ITT: Rolling Stone Facebook fans comment on modern musicians

the cringier the better

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/lewronggeneration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

+bonus points if Queen mentioned in comment.

where's the cringe

He's right though

Kanye makes music that people like. Is that somehow bad?

/thread

Kanye West is fucking Reddit tier garbage

Fuck back off

reddit.com/r/lewronggeneration

It's a new form of lower standards.

Admit it, music used to be better a few years back.

Nobody is saying that the music is bad just because people like it.

I believe he's just saying how sad it is that so many people like bad music.

>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>le smash mouth, nickleback, guy fieri. LMAOOOO. WHITE PEOPLE THO!!! XD
>you don't like drake? OK DAD, born in le wrong generation?
>I follow pop culture.
>I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like. Jay-Z be like Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>BITCH IM FEELING IT, takeyon!! haha sometimes i like crazy shit like death grips. im also REALLY into irony. viper, lil b, the list goes on. my sense of humor is wild. O SHIT WADDUP
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu. old white man yells at cloud
>poor little white opressed guy! BOOHOO!
>iggy azelia and robin thicke are literally the most problematic musicians ever
>ROUNDTABLE ABOUT THE NEW RHIANNA SINGLE. this is everything
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to Sup Forums
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, I'm in the know
>>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO. XDDD
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#FEELtheBERN stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew

Are you literally this fucking retarded? lol

damn....

Isn't that always what older people say? That music is getting worse?

That doesn't mean it's not true

Did OP make this thread hoping a Kanye West defense crew would show up?

This isn't Reddit you nu-male.

>someone who never learned to sing properly, nor play an instrument, is now a revered musical artist
Such as Mick Jagger?

It's called having an opinion.
I feel like the proliferation with the internet and piracy, bands and musicians don't bother unless they're making it an act of love and relying only on touring and merch revenue.

This took so much effort to write, you need some recognition

No, you just don't personally like what's popular now.

Literally as simple as that.

don't cut urself on the edge my man

he goes on about independant artist getting fucked by the industry but i bet he listens to muse and steely dan the fucking schmuck

>someone who never learned to sing properly, nor play an instrument, is now a revered musical artist
Awww, baby doesn't like electronic? How cute.

this is a response that some 15 y/o female tumblr user would give, and it made me cringe like you wouldn't believe

kill yourself, seriously

Neo-Sup Forums in a nutshell

Allow me to rephrase:

Aww, you don't like electronic?
Well it doesn't matter because your taste doesn't rule the world you special snowflake.

Saved for next cringe thread

With all these "wrong generation" music rants why is it that Kanye is the go to artist to show that the quality of music is going down?

Do they not know any other pop star?

best pasta.

same here. it's gonna be a race

Hes kinda right though. Technology in music isnt bad, but it does create alot of spam music which makes it harder to sift through. For every pro in technology in music there is an equal amount of cons. Music Tech liberates creators but at the same time gives a cheap route for people if they choose it. It really doesnt matter because if someone doesnt have an understanding of melody and rhythm then they arent going to make anything worth listening to anyway.

born in le wrong generation

not sure how 'teams of songwriters' translates to 'laziness'

surely that means more man hours were spent on each track, not less

b-but user, he's ARROGANT!!!1!1!

You forgot to mention something about how [talentless nigger]'s new single bumps in the whip

He casually forgets that the vast majority of pop hits before the 1970s were written by songwriters not related to the artist recording them, and then there's Tin Pan Alley before that - and no one cried "lazy!"

yeah exactly
desu i don't even listen to kanye or much manufactured pop but to call it lazy is missing the point
like hollywood movies - they might be junk to me but that's nothing to do with the amount of work put in

He only feels this way about top 40 stuff as he mentioned at the end that this kind of thing is overshadowing a lot of good indie artists. If he felt like this applied to all modern music then it would be cringe material.

you guys know thats already been a pasta for a very long time, right?

808's & Heartbreak, Yeezus, and TLOP are the best pop albums in 20 years.

Fucking disgusting.
If you get off your fat ass and look for good music you can find it.
They think top 40 is the only music out there and that's funny as hell because millenials are buying more indie and listening to more indie than any previous generation.

He says in the image that the top 40 stuff is overshadowing a bunch of good indie stuff. He's merely complaining about how shitty top 40 stuff is.

are both you new or something?

someones updated it though
now it mentions dat boi
how innovative

>listening to more indie than any previous generation
To be fair, that can be helped because of the internet (which is pretty obvious).

>lol have you wasted less of your life here or something

He's right you cuck

you said cringe yet you post true things

>tfw I used to be like that