MBDTF

What's your favourite song(s) off of this masterpiece?

General opinions/discussion?

Personally I love this album to death, favourites include Lost In The World and Devil in a New Dress

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ofaRvNOV4SI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

runaway, POWER, basically all of them are outstanding

come on Sup Forums why do you love this album?

Devil in a new dress

See me now

Lost in the world, hell of a life or power
>that chorus in power
>that part in lost in the world where it goes "WHOLE...LIFE...CI...TY"
>that part in hell of a life where it's just that raindrop-like drum beat and Kanye murmuring to himself "uh"

Lost in the World + Who Will Survive in America

he peaked right there

Why do you like music?

They're all 10/10 songs, I seriously cannot see a fault in any of the songs.

Jay-Z's verse on Monster

haha very funny

its the worst verse on the album, but it's not terrible

Fuck you're right, still a great song though.

And fergie's verse on all of the lights
And rZa yelling on so appalled
And runaway going On for far too long

none of those are bad moments

hell of a life is boring to me, but it's a good album

Runaway is perfect.

it's the best song though, like the House like drum beat and that opening still gives me chills fuck i need to listen to it again

Blame Game

>You weren't perfect but you made life worth it

MBDTF > College Dropout > Yeezus > Late Registration > Graduation > 808s

It's my favorite Kanye, because Pitchfork gave it AotY in 2010 while not even mentioning Of Montreal's (far superior) False Priest even in their Top 50. As such, it let me realize that journalists are the most popularity/controversy-biased pieces of shit to walk the earth, and that knowledge has certainly helped me in life.

nice opinion

This album really isn't that great, but i like dark fantasy and lost in the world

Shit bait

lost in the world is kinda cringe but i like the beat. and dark fantasy is pretty dope, i wish the rest of the album sounded like it. Its not bait

This verse gets too much hate, only bad part is the bit where he lists monsters. The rest of the verse has great delivery and great lines like "I still hear fiends scream in my dreams", "murder murder in black convertibles, "all I see are these niggas I made millionaires, milling about, spilling their feelings in the air", "I smell a massacre, seems to be the only way to back you bastards up".
Only bad one here is Fergie the others are good points of the album

>We going to hell for heavens sake
>So Imma levitate, make the devil wait
This bit always gives chills

>Rza yelling
>bad
>ever

wew lad

Pleb who has clearly listened to it less than twice but is still projecting his opinion as fact detected
How on earth is that song cringe

>808s worst

Dark Fantasy
>when the beat drops then cuts out into kanye's first few bars, "mercy mercy me that murcielago"
Gorgeous
> Cudi's god-level hook and one of kanye's best verses ever
Power
>King crimson sample, feel like you could conquer anything, "Now this would be a beautiful death"
All of the Lights
>goosebumps when you go from the trumpets to the amazing beat as well as all the vocal layers. GOAT ghetto university line
Monster
>great Kanye verse, GOAT hook, jay verse thats really not that bad after the part where he lists off monsters, best verse of Nicki's career, and the Justin Vernon outro to top it off
So Appalled
>smooth as hell beat with good verses from everyone
Devil In a New Dress
>Best on the album. Amazing beat with Mike Dean guitar solo, then Rick Ross delivers the best verse of his career and possibly the best on the album.
Runaway
>career defining song, not much else needs to be said
Hell of a Life
>very underrated, great beat, raunchy, funny verses, great sampling
Blame Game
>the feels song, john legend is great, Kanye is meaningful, and chris rock delivers one of the most memorable parts of the album
Lost in the World
>perfect ending. Justin Vernon is amazing, get chills when kanye jumps in and starts singing

It is in no way bad, just his weakest for me, i know how influential it is tho

Yeezy thought me

Your tears fuel my life

Gorgeous and So Appallad are horribly boring, the rest of the album is good/great

objectively wrong

>you always said Yeezy I aint your right girl
>You probably find one of them "I like art type girls"

you dont listen to a lot of hip hop do you? I felt like those two tracks were easy to appreciate if you liked stuff like nas, jay elect, big L, Mobb deep etc.

Devil In A New Dress for sure, greatest ross verse of all time and that beat omg

you forgot
Who Will Survive in America
>the final crescendo ing refrain from gill scott as the tribal drums mount followed by the curt break pause and then modest clapping

I really feel like Grad is his weakest. You gotta look at 808s as a pop album ala prince, Micheal Jackson, Phil Collins, a lot of 80s vibes a lot of huey lewis and the news, a lot of patrick bateman, a lot of Tears for Fears.

You are correct, 808s is his 2nd best, grad worst, MBDTF best, and the rest are fairly equal

the last three minutes of runaway

i feel like i should give it another chance, haven't listened to it in years

It's much better when you're in a depressed mood

>it's a Sup Forums worships Kanye episode

sorry for discussing a musical artist on a music board

Sorry for hurting your feelings, nu-male.

Only nu-males hate Kanye from what I've seen

Yeezus isn't that good. Good shit on I Am A God, but a couple of the songs aren't great.

All of the songs are great apart from bound 2 and black skinhead but they're still good

runaway or monster

guilt trip tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=ofaRvNOV4SI

Why does reddit love him then?

what is this album?? is it the new Radio-Heads album??

Some of reddit likes him, he is disliked by the music portion of the site expect /r/hhh, and it's mostly teenagers in his demographic rather than nu-males

Devil in a new dress is the best one

Kanye always has long outros

Runaway will forever be his masterpiece.

Not even my personal favourite, but his undoubted magnum opus.

In all the right places

Along with POWER and DIAND my friend, they are the trio of GOAT songs (also not my favourites)

>no pablo
fuck you

why isn't anyone mentioning See Me Now?

this desu
especially
>Devil In a New Dress
>>Rick Ross delivers the best verse of his career and possibly the best on the album.

>thinking this
what the fuck is wrong with you
>not keeping it 300 like the romans
>not fucking kim hard on the sink

Love this. I personally hate the skit at the end though. I guess I get it for the shock, but that whole song I just love sonically and then they just go straight to talking about reupholstering pussy and shit in such a crude manner. I guess it's like "bleached asshole" from Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1. I've heard people love it or hate it, but it's not for me.

I don't know, I hate to put down Graduation because I love more songs from it than almost any other Yeezy album save MBDTF, but they're better as standalone pieces than a collection, whereas CD/LR/MBDTF/808s/TLOP form a much more coherent package. I absolutely adore Stronger, Flashing Lights, and Can't Tell Me Nothing, but they just don't mesh with the rest that well.

Let's be honest, Pablo is only really better than Yeezus.

Because it's a bonus track, and also the weakest track if you include it. Still good song though

I said they're still good but not up to the level of the rest, you literally picked the highlight of each song for me as well

> Doesn't like Yeezus
This is 2016 homie

Devil in a New Dress. I love the beat, the sample, the solo, and especially the overall feeling of melancholy the song evokes.

Same here Fampai.

Fuck it I'll say it.

Devil In a New Dress is the best beat of the decade thus far. It's that good.

LAAAAHV

The snare sample on Runaway's chorus.

why does everybody think this is kanye's best? late registration and yeezus both destroy everything this album tries to be

yes

no death grapes

Gorgeous is only musicaly (not memecaly) worthwhile track.

"Pretty good" production, shitty vocals, and it's essentially about being the black dude in a cuck relationship.

I don't get the hype.

What makes his verse the best? What's so good about it?

Shit yeah, stick Pablo in just after Yeezus

Fools have arrived, hooray. Btw none of the album is about that, therefore your terrible understanding of it lets everyone know your opinion is of no value.

your wrong

It is lyrically great with lots of double entendres and clever lines, as well as great delivery

MBDTF > Late Registration > College Dropout > Graduation > 808s > Yeezus
Yeezus is good but

Why is Yeezus so underrated? It's just as good as MBDTF.

frogot TLOP between College Dropout and Graduation

No its not. I just listened to both right now, and not only is MBDTF more consistent than it, but it also has more highs.

What this guy said but its also just the perfect person over the perfect instrumental. Ross sounds very lavish and luxurious so it matches the instrumental perfectly. Theres also some duality between Kanye and him, with Kanye rapping more about how he's putting in work in the relationship with a woman but he's having problems with her, then Ross comes in and immediately begins bragging about how beautiful his woman is and how wealthy he is.