pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

>delayed AGAIN
I just want my left handed board
why is this so hard

Reminder there is no such thing as a good cherry style switch

Just a reminder that if you don't have a split keyboard then you have nothing going on in your life beyond pretending that you have a modicum of creativity by choosing non-traditional color combos on your minimalist homosexuality signaler. None of you fat, gay faggots engage in any activity that requires a keyboard since anyone that types for a living sees their keyboards for the tools that they are and not a medium for the most milquetoast form of personal expression imaginable.

Works on my machine.
You have to manually select 4PX as a carrier in the options.

Daily reminder to suck my cock.

You too.

>lefty
You three.

cherry made a bajllian different switches including official alps switches. can you be more specific

It's happening (soon [eventually]).

You know what switches I'm talking about, don't be dense faggot.

I have a pack of Jades right next to me right now too. They feel really nice to press, but I can't imagine how hard I would be bottoming out on these.
On that note, I also just soldered a pack of Hako Clears onto my keyboard. It's pretty different from the tactile switches I've used before. The bump feels more drawn out for most of the switch press up until actuation. I'm not sure if I like it though.

You should have invested in a Melody96
luckily theres the budget96 coming out for you as well

>final price $199
well I guess it is under 200

>bjarne stroustrup
What a fucking faggot

Yeah but I want backlit keys and hot-swappable switches and the Melody didn't have that. This one supposedly will.

>budget96
What is this? I don't mind it being a kit depending on how low this goes and what features it packs.

>backlit keys and hot-swappable switches
both shitty memes

i rather than them than not

budget96 is a PCB IC on geekhack for $35
optional sandwhich acrylic case for $60

you're right I do. Those cherry ML switches are utter garbage, not like their M8 switches which use superior Japanese steel

I can just tell you use reddit

>M8 switches
tell me more user, can i get some cheap switches that have a smaller footprint so i can build a cute 40% with the size of a 30%?

>hot-swappable switches is a meme
Switch removal is only 10 minutes for me with access to a Hakko fr-400, but it can easily become a time sink with only solder wick and a plastic pump.

and how is that?

they're just shorter switches. they still take up the same area

How often do you actually find yourself needing to change switches?

Is it actually worth the increased chance of failure?

You can always shave off the sides of your keycaps if you want a smaller keeb desu

it's a meme because they don't always fit right in the sockets and on the plate

Thats a great price, specially as it seems to include caps and switches. I just wish their anodizing is better, because the one on the prototype is truly disgusting.

o what a shame i thought that if they where similar to ML they also had a smaller footprint

that would look shit also there are some issues, if you put them close you will struggle putting diodes or be forced to hardwired the switches ( im speaking about DIY) also if 3D print a smaller keycaps it would hit the upper part of the switch

I tough about buying melody, the china guy prototype was great, but the final version with rounded corners and bezels is ugly as fuck.

>sandwhich acrylic case

Thanks senpai, everythings good :)

Just design your own case then. Should be easy to CAD up something nice.

If it fails, you just have to solder them. Or replace the socket.

its not THAT bad
but yeah listen to hopefully seinden tech will show up eventually

where you ordered those plates i planing on making a modular acrylic keyboard

not me, just the picture of the budget96 from the geekhack

>40% with the size of a 30%
Unless you're typing with your dick that form factor is too small to be usable.

split 30%

You don't have two dicks.

>Implying my dick its smaller than my finger
you fucking piece of shit!

No man i just want a very very small keyboard made by me that will fit in a hipbag

>too small to be usable
where do you think you are

You don't know me

So I'm planning to order this on Friday. I'll be getting original cherry stabs from somewhere else and probably using a krytox mix lube on the switches.
I'll build it with some dinky soldering iron.
Anything I can improve, even aesthetically? Note it's not the sushi set but the "russian&red" set with a matching red lindy cable and silver chassis.

we where talking about ML switches that enables you to make a smaller keyboard

I have no fucking idea where I could find a place to CNC a case, or anodize it, and even if I did it would probably cost a lot more than just ordering something like KBD19x.

Sure, I could just cut some acrylic to do a shitty sandwitch case, but I have yet to find a single one that looks nice.

This gigantic form factor, without a single mounting point in the middle, and an acrylic plate... wont it flex like hell? People are complaining about XD96 flex, and at least it has a steel plate mounted on an aluminum shell.

holy fuck is this shopped? Bjarne uses a hkkb?

its budget for a reason

Its the original rubber dome one.

nullYes, he really uses an hhkb. Have you ever tried topre? It's actually really nice if you just type all day

You're such a faggot

retardfrog.jpg

>I have no fucking idea where I could find a place to CNC a case, or anodize it, and even if I did it would probably cost a lot more than just ordering something like KBD19x.
forget on building an aluminum case and ordering one, that will ruin you

>Sure, I could just cut some acrylic to do a shitty sandwitch case, but I have yet to find a single one that looks nice.
top plate carbon fiber, mid part translucent acrylic bottom part carbon fiber. that result in a very pleasant looking build user

If you really want a heavy case, you could always 3d print a full case with a slot for a brass weight. 3d prints are also easy to smoothen and have lots of compositions and colors available.

Try ordering a split keyboard to actually improve your typing experience instead.

most people are fine with a normal layout you fucking gorilla

They don't know what they're missing. Trust me, I was once like them.

Too bad there's no split keyboard with good switches

Define good switches

Capacitive buckling springs

topre

Alps

literally anything other than membrane or cherry/MX stem garbage

Just buy two of the smallest boards you can and use one on each hand.

matias ergo some shit, VE.A

Nice memeswitches you unproductive waste of space.

Still waiting for my model f

you should tell all the japanese office workers who use rebranded topre for their 60 hour work week that they're unproductive memeswitchers

Not everything is a meme just because you can't afford it you dumb poorfag.

But, like, I don't want to.I want a kbd75.

But XD84 is cheaper, user, and looks better.

Also, silver cases dont go well with beige caps. Get something grey or black.

Freetards love the HHKB, heck linux magazine gave it a perfect score 20 years ago

nullI built it around the stock pics of the kbd75. Pic related. You think black on black caps would look better on silver? I would think I should just get the black case if I'm getting black keycaps.
I will look into the xd84, I just defaulted to kbd fans because I've used them in the past and good fast shipping is important to me as I am exceedinly impatient.

Says the faggot that's too poor to try out a split keyboard to see what it's like. I would never buy a setup with those listed switches unless I could find them in a split because ergonomic design is a thousand times more impacting to typing performance and fatigue than any switch choice. I can tell that you're speaking from a place of ignorance and jealousy as you've never tried a split but you really should before you try and argue about it.

those exist tho

>too poor to try out a split keyboard
You fucking brainlet, I said I wont try out a split keyboard because none exist with good switches.

>You fucking brainlet, I said I wont try out a split keyboard because none exist with good switches.
This is why you're stupid. A split membrane keyboard is better than everything you've ever owned or tried.

Except it's not and you're just a retard trying to justify his overpriced chinkshit keyboard.

This

You're in the wrong general

>he is slowly surrendering his meme split thing and passing to our side
4 sessions more and this guy buys a 60% keyboard

This entire general is about justifying overpriced chinkshit keyboards.

I don't justify chinkshit because I don't buy chinkshit.

show us your keyboard

IBM Model F AT

>i'm mad that people are passionate about their keyboard they use for 16 hours a day >:|

the pcb was produced in Taiwan so yea you correct, not chinkshit (this fact was pulled out of my ass)

Retart

I googled split alps keyboards and they all look terrible

> Spend 10 seconds googling something
> suprised when your "research" is fruitless

>have to search more than 10 seconds to find a good split keyboard
Pathetic

Where to buy Alps SKCM Blue switches? Do I really have to buy a $200+ keyboard? On eBay? Prices are insane for any board that has them

found a decent you faggot

Ebay prices are trash, buy it anywhere else. I got an omnikey 102 with blue alps for $60 on craigslist.

>iso

split keyboards are shit

that 1 (one) user who keeps shilling them needs to commit suicide by drinking cum-laced-bleach

They're not made anymore, so yes you have to buy an old keyboard with them

Hope you have an ultrasonic cleaner, alps switches get destroyed by dust

>this guy doesn't have two dicks

>gib alps pls
Seriously though, do you have any suggestions places to buy a board with Alps blues?

Deskthority would be the best place.