Enjoy a song

>enjoy a song
>it ends
>immediately forget how it goes

am i alone on this one

Mm I feel this way about the numbers for some reason. I remember the rest just fine though.

I get this with literally every album I've ever listened too.

The numbers is the worst song th

>listen to Barn Owl
>like it
>can't tell a single song apart or remember them

what does this mean

Yeah, it's my least favourite, but I do still like it.

Thats because its a bad album.

Literally this entire album.

I'm like this with most things on first listen, takes me repeat listens to really remember how it goes, is my memory fucked?

laughing stock is really bad for this

Nope I think that's normal. I'm like that too unless I find a track particularly memorable or simple.

That's low IQ for you [spoiler]and me[/spoiler].

I've long disillusioned myself from misattributions of it to halfway-concepts such as 'memory' or 'attention' or 'concentration'. The root case I'm dumb trash.

It's a shame. There's a lot of music I love I want to remember... and not only music.

faggot

It usually takes me 2 or 3 listens for me to even remember 1 song on an album. Once I start remembering certain parts, that's the first step to liking the album. On the first listen though I might as well have been asleep because I won't remember anything.

I remember *literally* nothing of songs I've listened to dozens of times.

same for me.

It's quite a predicament because I absolutely hate going to sites like RYM and finding out what the highest rated albums/singles are. I like to discover that shit on my own, the problem being it takes so damn long.

Exact same for me with that album, except for Decks Dark and Identikit.

No OP. Many people are born with mental deficiencies.

decks dark has the most beautiful chorus

As in, you could put a gun to my head and ask me to intone a bit, and I'd die.

Generally things that stand out are either very good or annoying. for me.

Aside from some lyrics, notably on Desert Island Disk and The Numbers, I just about have this album down well enough to play it in sequence in my head. I'm quite fond of it.

i'm a straight a genius dude......... except math i got 6% in that

Nope. I kinda feel this way about most albums. Have to listen a few times to remember each song

I bet you are bud

different user here.

no, radiohead just dont make alot of memorable songs, it's just alot of quaint but docile chord progression with alot of emphasis on texture and unconventional song structures.

One of many the reasons I've never been a huge fan of Radiohead.

What are you on about? Each track is distinct and unique on that one.

that's what should happen you massive newfag

i am though i got plenty of a's without studying. except i studied for math and failed it big-time

What you just said is exactly what I adore about AMSP, and precisely why I find it memorable.

sometimes I feel like every time I listen to an album it's for the first time. it takes me like 20+ listens to actually memorize everything

well, thats good for you, I guess our brains work differently. I can remember bachs toccata and fugue, all 9 minutes of it, but there are really just a handfull of radiohead songs I can remember.

After enough listens, anything can be remembered.

Do you ever focus solely on the music or is it always just background noise while you shitpost on Sup Forums or whatever?

I bet you did bud

with popular music albums, I generally browse Sup Forums while listening, but I only skim, so I'm still taking in the album

with classical pieces and jazz albums, I curl up under a blanket, close my eyes and devote my full attention to the music.

that's probably autistic but that's just how I like to do it.

i wouldn't lie to you

No, the latter way is the best way to appreciate music and I bet you remember it better that way. I always listen to music in bed for an hour or so before I sleep and it's pretty much the only time my focus is 100% on the music, and I have all my best experiences with music that way. When I play it during the day while I'm distracted it's really just a trial run to see what I'll be listening to in bed later.

I too get this at a lot of albums but this more than any other actually.

It's just a forgettable, uninspired album, lad. It's not your fault. Don't listen to the reddit fanboys who will try and tell you it's good.

I bet you wouldnt bud

c'mon man.................

;)

I honestly don't think you're right. My friend is an actual genius and is one of the most absent-minded people you'll meet.

are you sure it's not a rain man situation