Well gaymers, prepare them nooses

Just a reminder that there will never be a good time to build a gaming pc ever again
tweaktown.com/news/61015/nvidia-thinks-gpu-prices-will-continue-go-up-year/index.html

>Don't like high graphics card prices? Looks like we'll be suffering ALL YEAR

Other urls found in this thread:

apnews.com/55117fb55a714e909fb9aaf08841a5d6/Bitcoin-heist:-600-powerful-computers-stolen-in-Iceland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Glad I already bought a 1050ti AND a 1070 ti. Making those buttcoins on the side

I wouldn't mind that. I'm still holding on to a 5th gen cpu. I'd love a dirt cheap 9th gen or 10th gen.
I think cpu are already overpowered as is for their prices
they'll break before ROI

>>rumors of the next top nvidia gpu costing 1500$
>>crypto currency craze make this rumor all the more believable
>>everyone freaks out
>>nvidia realeses gpu at 900$
>>it's not 1500$ like the rumors said it would
>>everyone is happy thinking this is bargain
>>twf the gpu will have cost way more than the previous gen
>Tldr, op is a massive sucking dick faggot and a goy

Impossible my nigger. They have a 3 year warranty and they break even in 6 fucking months.

Good thing I don't need to upgrade my GTX1060 until after crypto dies.

the GPU rush is over, because the cryptocurrency boom is over. things will get back to normal later this year, just in time for the singularity to destroy it all.

>after crypto dies
So... never?

>>nvidia realeses gpu at 900$
>>it's not 1500$ like the rumors said it would
>he thinks MSRP matters at all in the first place
Nvidia and AMD aren't the ones that raised prices on the current cards. I do expect them to match the market a bit this upcoming gen but resellers will still sell it higher regardless.

not when the jews enter to the game world

I already own a RX480, but I bought an Xbox One X to game on.

Gets 4k most of the time. And nice frame pacing.

just buy 1060 3gb, it will literally play everything 1080/60/high

A) No it won't.
B) Those are massively inflated in price too now.

Sad day to be part of "PCMR"
Yet here I am playing superiorly more fun games on my Switch that costs less than a 1060, yet has similar graphics and is portable.

The IGPs, specially AMD ones are just getting good enough to run anything actually worthy on the PC.

Good thing this only affects poor american mutts.

>A) No it won't.
I beg to differ
>B) Those are massively inflated in price too now.
Sales will save us all
>Got my 1060 3gb for $270 before xmas
inflated? yes
double price? nope.

>Switch that costs less than a 1060, yet has similar graphics
denial.
>Good thing this only affects poor american mutts.
bait?

The AMD IGPs pretty much annihilate the switch in terms of graphics, and in terms of games, PC absolutely demolishes the switch even in terms of available nintendo games.
You can't even play Zelda OOT on the switch.

>not portable
Opinion disregarded. The lowest power Ryzen at the moment is 49W TDP.

Portability is all you have left from your arguments.

>they'll break before ROI

Mining doesn't fuck up a GPU like that, retard. Graphics cards are literally designed to be able to do full load for years.

The only way it'd break early is if there was excessive heat or overvolting.

It's a stupid myth that carried through from Nvidia's 8000 series and AMDs 6000 series of unreliable GPUs.

I don't need to play CSGO and DOTA at 16K 144FPS so I have no need for a $1500 GPU. nVidia = rekt.

Ever more expensive GPUs are only one side of the coin. There are less and less games worth playing, so you literally waste over a thousand dollars so you can play 3-5 games a year worth playing that actually need it.

So basically you pay 250-300$ per game.

I gave up and blew my upgrade savings on a 3d printer.

No regrets love my new hobby.

Those triple A titles are going to HAVE to be worth playing and heavily optimized in the future or they will go bust.

That's a slippery slope there. If the graphics aren't good enough to justify owning the more expensive cards, people who own those cards will bitch and moan about the game looking like shit. And if the graphics are too good to be enjoyable on cards the masses can afford, they will be outraged too.

This whole situation calls for 3D engines that are capable of scaling visuals better than anything else before, so the game can equally be played on a potato, and expensive shit... but not in a way that the game needs to look like it was made in 2004 so you can enjoy it using a card made in 2012, the graphics need to be adjustable so they offer the maximum for every card. It's a nightmare.

got a Vega 64 at MSRP so I'm good for a while :)

>be a gaymer
>pay several $k for a rig to get muh graphics
>it needs an upgrade every several years or muh graphics suddenly suck
>can't even play full game without DLC, seasons, etc (more $$$)
>literally no profit or skills gained from wasting 1000s of hours on games
>still entertain yourself with an idea that you're not being a tool and profit from all that

All the more reason to buy a cheap PS4

Thank god I got my 1080ti for cheap before all the miners got started

>mfw I built my first rig last black Friday before the ram surge
>mfw spent a little extra and got a gtx 1080 strix for 530$
>mfw got ddr4 2x8gb 3200 ram for 170$
Gaming on PC is incredible the graphics and smoothness alone
>been a console day forever
Havnt played my Xbox in 3 months

> (OP)
>I gave up and blew my upgrade savings on a 3d printer.
>No regrets love my new hobby.
Print a gun and use it on your temple.

Eh at least I got my PS4. All I play on PC is pubg and StarCraft 2. Everything else is PS4.

The one thing I would like to do is have a smaller PC. I'm such of having a giant tower with a shithead of bays.

Miner here
AMA

>Good thing this only affects poor american mutts.
>bait?
GPU prices weren't hit too badly in Europe, where electricity is more expensive and mining less viable.

how hard do you laugh when you see 12yo kids get mad at you over buying graphics cards?

Still no reason to upgrade my 560ti

Lmao this

So, how much did you lose on bitcoin?

guess I will just have to make my 1080 last longer.

people on budget or mid range cards have my condolences.

>GPU prices weren't hit too badly in Europe
speak for yourself, computers quadruple in price when you put a GPU inside them in Hungary. GTX1070 are literally the same price GTX Titans used to cost. All of this in a country where 2/3rd of the population is earning a minimum wage of 460 USD.

Looks like my RX480 won't ever see retirement until it dies. It's a good thing AMD's reference cards have overbuilt PCBs.
The bad thing is, it can't do 1440p/144hz and it looks like I won't ever get hold of a card that's not an insult to that monitor. Great times to be alive.

It's even funnier to think of the subset that's also edgy free market libertarians.
>demand sales restrictions max 2 per person
>demand nvidia/amd somehow block mining with firmware or driver updates

PC gaymers are stupid.
If you don't have decent hardware now, just switch to a console if you want to gayme.

I don't want to pay for every game that interests me, especially if I don't get to own a physical copy of said game.
Feel free to slap a brainlet.jpg wojak on my post.

I'm South African and it affected us. Though I'm not sure really our prices are typically overpriced thanks to high import tax and transport

You cannot play multiplayer games then if you just pirate.

Also console games are only expensive if you preorder or buy them at release, half a year later they are regularly on sales.

Multiplayer games that are good enough to justify a purchase aren't common at all.

But what if your pirating? You get your money back asap. Only reason I bout a PC is cause to buy 5 AAA games a year your looking at $250 a year. That's the msrp of a 1060. I worked it all out your really saving a hell of a lot through pirating Also PCs aren't only for gaming. Though the components are costly if that's all that your out for

>mfw make so much money 1500 bucks for a GPU is pocket change

It's still bullshit though.

How tight is your security?
The ningen are starting to notice you:
apnews.com/55117fb55a714e909fb9aaf08841a5d6/Bitcoin-heist:-600-powerful-computers-stolen-in-Iceland

Pirating isn't a viable option anymore for more and more games. Ever since far cry primal I can't save any CPY cracked open world ubisoft game. Any other developer's game works just fine, ubisoft games cracked by CPY do not save. Tried all the goddamn troubleshooting options for this issue, no success, I have to buy the games I like. Then there's Bethesda... ever since the inception of creation club in Fallout 4 patch 1.9, you can not use a pirated game anymore for new mods. And so on...

Every single game is figuring out how to have a DRM that makes a pirated game incomplete, and I only need those fucking extortionately expensive GPUs for them, no other application I use demands graphic computational power, regardless how many things a computer is good for besides gaming.

You don't have to be poor to have an austere way of managing your savings, threadripper guy.
And I love that pic.

They've got cloud GPU rendering now so your potato can play epic graphics. But you know nvidia will just turn it into an expensive service same way Microsoft office is a service now or how everyone will have to rent an ai driven car in the future. They don't want you to own anything.(also the same way they're trying to sell you half a game and lock everything else behind a paywall). Hell its the same with digital games you don't actually own the game. You only paid for the right to play it.

>They've got cloud GPU rendering now so your potato can play epic graphics.
Dream on, latency kills it.

No idea about NVidia but AMD got totally screwed. Their sales are actually up by 8% the last quarter and they are taking market share from NVidia (I know, hard to believe given that there's zero AMD cards for sale anywhere). But they are not making that record profit off it. They didn't see this price-hike coming and all their contracts with board makers (like EVGA, MSI, ASUS and so on) are based on MSRP prices. AMD's making the same as they did when prices were half of what they are now on a per-GPU chip basis.

Yeah. Slowly its becoming less feasible but pirated will find a way. I dont understand how they can't get around saving the game. But realistically people only play like 2-3 multiplayer games at max. So multiplayer is no problem.
Figured as much. Never bothered looking into myself. Since it doesn't sound attractive at all
Atleast they aren't sitting on stock like the last boom. Though they're still to see growth as the commercial market is slow to adopt their new CPUs and from the standing they've got now they're gonna be taking more marketshare from Intel as Intel can't catch up. They're so far behind on their 22nm. Insiders have said so themselves going to 14nm is going to take atleast 2 years for their performance to match their lake bullshit cause all they've been doing is optimising the shit out of it . they didn't expect amd to pull this off so amd has a head start.
That's probably why Intel and amd are making those laptops intel-vega chips together.

true, but it's nice to know that I can, if I want to.

btw picking up 1080ti with 3 year warranty, founders edition for 800 bucks NIB

funny thing is, back before cryptoniggers I offered a good buddy of mine my r9 290x when I upgraded to a 1080ti for 100 dollars and since then that card is now worth 350, but I'm still honoring the 100 dollar price because bro code.

Some guy is selling an Omen that he got from best buy for 600 bucks, it's working with an i5 7400 and gtx 1060. I just want something to use so I can play games smoother and prettier without potato settings, nothing extreme, I hardly know anything about how to properly build a pc, does this sound like a good deal?

Buy a prebuilt retards

Gaymers please I need to know this is a time sensitive ordeal

Yeah, works for me, heck I can do more 4k than i guessed if i don't go crazy with the ULTRA HIGH stuff.

That's a really good price. Take it whilst you still can considering the GPU alone is worth $4000.
I got the same set up basically. Most games High to ultra. Super smooth

Thanks for the needed support user, we're going back in forth through emails and I'm probs gonna do it.

I mean $400* of course

Who cares lol I will just scam a Titan Xp off eBay and be happy with it.

Cryptos will die at roughly the same time they kill the planet via environmental collapse precipitated by waste of power.

>Sup Forums advice
>Shoot up a church

>Well gaymers, prepare them nooses

Consoles still exist.

>Consoles still exist.
So how do I go about making these nooses?

When they mine the last bitcoin, the great crash will occur