just have to be in the mood for them, like RATM or SOAD

>tripfag
>not a faggot
when you point a finger, three point back at you

and then people call you a faggot

they did a good album with Lou Reed but that's it

anons guide to metallica:

80's is algood ignore the rest.

SOAD and Metallica were my favourite bands growing up. I still love them both but I just don't listen to them like I used to back in the day.

They're ok until you listen to real metal and move past this entry level babby shit.

>real metal
(you)

mega deth > metallica
vocaroo.com/i/s1TlvYZvlFj8

I mean, RTL title track is sick and it should be used against people who say Kirk Hammett can't play. Back when he cared, he was actually pretty good.

He's still good, and he still has the talent. I can't blame a guy if he gets sick of playing the same songs over and over for the past 30+ years.

Kirk's guitar playing improves immensely whenever Metallica do a new album, because that's the only time he practices

>real metal
Tips bullet belt.

He honestly is one of the GOAT, I mean he was taught by fucking Satriani. I think his hearts just not in it anymore. Which as I said, is understandable.

Same. Thanks, Guitar Hero.

It's Ride The Lightning man, of course it's good. I like Master Of Puppets a bit more though

Kill Em All, Master of Puppets, and Ride the Lightning are their only good albums. Steer clear of the rest of their discography

Brah. Literally how I got into metal music. I was at my friends house one day and we started playing "One" by Metallica. The rest is history.

Funny thing is I almost exclusively listen to hip hop these days.

Yeah, he's good at interpreting Dave Mustaine solos. I give him that.

They say Keith Richards is crap now...well, he's in his 70s (way older than Kirk Hammett) and has issues with Heberden's Nodes on his fingers, yet I still can't help but feel if a lot of it isn't boredom as well. There's some nights where he still has it and doesn't fuck up the solos in SFTD (commonly mentioned song when people say Keith can't play anymore).

All of Kirk's good leads were on the first two albums. By the time you get to MOP, he's already going downhill.

AJFA is great, Black album is worth listening to, Load has a few good tracks, Death Magnetic is worth listening to.

I honestly don't know why bands like those are still kicking. Why would you not retire? Touring is a really tough, strenuous and tiring life, and bands like those just seem to keep going and going (think AC/DC). I would've stopped touring by 50 if I were them.

That's the band as a whole. They've been playing good at shows lately because they're working on a new album and have had to practice more.

You sound like the kind of person I'd like to punch in the face repeatedly.

Black album is underrated by people who listen to Metallica IMO. My Friend Of Misery will forever be one of my favourite songs. That fucking solo at the end used to give me major goose bumps and tingles.
Tough talk on the internet friend :^)

>think AC/DC

Actually Angus Young wants to do one more album/tour and then retire. I don't think he's intending to go until he drops like the Stones.

I've seen video where Keith plays some quite pretty Spanish guitar, so I feel he can still play when he's into it and it's material that actually interests him.

But why? I mean I respect that they obviously LOVE doing it, and props to them because I've heard (despite your opinions on AC/DC) that they put on fantastic live shows. I'm not even a fan and I'd love to see them once.

I just can't help but feel it seems a little desperate and over played that these old guys are just running around on stage still playing their old songs from 20-40 years ago. You know?

The first three albums are solid.

Justice is meh.

My dad would listen to Pantera, Godsmack, and RATM but I didn't appreciate till I could "play" it all, lol

ikr? it goes right along with your shitty tastes

At least your dad has taste. Mine just listens to top 40 radio music. It's been that way forever. I've tried about 20-30 different artists from all different genres and he doesn't like any of it. Loves that simple top 40 stuff (not that some of it isn't catchy as fuck).

He sounds like a fruit.

>taking the joke way too literal
guys, spotted the band nerd

What does that mean?

He enjoys sticking his penis in another mans rear end and he only married your mom because his parents pressured him into it.

MOP is when he ran out of leftover Mustaine stuff.

He's straighter than I am 2bh

some folk just can't into music

It's incredibly frustrating. At least my mum likes music. I was raised with it really.

I'm sure that had something to do with it. I feel bad for my sister, since she's the only one without artistic taste in the family.

Jesus christ these captchas.....

I hate them too. It's like Google every once in a while decides to deliberate fuck with your head.

I wouldn't say my mum has the most diverse taste, but it definitely contributed to my interests. She's a piano player and used to play flute when she was in high school. I played Clarinet all throughout primary and high school. My sister played sax, drums and also plays piano. So yeah, shit is great.
Captchas have been cunts lately, but it's no way near as bad as 2015 when it was fucked for weeks on end.

i want the old ones back. i miss replacing the unimportant words with nigger

The only instrument I played as a kid was drums for our church. But once i hit my edgy teen phase, I dipped outta there reallll quick. Now I just produce and fuck around on my v-drums

I don't play anything anymore. I'm a lazy fuck. I bought a harmonica a month back. I practiced it for a few weeks and gave up. It's a shame because I love that instrument. I just have really poor discipline and I never stick at things. Depression is a bitch.

I'm getting better at just doing shit. I enjoy being busy, but it's hard to detach from the internet to do something. It's funny how i got out of a year long relationship and now I feel so fucking good and motivated. She had depression and anxiety, so I know how that goes, man. Sorry to hear that

Oh believe me it is fucking shit house. Not to pity myself, but fighting it is a cunt. I'm better than I was a couple of years ago when I was drinking a fair bit. Not alcoholic levels, just unhealthily binging. I turned 22 about an hour ago, so I'm in a relatively good mood right now, but I should probably get some sleep. Not that it matters, I'm unemployed right now anyway.

And I know what you mean about detaching from the internet. I've been contemplating quitting Sup Forums lately, but I don't think Sup Forums is entirely to blame. It's definitely my mindset too.

Why'd you and your gf break up?

She had changed, which was expected. She was still in high school, and I'm in college. We just grew distant and broke it off. We're still on good terms.

You're absolutely right that it's your mindset. Do you meditate any?

Their thrash albums are good and their non-thrash albums are bad. that simple.

I don't meditate no. But I lift weights on the daily which I believe helps me a bit. It just sucks that I give up on everything. I feel like I have no talent in anything :(

Take just 10 minutes before bed to meditate and reflect. Lifting is pretty therapeutic. I used to, but it was just too monotonous, so now I skate to stay fit.

It's a shame you don't lift anymore I find it anything but monotonous. I find it exhilarating. To each their own though. Skating is fucking cool though. Mad respect for that.

And yeah, sometimes i'll lay in bed with my headphones down low and listen to an album. That's kind of a meditation for me. But I don't do it nearly enough.

Anything that requires complete focus = meditation for me. Skating and lifting fits that bill.

Metallica sucks ass and Lars Ulrich is one of the most undeserving drummers of all time.

bloodydrumknuckles.blogspot.ca/2011/07/you-know-its-sad-but-true.html

Thanks for chatting friend. I should really get to sleep now though so I'll end it here. Have a good day/night wherever you are.

I love metal but the thrash sub genre i just cant get into idk what it is. Just not a fan of any thrash really.

G'night from Alabama, man

Like i give a shit what some angry nerd on the internet thinks of lars, let alone angry enough to write a full blown article over his disdain and hatred for him. Some people have way too much time to waste.

Good night from Australia man.

The original 1999 release of Rust in Peace is still better than anything Metallica ever did.

First four albums are fucking awesome, after that they're kinda shitty

But Ride the Lightning was a Mustaine song

Kill 'Em All is the only good Metallica album.

Try master of puppets and Death magnetic.
Black album and ride the lightning are pretty awesome, too.
Also, you should try megadeth, iron maiden and black sabbath.

1. Ride The Lighting
2. Kill 'Em All
3. Master Of Puppets
4. ...And Justice For All
5. Black Album

ignore everything else

Lars is an objectively sloppy, shitty drummer.

Listen to any of their old albums slowed down and it becomes painfully obvious.

When bands record an album, the standard procedure is to start with the drums. For most forms of rock and metal, this is the blueprint. Drums are the foundation of a band, so recording them first and getting them right is usually the first step. then the bass guitar, then guitars, then vocals, yadda yadda yadda. But that's not how Metallica makes records.

Metallica record the guitars first. Then the bass. Then the drums. Now, taking different approaches to recording is not necessarily a bad thing, but this seems like it would be a lot more work for no reason. Unless of course, you have a drummer with poor timing, then it makes total sense.

But the thing for me that really tips the scale in favour of Lars being a not-so-great drummer, is how he writes drum parts, or rather, how he doesn't write them at all. Lars' style is something I've invented a term for: he "drums-by-numbers." What that means is, he simply plays the most obvious and easiest accompaniment to the guitars. When the guitars go chugga-chugga-chugga-womp, he goes thudda-thudda-thudda-pow and everything is layed out for him nice and neat. I mean hell, why think of a cool part when you can sell a million records by putting absolutely no thought into being stylish or creative?

First five Metallica albums are great entry points in metal. But once there's more exploration into metal, they are not as great. The lack of a higher number of riffs and lack of variety in their riffs don't make even their good songs sound as organic and intense as quite a few of their contemporaries and the greats in metal. Not to mention that Kirk's tiny language of solos and Lars' tiny language of drumming didn't help with this either.

TL;DR early Metallica is good not great. Useful for getting into metal.

TTTSNB best song

It means that if you listen close enough, you can hear an banana

Boring songs and horrible singing.

pretty much

most influential band in metal. get your shit together little boy

>boring songs

yeah

>horrible singing

eh

doesn't mean they're good.
Venom was highly influential and helped create black metal, but the guitarist played plugged into a bass amp.

>but the guitarist played plugged into a bass amp.

nothing wrong with that

ready for this? LET THE BASE DROP!!!
Have a wonderful day everybody
Super Male Vitality
Does everything men need
This updated formula incorporates the newest technology in herbal extraction methods with even more powerful concentrations of various herbs and extracts that have been designed to now be stronger than ever before. It's the Super Male you've been taking, with an extra punch.

After reviewing the individual herbal components in the original Super Male Vitality, we decided we could enhance the potency by using higher concentrations of some herbs while lowering the concentrations of other herbs. We also advanced our extraction technology to stabilize more of the active plant compounds and essential oils without oxidation, in order to enhance the natural support and strength of Super Male Vitality by a considerable amount.

The new Super Male Vitality also contains folic acid, which works to carry the individual components of the herbs deep into the body while also providing powerful benefits to the bioavailability of the finished extract.

DNA Force
Enhances DNA, basically bring solace to reality to reality
DNA Force is an advanced formula designed to help energize mitochondrial function, and sustain healthy cell cycles. It may also help regenerate the body's natural intracellular antioxidants.

Winter Sun Vitamin D
All you need for the day
Winter Sun is produced by extracting oil from hearty, nutrient-dense plants known as lichens. Every batch is analyzed to verify purity and D3 content, and to ensure that the formula is free of toxic chemicals, allergens, preservatives, artificial colors, and GMOs.

Survival X-2 Nascent Iodine
Makes you think

Secret 12 - vitamin b12
Enhances system
Discover the Benefits of Super Advanced Vitamin B-12 with the Info Wars Life Secret 12 Proprietary Formula

Since its inception, Info Wars Life has set about to bring you revolutionary products that are designed to be life changing. During this time we've found that so many 'staple' formulations have not yet been advanced with new leaps in nutraceutical science. We asked, why is everyone else developing processed, synthetic forms of vitamin B-12 that are loaded with fillers?

Low quality B-12 formulations can have serious problems when it comes to their affect on the body, their purity, and of course what's known as their 'bio-active' abilities.

That's why many have to resort to painful B-12 injections, which require needles and may come with a lot of pain.

Silver Bullet - Colloidal Silver
Enhances Frontal Cortex
Info Wars Life Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver

The Infowars Life Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver is finally here following Alex's extensive search for a powerful colloidal silver product that is both free of artificial additives and utilizes high quality processes to ensure for a truly unique product that has applications for both preparedness and regular use.

Super Cleanse Pack
Gets all muck out of the body [detox]
Liver Shield and Deep Cleanse are back in stock and we have combined them to create the Super Cleanse Pack.

i really don't like hetfield's vocals after kill 'em all

I feel you. People who use "the rest is history" about their petty lives should be gassed

metallica is THE thrash metal band, they were fucking good, then somewhere around the late 90's they started whining about napster and going through therapy sessions

MAGNA
MAGNA

Kill Em All is far and away the best but RTL is okay, everything else is bad

Their first four albums are awesome.

Everything else... meh.

this

Sabbath is, but Metallica is close.

Load and ReLoad are the best things they've ever done and ever will do. I mean I like every album but I'm tired of the epic fucking meme that 90s Metallica was bad.

I don't know how I feel about Load and Reload.
Everyone talks shit about them, but some of the songs I really enjoy.
They have a few songs that I love and the rest I usually just skip.

What I think is good:

Reload
>Fuel
>The Memory Remains
>The Unforgiven II

Load
>Until It sleeps
>King Nothing
>Ronnie

Well there's no shame in that. Rip is one of the best metal albums ever.

They were GOAT up until And Justice For All.

T H I S T B Q H
H
I
S
T
B
Q
H

That's how I feel. Everyone fucking says "Oh their old shit is great" (Which it is) But even more recent stuff is still fucking good. It just seems like a bunch of edgy teens who don't want to like anything new or different. No one appreciates things for what they are, they're always trying to compare.

It's all the pirating. Bands aren't making money anymore.