peasant chinks and pajeets. Any malware targeting desktops is just "hurr durr I'm a worm destroying your system, stealing your nudes and accounts in hopes you're worth more than a dollar".

youtube.com/watch?v=7kZKq7ztKVU

mpv is already better than madvr in many aspects

It's not overall better.

Why not?
>more settings that are more flexible
>crossplatform
>can use more APIs (opengl, D3D11, Vulkan)
>subtitles look better
>ICC profiles are better than 3DLUT
>etc.

normies need their daily vesion bumps

mpv is best on GNU/Linux. using command line programs feels weird on windows.

I use it on windows just fine. You dont need to use the cmd line you ignorant retard.

i know that it works but its just a gui os for me. literally everything has some kind of button that you can click to do a thing.

>watching anime
>on Windows
I thought you Windows guys just used Crunchyroll and Netflix.

>what is hd movies on torrent

Unofficial builds and forks are all well and good, but someone does need to either sunset the current main branch and then develop a proper fork with a different name etc... or take over management and continue development of the original MPC-HC project.

MPC-HC is nice and its too bad that they don't have maintainers and devs primarily advancing the project anymore, but frankly I have to say that MPV - and perhaps more importantly, the players using MPV as a backend - actualy can give a better experience.

Right now to use MPC-HC (or similar like MPC-BE) in "good mode", you have to have MPC-HC + MadVR +LAVFilters +AssFilterMod - all of which configured together and working properly for your hardware. Thankfully, MPV can basically give the same features as a kitted out MPC-HC without any external pieces of kit which is really nice.

Don't like MPV's rather limited GUI especially when it comes to configuration? Well then you have a couple of still-being-updated-and-maintained alternatives - SMPlayer and MPC-QT - which use MPV as a backend so you power all those features plus get some more traditional GUI config options!

Between the MPV powered crowd and VLC 3.x and beyond (which is a significant step forward and as always "just werks" ), I'm not sure we really NEED MPC-HC anymore. I'd rather see assets being put into MPC-QT

Rrright but the fucking command line on MPV is a issue for non autistic people

What? Why would you ever need the command line?

MPV BABBIES TRIGGERED

Thats why anyone who wants the benefits of MPV but not mess with command line or conf files can go to SMPlayer (and select MPV backend instead of Mplayer), or MPC-QT

smplayer.info/en/mpv
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

Haasnmotioninterpolation when???

>mpv /location/of/the/file.mp4
wow that was hard wasn't it?