At what point did we all submit to google using us as sweatshop button clickers...

At what point did we all submit to google using us as sweatshop button clickers, trained monkeys only good for teaching skynet how to become smarter.

Captcha used to serve a purpose, back when it actually solved the problem.

But nowadays, with where we are at with machine learning/algorithms - all of the people that we were supposedly trying to stop by using these, are the only ones that can beat it.

Not only does captcha take away 5% of my working day (I timed it), it is also a blood boiling, hair pulling and utterly infuriating process when you must do it >30 times a day.

When you are needed to login to that many different portals that require this bullshit throughout the day, between all of the times it fails and you forget to click a sign post (OR CLICK THE SIGN POST) - it adds up.

Bottom line: Captcha is no longer a net positive effect on the world at large, and remains only for the simple fact that google likes money, and google is god.

Why.

I paid for the good goy pass instead.

it's pretty much complete cancer at this point. you used to only have to click on 3 trees and it would let you through. then you had to pick out signs, but it would usually let you through on the second one and you could always refresh it until you got an easy one. now it takes 5 signs and if you try to refresh too much it completely locks you out for like half an hour.

I'm considering doing this. I don't want to give hiroshima money but I also don't want to work for free.

Google usually lets me through without clicking. What are you doing wrong?

Making more than two posts per day.

That's only if you use Chrome.

OP here

I'm referring mainly to work related things I have to use captchas with. But yes, captcha is here too. It's everywhere, just a gigantic leech slowing everyone down

I do it knowing that after AM is born, a little bit of of me will live on in its mind after it exterminates humanity.

I use Safari, and when I don't post much it lets me through without filling captcha half of the time or more. But, the other day I was posting a lot, and I guess that's why I got more captchas and longer ones too.
I even get one when I search on Google (!), but it probably has to do with my setup/ISP, and it lets me through 80% of the time only asking to tick the box. Stupid but oh well.

Use this style instead.

Because tech is full of obvious monopolies, and everyone is totally fine with it. Also, today you have ((("free"))) software, which sells your data or even makes you do free work (like Captcha), and again, everyone's fine with it. Google is protected from just about any criticism just like Facebook or any other liberal tech.

How else would you prove your human then?

>Not only does captcha take away 5% of my working day

fuck off marketing scum

So i got tired of this constant clicking bullshit after a while (I wonder how retarded phoneposters even put up with this) and decided to use sound captcha. It's a bit less annoying, but I went through those so fast recaptcha thought I was a bot and blocked me temporarily.
Recaptcha in its current state is completely incompatible with Sup Forums. Requiring a captcha on every post is idiotic, and paying this criminal retard for a pass just to get banned for some bullshit later shouldn't even be on the table.

Use a captcha that doesn't exploit the users
Google could easily give you twice the amount of pics to solve today, and you have to accept

They could implement a text based captcha again, there's no way they already digitalized all the books they have on the backlog.

It's not really different than before, it's just we affect the product less directly.
Basically if you dont like recaptcha stop visiting shit sites (including Sup Forums)

What the hell, nigga? How is captcha taking up almost hour of your day? If you're filling it out ~30 times a day, that's about 2 minutes per captcha
Are you so mentally unwell that you're incapable of clicking a bunch of pics in a few seconds and getting through it?

Inwardly: alone. Here. Living under the land, under the sea, in the belly of AM, whom we created because our time was badly spent and we must have known unconsciously that he could do it better.

I miss when it was only words, and they hadn't thought about people giving them shit data intentionally. I never typed the words correctly, and I remember many anons saying they did the same. Hopefully we ruined some ML models before they picked up on what was going on.

I guess Google's captcha pays money, right? That's probably the reason Hiro implemented it

>~30 times a day
More like ~300

It was always google's captcha, even when moot was here. I think it's offered as a free service, it doesn't really pay anything.

It started in like 09 with moot

>it doesn't really pay anything.
Really? Then why the fuck are they using it?! I though I read Hiro say somewhere that this picture captcha pays. Otherwise, why in the heck ax the legacy captcha?

It wasn't up to hiro, google removed the text captcha for good on all sites. As to why, it probably helps them with google street view.

>2018
>Not solving captcha automatically

Is there any alternative to it
Because it's seriously ridiculous if it doesn't pay, it just milks Sup Forums for Google

2 slow

That's still slower than just typing one word and then nigger.

Fucking how?

> that many clicks
> automatically
Legacy captcha was the fastest to go over since you only needed 1 Tab, type and hit Enter.
With nocaptcha even if you get a free pass you still have to stare like a moron into it for a bit before you can click Submit.

Yep, but when it gives digits it really speeds things up. If it recognises of course.
Also you go nothing, just wait.
FagOS X Voice recognition. By the way, Google Voice recognition also recognises quite well

Can be automated.

Still 20 seconds of waiting. Hardly better than nocaptcha and voice recognition quality is likely has a terrible success rate

Very cool

Success rate is not bad, it is like 3/4 or higher. And it recognises capthcha better, than my ESL english.

when all site admins started using it. usuability is not important at all to them and thats why we get these captchas and heavy javascripts just to display a line of text.

its not possible. there will always be a program that solves your shit better than a human.

the difficulty increases if you use it often. at some point you have to solve >20 pages of captchas before it might let you do what you wanted.

solvemedia has the captcha that pays. only google profits with recaptcha.

its al about tracking you user, the "teaching ai to transcribe childrens text books for the disabled pls halp edukashion"is nonsense.

theyve been able to write algos that can find a god damn bridge/street sign in a picture for years.

what they really want, the real gold, is tracking data. each time you do a captcha on any website, you must ping yet another google server.

and for all you guys that are all "oh yippee google isnt hat bad, hey it even lets me just do a checkmark sometimes only... google knows im a good boy and lets me go free"

^ thats because you clearly suck at privacy. the absolute state of Sup Forums these days. if you were doing the internet right, you wouldnt have these holes in your sec that are clearly leaking either geo/ip data, or browser fingerprint.

captcha is just another arm of the big data new century. plug in or be obsolete, thats the goal for google..