Why aren't you using the evolution of the best distro ever?

why aren't you using the evolution of the best distro ever?

Because sane people aren't pretentious. They can install a distribution that they apparently need. They don't drink water downstream when every retard has pissed in it.

>openbox
>885 packages

>they advertise using pacman -Syu as a feature

an entire derivative distro built around a shitty dead window manager that will never work with wayland. wow

>implying any x wm will ever work with wayland

Because it is so unstable and badly made that your PC will literally become your hostname after a month of usage.

It is so Minimo that it comes, out of the box, more bloated than my Slackware machine that i have for every day usage and installed a bunch of garbage on

Also

>arch
>best distro ever
lol

>number of packages means anything
Fucking pretentious retards. You don't even use Linux distributions. You download one, run it in a virtual machine every fortnight jus to type "ls" and "screenfetch".
The number of packages means nothing if your computer, more specifically hard drive, is from this millennium.

I was going to suggest you just package everything in your system under 1 package or use sed to fake your epic screenfetch pictures, but you wouldn't know how to do that, because you're retarded idiots.

I have over 1k packages no de on a gentoo install since I actually use it. Low package count is for sysadmins and anime viewers

+1

bunsenlabs was the best distro ever but it has been ages since the last update
the "feature" in this case is putting aliases in bashrc/zshrc and pacli
example update is "pacman -Syu"
tell me at least a good reason besides muh dependencies
i'm genuinely curious

also who fucking cares about muh packet count other than turboautists? i need to get shit done, not just masturbate around .conf files

>your PC will literally become your hostname
what did he mean by this

>He cares about packages
It's about how much memory is in use.

You mean how much memory is NOT in use? Unused memory is wasted memory therefore whoever has the least free memory available wins

Who gives a shit about packages. RAM usage is where it's at, my man.

>Unused memory is wasted memory

Well if it's unused until I need to use it surely that's better than 69% of it being taken up with useless bloat, right?

>tfw install take as much ram with nothing but sshd and a database
T-thanks postgres

Jesus, another Arch for retards distro. When will you guys just use void. It's so good retards who finally followed a basic guide or one of the 600 YouTube tutorials to install Arch and are too stupid to learn something else are reduced to parroting the pony meme. At least be a typical Sup Forumstard who uses vanilla Arch.

>ubuntu
>that screen resolution
consider suicide, user

is it systemd free?

How is this different from normal arch?

Triggered by the idea that not all use a 4k monitor crammed into 15"?

normal arch doesn't install as much by default

pre-riced, light, easy to setup and spiritual successor to bunsenlabs aka chrunchbang

stop it grandpa

How does it handle dual booting with windows? How easy is it to set up multiple monitors? Is the Nvidia driver install any less aids than other distros?

I'm fine using Manjaro.
Thank you.

>How does it handle dual booting with windows? How easy is it to set up multiple monitors? Is the Nvidia driver install any less aids than other distros?
If you had ever used any distro before you'd probably know that it's basically the same procedure with the very same programs on any distro, except gentoo where you have to fiddle with the kernel for proprietary nvidia drivers

erases efi upon install, but you can install windows later
multiple monitors are not a problem, there's arandr built in
regarding nvidia drivers i don't know sorry

:v)
(not them btw)

>all these few minutes of uptime
>booting your vm just to pretend on Sup Forums

This desu ne. Used to do it with Gentoo to feel good about myself.

So wait, it installs over Windows? Or the bootloader? If the latter, can't you use partitions?

I mean the former. I know bootloader gets replaced by grub in any other situation.

Sup Forums is full of linux-wannabes, you're saying nothing new

Unused ram is wasted ram.
Unused/uneccessary running processes are where the bloat lies.

So you run your PC constantly at 100% load? Let me guess: your mommy pays the electrical bill, does she?

load != ram usage, tard

CPU load is related to running processes, not ram cache, you silly brainlet.

Arch is a great distro. Once you hit the ballpark with it becomes a practical, configurable and easy to use O.S. And if you are looking forward
to study and understand how shit gets done in a computer and OS, then it is a good start.
But the meme that comes with its "bleeding edge" philosophy is damn true: 3 out of 5 updates breaks your beautifully set O.S. and you are trapped in a timesink hole.
I use repos snapshots (and "update" against them) to work it through and
also got skilled at doing backups (tar, dd and some other tools). I would like to
try other options, but I'm a lazy ass
to learn new "how-to-do" skillsets for other distros. I have read that "Void" is some
sort of a less pain-in-ass Arch.

I think one of the selling points of void is that it doesn't use systemd. Personally I'll shill arch all day, but fully admit that I'm an autist who sits around tweaking config files for hours.

Arch has been a great learning experience for me.

>portuguese wallpaper
go shill your turd on reddit you fucking monkey