How many times did you go back to windows before stay with linux?

how many times did you go back to windows before stay with linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardware.slashdot.org/story/07/10/30/1742258/ubuntu-may-be-killing-your-laptops-hard-drive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

staying*

I used both. Still do. Why do i have to pick one?

How many times did you go back to linux before stay with Windows?

Exactly zero. I only use windows on some edge cases. So, less than 10 times a year, for not longer than a hour.

I tried linux several times but at the time linux did everything I did in windows except gaming, so I never used it

Now that I'm a developer windows just limited me too much. I still used windows for C# programming but I genuinely prefer linux for development

None. Once you go linux, you never go back.
(Can someone more creative than I make that rhyme, or something?)

(OP)
>want to use Linux application on windows
just run it on wsl
>want to use Windows application on linux
either a shitty emulator that doesn't support 99% of useful software, with no form of GPU support
or
a vm that requires an additional GPU for GPU passthrough or else your main desktop environment ends up bogged down and slow as shit

>>want to use Windows application on linux
Why would you ever want this, user?

that is a well-edited video that loops pleasantly.

Opening word documents and spreadsheets without fucking up the formatting.
Using photoshop with plugins for far better results than gimp could ever give you in a million years
Editing a video with good hardware acceleration
Using advanced ray-tracing engines for 3DCG
Using among tens of thousands of GPGPU related activities that aren't just mining
ect...

I can think of Photoshop and gaymes.
Also a proper plist editor but I think I'm just terrible at searching for one

How many times did you watch that webm before you realized asians are uggo?

I only come to Sup Forums to check on /CSG/, is Twiceposting some sort of meem? Because I likey likey it desu

Only once. Second time I installed it onto my laptop so I could go back to my windows box when I got mad at it.
After awhile I got used to how it worked and now I use it fulltime on everything

Zero. Gentoo is much less annoying than Windows ever was.

Once you go linux, you break all the limits?

Once I'm back to Windows. Did the whole Linux-only thing for a while (like, two years), gave up on it for raw convenience.
plus, Windows was faster in important areas (in particular, I got like 2x better GPU performance under Windows on that machine)

might end up going back to Linux for good once I flat out can't keep using win7 though, it's not like the win10 situation is ever going to improve

Once you go Tux, everything else sucks.

when did you realize your gay?

I just came here to say that wine is not an emulator, it's an api implementation... Similar to Android' jdk implementation

I got motion sickness watching that webm fuck you OP

t. happa

More times then I counted.I tried, for years. Now I only use windows today on main comp and linux on laptop and phone. It was just too much work to get shit to work in linux. Games and programs from Win works in Linux.. after you spend two-fiftyfive days doing custom shit to figure out how to run them. Its not worth the time and grief. Linux gratis programs are not as good as most win programs. I have real work to do and cannot spend too much time on just getting shit to run on my computer. I really want to leave windows. But Linux is not yet mature enough for me, maybe in 5-10 years.

how do you recognize who is who in there?

been using debian on my machines for close to a decade and went back to an unupdated DAZ windows 7 disc image i created in 2009.

Its just too comfy, and lord i have tried.....

I just watched the video and realized how bad I want an asian girl. They are indeed the most beautiful girls on the planet. You are indeed gay, like the other user said

linux is pretty bad. it's like a toy.
i play with it until it breaks.

That sounds like Windows.

A toy that can be improved to be superior to other toys if you're not incompetent

Both have pros and cons, so I still use Windows.

You must be desperate.

i'm not poor. linux is for poor people and college students on tech boards for viral marketing.

Who the hell breaks their own toys? Are you retarded?

Lewd

Never.

Left Windows during Windows Chicago (win95 beta) and used Linux until 2018, now macOS because someone gave me a macbook as a gift and it runs all of the cli programs I'm used to as well as commercial software when I don't want to use FOSShit

i doubt this. it sounds like bullshit (pure)

I use both everyday, fite me

Nope. Upgraded to Chicago from 3.11 using my dad's Microsoft Network membership (back then you could get into the Chicago beta for $20) and a lot of the 16bit programs I used that weren't just frontend for dos shit would give me a "this is not a valid win32 application" error. Lo and behold, Linux had alternatives for almost everything that existed on Windows at the time (early 1994), so I switched over. Never had any reason to switch back to Windows after that.

5 times over the period of 11 years, sadly linux just doesn't come close to the comfiness and easiness. of some windows programs, I'm feel like killing myself.

>but muh wine
Muh "workflow" gets hurt

sounds pretty dumb. even for (1994)

I thought Linux in 1994 was an exercise in writing your own patches, or whole device drivers, to even get the thing to boot on whatever hardware you had. Or was it not as bad as I've been told?

Sorry, not a single OS pleb.

>inb4 muh multiboot
Sorry, not a single computer pleb.

It wasn't bad at all. Red Hat was fucking awesome back then. The only issue I ever had was back then you had to basically write your own XF86Config by hand. After that, it was easy peasy.

maybe you shoul watch it twice.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

since 2005 and never went back to windows u little shit cunt faggot

Once a day, usually after work.
In weekends, it's all Windows.

>Linux is not yet mature enough for me, maybe in 5-10 years

That's what I thought to myself 10 years ago after using it for 8 years.

No. Because the general mentality of the GNU/Linux development community stays the same. They didn't bother to warn people about aggressive power saving significantly increasing hard drive wear because "technically it wasn't their fault". That about sums up their mentality. Hell, even now people are using OpenBSD not knowing that it doesn't support TRIM. Maybe it's the FOSS community in general. Same shit. They never change.

hardware.slashdot.org/story/07/10/30/1742258/ubuntu-may-be-killing-your-laptops-hard-drive
I should have added that it was default config and of course people had to do the typical search online for solution su text config edit paste from internet source shtick to implement a workaround.

I should have added cd /. You have to know where the fuck the config file is.

I should have added you have to restart the daemon either by command or reboot.

I fucked that up. You can't cd to a file, just the directory of the file. Replace cd with joe or kate or whatever the fuck editor.

It's literally a command with an option. The ACPI option that fucks with ramp is the same (or worse) on Windows, too, but fuck reality, just blame Linux and FOSS for everything.

Once you go Sup Forums, the pussy just leaves.
sit and beat your meat at quarter to three.
Richard stallman yea he broke my fall man,
Use my VPN to shitpost through my ban.
Only use my nokia for personal calls faam.

got your bitches back more arched than my distro,
You'll never catch me at the disco,
sniff blow, fuck hos catch up on my weeb show.

Why not dual boot then?

I used Linux a couple times, but I see no benefit to it. Besides how easy it is to install.

With Windows I have to install all programs again and encrypt the drive. Wait forever on updates. While in Linux your almost instantly done.

About three times but then the faggotry with Windows got so OVERWHELMING and Wine so good that I'm now over one year on the tux

Why not just use like, Windows? It works, man

Once, after using Linux exclusively for 6 years - but I never went back to Linux. After Windows 8, there was no reason for me to use Linux anymore, since Windows has actually been usable ever since.

>Go black
>To windows
Lmaoing at your life

Both can open a webbrowser why should i pay for opening one...

That's more the exotic factor, they look a bit different than the girls you normally see with their slightly different eyes etc. Just like you can bet that many Asian men would like to have a western girl because she is again from a far away different country and looks more interesting like the ones he sees in daily life.

6 and counting

>still nothing close to IrfanView
>ALSA sounds like shit
>still no OS-wide thumbnail support

Everything else got mostly addressed over time.

Been using linux for about 9 years now, never went back. I do run windows vms for specific applications though.

I'm still on Windows 10 though

I switched to Linux fulltime as soon as I got my hands on a supported winmodem, before that I would use Windows only to have access to the internet.

More like: how many times did you get memed in to giving the Linux meme a try before going back to Windows? Way too fucking often.

Never. I used Linux daily before I ever used windows though.

>leaves
>implying

then pic related is pretty fitting.

This. Only turbo cucks on Sup Forums are so incompetent with security and privacy that running a windows machine compromises them. You should be good enough with computers to mitigate risk from an environment and use the best OS for each task.

Leaf here, why is there a Terry Fox Run banner in that classroom? Is this video shot in Canada?

once. Win7 was good.

Go Tux, you stupid Fucks.

>winmodem
Ouch. At least tell me if you dial up is 56k.

Only ever used windows for gaymes. My uncle taught me how to use a computer with his old potato running potato when I was 4-5 y/o and used gnu/linux since

Poor, Windows ... the discount OS! The one that pays for itself because vendors are able to slap ads on it?

Meanwhile, have you ever looked up the prices for RHEL licences.

That was a long time ago (2005). I have access to 10Mbit DSL now which is good enough for me.
Yes, it was 56k at the time.

--
Honestly, I miss the latency I had on dial up. It also didn't stop working as often as DSL.

Never, I still use both depending on which machine I'm using. Win7 for gaymen and video editing and loonix for browsing/shitposting/watching animuh