So yesterday someone managed to hack my paypal account and use my credit card to buy some shit from ebay...

So yesterday someone managed to hack my paypal account and use my credit card to buy some shit from ebay. The asshole spent more $3000.
I have already reported the unauthorized payments to paypal and cancelled my credit card.
So now I'm trying to figure out how the faggot was able to get into my paypal account so that I can prevent this from happening again. I have already changed most of my passwords and enabled two factor authentication on websites that offer the option. What else should I do?

I dunno lol

>What else should I do?
don't use paypal anymore?

try buying shit that tells you someone stole your identity, like life lock or some shit. You should probably try changing your social security number maybe on the safe side, if they are a hacker thats deep enough into you but then again it might just be some skiddy, that wanted some extra cash for some dumb shit, but the life lock shit definitely get

>hack
>login with the mail and password you use for every single website out there which unsurprisingly ended up in a password dump

also did you get your money back on that shit you didnt spend your money on? Make sure you get your shit back.

eBay should’ve called you if someone was spending that much money, as a verification. Sure they didn’t also hack your phone or SIM card?

>tfw I have a debit card attached to my paypal account and there's always only limited amount of money in that account incase something happens to the paypal account, the losses will be minimal.

I don't live in the US so I don't think this is going to be a problem. R-right?

Yeah I got most of it back. I also called my bank and they told me that if PayPal doesn't refund I can dispute the transactions from the bank's side and get my money back.

They didn't. Although PayPal did force me to change my password when I logged in to report the transactions because "they have noticed unusual activity".

I don't use the same password for everything though. The problem with PayPal is that they don't have two factor authentication which is a must feature for this type of website.

I'm closing my PayPal account once I get my refund.

>The problem with PayPal is that they don't have two factor authentication which is a must feature for this type of website.
No, the problem is that you're retarded.

>changing your social security number
You can do?

/thread

Did you call your bank or credit union? This is a good reason to have a credit union or community bank too, they really go all out for you when stuff like this happens.

Just don't abuse it...

A new pin for each login? Come on that's a huge pain in the ass.

That's the definition of two factor ID.

>2FA is a pain in the ass
>having your life savings and identity stolen is fine

This feature is only available in a few countries

haveibeenpwned.com
Sometimes websites have info breaches that can leak emails and passwords. People who buy lists like these try to get into various accounts by hoping people use the same password for everything.
My account was breached from Nexus Mods in 2015 but I only found out when someone was using my Crunchyroll account in January this year.
You don't have to fall for tricks for other people to steal your accounts.

Then get hacked again using another service.
Please, it's your sole fault.

Cool how do I unsubscribe from this blog?

Of course not, don't be retarded.

You deserve to have your identity stolen for being this retarded.