Gemini PDA

2018 and still using a PDA without hardware keyboard. Plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
sparkfun.com/products/retired/13169
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the future.

here are your 3 (You)s
looks retarded

>PDA in 2018
PDAs are over, we have smartphones and UMPCs now.
Not even a (You).

Show me the smartphone that runs debian.

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

>600 USD
My smartphone serves me OK.

PDAs killed the idea of a UMPC as anything more than an expensive nerd toy decades ago

That is still funding.

portable electronics explode and cause cancer

Any smartphone with a unlocked bootloader, if you take your time and are not a total retard.
Also UMPCs.

Not even related things.

is this less than $150?
if not then it's dead in the water

>Not even related things.
Exactly, PDAs were actually suited to their form factor and not an awkward in-between trying to run an operating system built for a traditional desktop system with a 15+'' screen and real input on a 5'' touch-driven device.

UMPCs were fucking shit.

PDAs are what we call smartphones today. UMPCs existed on the side, still do.
What are you even trying to tell? UMPCs are shit? That's like, you're opinion.

>you're
>inb4 spergout

Why doesn't anyone make a universal sliding qwerty phone case?
I've only seen them for iphones.
They also run blutooth which I want a micro usb connector to prevent MITM attacks and recharging the battery.

REEEEE

>no trackpad/trackball/trackpoint
It's shit

I really hope the trackpoint meme dies. One of the most retarded input methods ever.
Oh buy do autistic kids love it though, specause "muh snowflake" and "muh I'm special" syndromes.

Why would you hope for a lack of choice? It's not like anyone's forcing you to use TrackPoints. Why do you care what others use?

Spotted the autistic kid.

Spewing shitty insults isn't getting you anywhere.

Do (you) get paid per (you)?

So make it yourself faggot, don't depend on others to make perfect toys just for you

THE BEST PART IS THAT IT HAS AN OFFICIAL BUILD OF SAILFISH OS AND IT CAN MAKE CALLS!!!

I'm so tempted to get one, but fuck spending more than $150 on mediatek garbage.

>arm

nope

What Mediatek chipset does it run on exactly? I wish we were able to port sailfish to some cheap devices, I'd literally buy one just to flash it on, but not for 599USD, especially since I'd look like an idiot trying to answer a call from this gemini thing in public

where is he supposed to go? go ban trackpoints? don't think that was his intention when he just said he hopes the meme dies because retarded children

I'm tempted, but I'd like to see how it is to touch type on one. Also, see how hard it is to install something nicer than sailfish :P

He was supposed to be a big boy accept the fact that some people like things he doesn't

>trackpoint
>x86

TrackPoint's in the wrong spot or I might have gotten one.

It could be ergonomic. Without a middle mouse button, you just don't use your thumbs.

>not UMPC
>arm
>No pointing device
Go away shill
Who said anything about smartphones
We're talking about umpcs

>Who said anything about smartphones
The guy he was replying to.

>no pointing device
It has a touchscreen.

I hope you get hit buy a bus you retarded double nigger
What other perci pointing device do you think would fit on a UMPC or whatever garbage OP is shilling
A touchpad?

>a touch screen is a precision pointing device
You need to be 18 to post here

If you didn't eat so many cheetos you wouldn't have any problems.

>no trackpoint
>no middle mouse button

If you didn't get dropped on the head this wouldn't be a problem
Try opening a website in desktop mode, turn it sideways, zoom out all the way and click on shit
>inb4 muh touchscreen os

>do retarded shit
>struggle because it's retarded
>project

>try to get retards to understand if you're running Linux and imagine to use any gui on a 6-7 inch screen it's gonna suck complete ass to press on 10 pixel wide text
>retard is retarded
Wish you weren't dropped on your head

>I've never used a Linux UMPC

You spend 10 minutes trying to take that shitty photo? You're really desperate for the approval of a stranger over the internet.

Nice trips..

Also, research in motion put a trackpad the size of a clit mouse on the BlackBerry like a decade ago. They're not using it for anything now so licensing the tech would probably cost pennies.

>projecting this hard
I don't shit post all day.
Also you're a retard who struggles to understand shit apparently
I thought it would help you understand why literally half the thread is saying >No trackpoint

Well I guess that could work
Or a blackberry style trackball

Damn. Now dubs. You go son.

But yeah, they licensed that out to HTC for the first two Android phones, even while they were still actively selling devices that used the trackball, so that could also work and can't be that expensive to license given how old it is.

I remember something like this
sparkfun.com/products/retired/13169
Wonder if blackberry had anything to say

>That's like, you're opinion.
Got your back.

Sailfish is the only European OS. All others are controlled by CIA

It is supposed to be X27 however due to a factory error the first batch of 1000 has X25

redmi note 4