KDE doubts

Bros, I want to switch to KDE, but I'm having doubts.
. Security seems to not be as good as Gnome. Eg- kde.org/info/security/advisory-20180208-2.txt
>>It's full of garbage applications that have a very small community around them. Except the mainstream ones.
I can't stand this gnome garbage I have running on my system. It's ugly as fuck and is not designed for desktops without extensions. The garbage bar on top + window list extension on the bottom is required on the desktop to be usable. Which moron came up with this design? So bros I'm considering switching to kde because you Sup Forumsuys praise it constantly and I can't really disagree with your reasoning. Convince me security is not something I need to be concerned about.

What's your use case? Maybe LXDE or even just Openbox could work for you.

Just don't run with root and use common sense when scaling privileges?

Protip:this applies to any other software

why would KDE have a "Personal Information Management" system if it wasn't a botnet ?

I uninstalled all the garbage Kapps and KDE is a bliss to use. Much better that fucking gnome.

>not designed for desktops without extensions

Never used it since I uninstalled it on first boot, but I don't think the data leaves your computer. A botnet would suck up all that data into a centralized cloud service, but KDE apps don't do that so it's not a botnet.

Also, what's the best kde distro and why? fedora kde looks good and so does opensuse tumbleweed. Anyway why the actual fuck is opensuse a 4.7 GB download? Even bloated fedora kde is only 1,5 GB.

you made a mistake. gnome is the best desktop environment

>that fucking huge titlebar

NEON

press F11

you can have normal windows over fullscreen one

lts packages are fucking ancient, and the dependencies for a to of shit are broken to the point that I can't install calibre

Arch

That looks and feels like ass. I can't find any other reason to using Gnome other than hating yourself.

opensuse has both gnome and kde on its dvd, so you can choose when installing
you can use network image if its too big

Ah ok. So what's your opinion on opensuse?

Try cinnamon if you haven't, you might like it. KDE is more feature rich than I need my de to be. I tried all the de's and I like how little time is needed to set up cinnamon and make it look good. Maybe try xfce too, which is nice but takes much longer to set up and look decent, and has bad support for multiple monitors.

Use i3, faggot

Cinnamon is an underated desktop environment. Cinnamon < Gnome < KDE

>that vulnerability
Vulnerabilities that require hardware access are meaningless as shit and it was patched before it even was public.

I'm actually considering cinammon as well. My only concern is security. The cinammon devs don't have the best track record of security (compromised downloads anyone?) and also most of the repos on github barely have any contributors, so it makes me a little concerned. Thoughts?

nah, the fucking menu is awful, as is the calendar widget.
mate is much better, xfce is best.
if there were more options, customzablilty, and less gnome3 cancer it would be better, sadly that isn't the case.
bugdie tried the same shit cinnamon does and it was a disaster, gnome works work gnome alone. if cinnamon wants a future it need to adopt qt

I have KDE two weeks ago. Start Menu no longer works and the whole DE crashes.

Switched back to Awesome WM.

> Convince me security is not something I need to be concerned about.
Bait & switch thread.