Realising this hack is the voice of my generation

not a good feel man

ok.

I would be more okay with it (still would hate it) if he was just another shitty boom bap hip hop dude putting out generic garbage. Unfortunately, he's just another shitty boom bap hip hop dude that professes his love for Jesus all the time.

IT'S 2016
T
'
S

TPAB > GKMC > UU > .80

I never understood the hype with this dude. Hes ok, the beats he raps over are awesome sometimes but he has no hand in that.

GKMC>UU>TPAB>S80

This one is more accurate.

This nigger doesn't even have the talent to become the "voice" of this generation. He's just a dumbass subhuman negroid who spouts the usual nigger babble without much talent; my intellect in music is weakening because of this stupid nigger.

This KenDICK Lamar is just a nigger babbler brainwashing the simple minded. It's really saddening that these idiots like his noise.

If you hear it you lose:

I remember you was conflicted

How's high school

Thanks, now I know to filter you.

>canthandlethebantz.tiff

this tbqh f a m

(You)
(You)
(You)

Happy now, kid?

I swear to God 90% of Sup Forums are le born in the wrong generation

they're uptight middle class white kids who use their self deluded ideas of "superior" taste to feel better about the fact that they have a shitty personality

Kendrick will be one of THE voices of this generation. Kanye will be this generations Beatles though.

What a shame.

I honestly love this guy. Seems like one of the most genuine heart felt in the game right now. GKMC and TPAB are fantastic too. So vastly different but great in their own ways. I don't know what to expect from his fourth album. I don't know where he can go from here.

>''they're''
>pro tip: you're on Sup Forums as well

Except who cares about him outside of his music?
White kids don't care about him unless he's making a banger brah

Yeah same. Btw the people that like Kendrick don't post in these threads anymore, it's pointless.

This is sadly so fucking true. I used to drop this guy home from work and he'd only listen to his singles like "bitch don't kill my vibe" etc. He asked me if I listened to "old school hip hop" and I said "yeah i like a bit of slick rick from the 80s" and he said "oh nah I meant 50 cent lol".

Anyway, I apologise for typing like a child. It's 12:30am and I couldn't give a shit.

I don't even know why I replied to this bait garbage. Then again, 90% of the threads on this board are designed to instigate arguing.

>He asked me if I listened to "old school hip hop" and I said "yeah i like a bit of slick rick from the 80s" and he said "oh nah I meant 50 cent lol".

Fucking kek this has to be bait right? ...right?

You're existence is a mistake.

I'm 100% telling you the honest to god truth. I was like "50 cent is from around 2003 that's not old what the fuck". I guess Eminem and Aesop are old school too then right?

It's true though. It's impossible to talk about Kendrick's music on this board without being flooded with cuck and kill all whiteys, etc. Most people can't even be arsed arguing against it anymore they just ignore threads like these.

Then it's a good thing I don't take the internet too seriously. GKMC is up there in my top 10 of all time. At the moment anyway. It always changes. Aesop's "Labor Days" has moved into to tie with MBDTF.

Fuck off.

Kendrick Lamar is hands down the best rapper in the game right now, you clown him either because he's popular or because you're racist, either way you probably haven't even listened to his music properly. He's probably the first rapper to fuse old school hip-hop with jazz and funk influences. To Pimp a Butterfly was the best album of last year, most critics agree on that, utilising this musical style while addressing issues of race, fame and personal struggle, but Sup Forums is content to shill for Young Thug or whatever contrarian Sup Forumscore bs is coming through at the time.

The great thing is about people who don't fall for this shit is that I can enjoy Thugger and Kendrick both. I fuck with trap hard but I also want to sit down and listen to some really meaningful hard hitting shit too.

>He's probably the first rapper to fuse old school hip-hop with jazz and funk influences
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, GKMC aged so well, it actually got better with time. I loved TPAB when it came out, but a year later I have to admit that it lost some of its strength, still an incredibly well written project though, but it doesn't have the emotional impact gkmc has.
Sing about me I'm dying of thirst is his best song btw

TPAB was pretty boring outside of the production. If he didn't have every big producer in California working with him, it wouldn't have been one tenth as good.

>implying it's not actually sosa
History will absolve him

>I have to admit it's lost some of it's strength.
It's not that for me. I still think TPAB is fantastic. Coincidentally I listened to it through it's entirety for the first time in a long time yesterday. I just don't feel like it has the replay value that GKMC does. Sure the singles are great, but it is a harder album to digest. And I'm not going to lie, Mortal Man is good but the interview makes me cringe.

>Sing about me I'm dying of thirst is his best song btw
It changes for me a lot. Generally it's M.a.a.d City though for me or Swimming Pools. That second half of Swimming Pools is killer.

why do people got to say "the game" when referring to the rap industry. Always feels so corny to me. Also, rap stars never release a single they "drop" it. I get rap is a lot different than most other genres, but this whole weird ass lingo that the fans and journalists use it stupid. Honestly feels like we hold rap music to different standards then anything else.

>implying negroes actually like this homo shit

true

lol I remember when tpab came out one kid I knew was posting on twitter "yo where are the bangers at on this new kendrick." and was instantly saying how wack it was. Later he came around and liked some songs, and hood politics apparently banged.

I mean.. I kind of agree? Idk, I'm a white guy, but I just got caught up in the whole kind of thing seeing as it's my favourite genre. I try to stay away from using terms like "it's so fire" and "it's lit". A lot of it makes me think of that black people twitter shit with all the emojis.

You gotta keep up the negro minstrel show lingo, makes the white goyim think its more exotic and ignore the low quality and bestial behavior, it's only a side show after all. Very subtle brainwashing.

>in the game

cringe.

Well, rap is for impressionable children, so if that's your generation then so be it.

>impressionable children
>been around for nearly 40 years
hue

nursery rhymes have been around for hundreds of years...
guess that makes them for people in their 200s, eh?

Yeah I agree, I didn't want to say that it was bad or anything, it's amazing, it just lost some of its magic. Like you say, gkmc has a lot more replay value, it still hits me after all these listens. I loved the interview at the end of tpab on my first listens, but now it just comes across as a bit corny and it drags.

>Generally it's M.a.a.d City though for me or Swimming Pools. That second half of Swimming Pools is killer.
Both great songs, especially in the context of gkmc. Good Kid to maad city to Swimming Pools is an extremely intense three-song streak and Sing about me I'm dying of thirst is perfectly placed after them. It's much calmer, the focus is completely on Kendrick's flow and his lyrics, and imo it has the best lyrics he has ever written. His playing around with the flow is impeccable as well. Fucking love it.

>a bit corny and it drags
Agreed. Personally I've never seen the hype in 2pac so maybe that contributes to my biases. I think he's heavily overrated.

Is it bad of me to say I am not super fond of the second half of "sing about me i'm dying of thirst"? It's not bad, and the lyrics aren't bad, but something about it puts me off. Idk man.. I think though if I were going to cut a track it'd be "real". The lyrics are good but the hook is bad imo.

#rekt

inb4 samefag fuck

I didn't reply because I'm not interested in you garbage opinion that's designed to get me angry. I guess you "rekt" me.

Kendrick confirmed for under 20 core. Thanks for giving me the heads up so I know to avoid this goofy idiot

>yfw people of all ages love kendrick

This. The amount of Black "culture" in the media that is being shoved down every bodies throat is sickening.

I'll agree that it's being shoved into our faces. But this isn't the only thing. If anything's worse it's the LGBTQ+ shit. Literally everything has to have a gay/lesbian/trans angle and every tv show is forcing the token gay character in it.

>implying artistic collaboration is a bad thing
wew lad

I never listened to 2Pac and only know his well known songs, but I do believe that he is overrated as well, but still, he is an icon and I think that's what Kendrick was after when they did that interview.

It's your opinion, can't say it's bad lol. I prefer the first half as well, but I like the second half as well. The skit that connects them is great though.
I like Real, but not because of the lyrics. What I like about Real are the skits of Kendrick's parents talking to him over the phone, they really make the song imo. A lot of people are put off by the hook because it sounds a bit cheesy. But I've seen people argue that it's deliberately cheesy because it's supposed to imitate the girls from the hood that believe they are "real", but they're really just basic girls with purely material values. Reading that made me appreciate the song more.

Young Thug is my voice

That's an interesting though about the "real" girls form the hood. Thanks for that insight. Never thought about it that way. And yeah the skits are great. Really adds more realism to it. Not to mention they always give me a little smile.

That's not Mac DeMarco

No way near the voice of this generation. Only popular in indie circles. Shitty fan base too from what I've heard.

kendrick WAS the best rapper in the game pre-TPAB

contrarian opinion

Yeah, it's great hearing his parents being so understanding and emotional all of a sudden after only nagging throughout the album. My favourite part is the very end of his mother's last speech of advice when she says in a sad voice"And I love you Kendrick, if I don't hear you knocking on the door you know where I usually leave the key." Always makes me tear up a bit, it's like his mother suddenly becomes aware of the brutal nature of the place and that Kendrick could have died that night as well. It's actually similar to that line in Sing about me, "I woke up this morning and figured I call you in case I'm not here tomorrow...".
Shit the more I think about this album the more I love it.

>taking stale yucky pasta
Hows your first weem of Sup Forums?

Kendrick Lamar is barely above industry plant popstars. He can't produce, he can't sing, he only rhymes. His lyrics are only impressive to hiphop purists and straight stupid, low IQ teenagers; it has no literary merit. Kendrick Lamar is an edgier, male Beyoncé.

this desu. people like prince or michael jackson have way more merit as artists and legitimity to their superstar status

>pasta
I just wrote that in this thread so don't pretend you've seen it before.

>He's probably the first rapper to fuse old school hip-hop with jazz and funk influences.

Ive seen this meme posted multiple times. If your gonna claim something as being your original thoughts, make sure its actually original.

This.

Yeah man. And when she says she cancelled her appointment. Just because she wants to make sure she knows Kendrick's okay. The appointment can wait. Her son's safety is paramount.

I'm not him but kek

>i've seen this argument before thus it's invalid

what kind of retard are you?

talking about hip hop in Sup Forums is pointless because most of the demographic are pasty, edgy/racist geeks who don't know what the fuck they're talking about

>le ol' "if you ain't black you can't judge black music" meme adage

kill yourself

Whaddup anthony

you can't judge black music if you're a racist, shut-in edgelord with no social or cultural knowledge beyond what you read on Sup Forums

that better, idiot?

this guy gets it

The grammy performance was the dumbest fucking shit i've ever seen, was there even a song in there?

Is that your pickup line?

that makes no difference since retarded hip hop listeners like you will claim whoever dislikes their music is a "racist, shut-in edgelord with no social or cultural knowledge beyond what you read on Sup Forums". it's just another meme

The jews were your influence

no, what i'm saying is if you're an unbearable, edgy racist dipshit you have nothing relevant to say about hip hop, it's got nothing to do with being black or white, suck a dick please.

I have slight downs but where did i invalidate his opinion? I simply said it wasnt an original point. How do people like you come up with random bullshit like that? You seem like the retard tbqh.

Hes shit

Kill yourself my man

Fuck off Fantano.

Also,
>most critics agree
doesn't mean shit

Dis some avant garde bait

I literally just ctrl-f'd "booty" expecting a post in this thread from you. Nice job removing your trip before making the thread.