Are Chance and Kanye saving Christianity? Will the rap community bring our country back to God?

Are Chance and Kanye saving Christianity? Will the rap community bring our country back to God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXbBU1-GZfg
youtube.com/watch?v=NqCccV6Y31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well
they might make Gospel cool in mainstream and attract young people

so, maybe.

is it a good thing? i don't know. If they make choir music cool again i'll be glad

I for one am glad that they're popularizing traditional values, a lifestyle of praise and worship along with a strong adherence to the roles of the nuclear family. Basing one's identity in those things rather than an eternal quest for sex, drugs and status is a message that black youth need to hear, and one that's also entirely in step with traditional black identity and community.

I mean In the grand scale of things, God and music had been different sides of the same coin. We had a slight distraction from this dynamic, the last couple of decades, but it's good to be back on track.

Not with the devil's music they call rap they won't. It's more likely to bring the country to satan.

>religion

just ugh....

gospel rap is the new mumble rap

its very clear that the inner circle of hip hop is trying to push this christian/gospel theme and won't collab with niggers that wont play ball

>Don't you see you're not making Christianity any better? You're only making hip hop worse?

but crusades are alright tho ayyyyyyyyyyyy
deus vult

I actually feel more religious than before listening to the tape

Atheism is here to stay. I hardly see atheists converting.

That's just going backwards lol.

Top Kek

>Feat. Young Thug, Lil Wayne, Future, etc.

Associates of criminality, all of them. No truly devout man would take the money and record with men who glorify the sickness in his community.

I'd say after getting into music and like... psychedelics and ketamine for a bit; I'd say I'm now more open minded to spirituality. But straight up traditional Jesus and God worship won't catch on with me. The intercession of a church or even a formal religion is no longer necessary. Le drugs made me not worry about death anymore and I can get on with my life meme.

I feel like it's more of a revival of the Bible-based spirituality that Prince nailed down in the 80's
Belief in God, Jesus, Holy Spirit and then everything after that is spiritual fair game

>there are religious people on this board

Mark 2:17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

I'm not a drug head but I just think spirituality is bullshit. Not just because I'm an atheist or anything. I just don't see it as anything.

Sup Forums is a christian board

yeah with all dem dere rappers rapping about lean, guns, drugs, sex and violence

keck

chance featured 5% heathen jay electronica though and muslim t-pain

And yet he turned the moneylenders out of the temple, sickened by their hypocrisy in earning money in the house of the lord. Perhaps Chance the Rapper's work is more spiritually lacking than you think.

damn...

people shit talk the bible a lot but there's some good shit written in there honestly

Chance is unsigned and released his album for free?

He's making money somehow - association with drug dealers means he's mixing with blood money in creating this product. Your choirboy has blood on his hands, is no angel, is not a righteous man.

That's one of the best rebuttals I've ever heard in a long time

It's a personal thing really, out of body experiences, DPH hallucinations, and those things you meet when whacked out on shrooms can never satisfactorily be proven or communicated to other people. Though they all convinced me that this life isn't absolutely all there is to reality.
>Aware that this ^ is all DUDE DRUGS LMAO
I'm not out to evangelize or advocate anything just giving muh 2 cents.

his family is somewhat wealthy

>for free
It's on Apple music. He's making music from streaming.

The devil quotes scripture to serve his own purposes. Jesus didn't make a mixtape with Pontius Pilate - Pontius Pilate is burning in hell.

How dare he generate income from his songs, he should just starve to death ammiright?

See that's where I'm skeptical. I'm not going to shit post on you because I'm not a child. But I just think that's it man. Drugs. Back when you're in absolute reality it is a little mundane. And there's nothing wrong with that.

>And yet he turned the moneylenders out of the temple, sickened by their hypocrisy in earning money in the house of the lord.
I see your point, but I don't believe that Chance expressing his faith through music is necessarily equivalent to moneylenders within a holy temple. As another user pointed out, Chance remains unsigned, although he's unquestionably making money from this mixtape. But that begs the question, should any Christian artist be forbidden to seek to make a living from their art?

I'm not like full on Christian, but getting high and readings Psalms or even random verses here or there is usually a nice experience.

WE ON AN ULTRALIGHT BEAM
WE ON AN ULTRALIGHT BEAM
THIS IS A GOD DREAM
THIS IS EVERYTHING

I'M JUST HAVING FUN WITH IT
YOU KNOW THAT A NIGGA WAS LOST
UUUNNNHHH

You got destroyed my man, i don't know why you're so passionately against Chance

You do know he got those features to attract a bigger audience, and if you actually listen, i know it might be hard for you, but you'll actually know what those features are rapping about.

Rap is entering its post grunge phase and chance is to kanye what creed is to nirvana.
So its confirmed rap will die in the next 5 years when they run out of ideas

Associating with famous sinners to expand the reach of his product taints his message - those same criminals are given the opportunity to forge reputations as Christians - disgusting. Hell is large enough for all of them.

Hip Hop is at an experimental high right now. I don't see that changing for a while now.

This has to be bait, the last line gave it away

Hip hop is a pretentious circle jerk and everything that goes up must go down.
Its the law of gravity son.

Far from it, Hip-Hop is in its late 70s phase, where the mainstream is as experimental as it's ever been. It will be glorious when it fully enters its post-punk phase

I do think a fulfilling life is definitely possible without them, but they helped me get over my depression an nihilism which weren't helping with my real life. Now I don't see myself really seeking out those experiences anymore. Though if a buddy has some acid tabs I won't say no :P

muh old testament

His very associating with men like Lil Wayne and Future, who routinely glorify the "work" of gangsters and criminals, dilutes any possible positive message he might have made. By associating his fandom with theirs, he is condoning the slide of his community into irreversible degeneracy. A verse over a gospel choir won't unwrite Wayne verses ending with shoutouts to the gangsters in his neighborhood. Chance made a gospel record with men who perpetuate the hell on earth - by association, he's simply another tool of the devil.

No, ringtonerap was hair metal, kanye was grunge, chance the rapper is creed, deathgrips are radiohead.
In 2020 EDM will have fully taken over the youth while rap will be 50 years old

just because chance raps about god doesn't make him creed lmao
remember jesus walks? what does that make kanye

nirvana

youtube.com/watch?v=AXbBU1-GZfg

oh also odd future was blink 182 with all that fuck you mom and dad lets skateboard cowabunga crap

I don't believe in the christian/Jewish/exploder god but i do like a lot of christian art and music.

Bible is full of golden lines/verses and a lot of horrible stuff too

A lot like Coloring Book

>Rapping with someone
>equivalent to healing the sick metaphorically speaking

lol ok pal

But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Corinthians 5:11

this is a godtier bait

Sup Forumsssiah

tips

ayyyy

>Kanye
>a model of morality

In fact
>any popular black person
>a model of morality

Black culture is substandard compared to white or east Asian culture.

i'm not religious but i love jesus

>letter from Paul to a church
>equivalent to the word of Jesus

alright buddy

ur gonna have to bait harder than that buddy

Sup Forumsdslimes

Chance and Kanye are still sinners swimming in the devil cauldron.
If you want some true Christian rap stick with the good stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=NqCccV6Y31s

I love this thread

No, this is more of a side-step than the future of hip-hop. We might start to see more explicitly Christian rappers get popular but it won't make the listeners any more Christian.
Yeah I'm in your camp as well. I think drugs are a lot of fun and can even alter the thought patterns of the user enough to create a meaningful experience but at the end of the day the only effects they have are introducing foreign chemicals into your body that cause chemical reactions and cause shit to happen until those foreign chemicals get flushed out. From a scientific standpoint I think the effects are fascinating, but I don't think there's anything spiritual about them other than what the user already believes.
>accepted canonical work written by extremely important early Church figure
>not an important message

>i'm not religious but i love jesus

This!

No it's really not, you've been delving into the underground for too long and need to return to the surface. We are in it's hair metal phase about to enter into it's grunge phase

>>not an important message
No, just not an explicitly christlike one. Take a look at the people Jesus chose to associate himself with.

I believe Paul is advocating staying above the influence of sinners in your life, but you're correct that his language is pretty explicit, and I would need more context to say for sure.

No bait, I'm an avowed culturalist.

>white culture
Reverence towards nature, get by on moderate means without >muh jawdins and celebrity worship, gender equality first realized and developed in traditional white pagan culture before Jewish religious influence set us back centuries

>east Asian culture
Confucius influence of excellence and dedication, respect, but a strange obsession with tentacles and abnormal sexuality

>Black culture
Obsession with status, corruption ( see, Africa), violence for no reason other than fronting to your friends, ooga booga religion, and any national sentiment is co opted by jews or Muslims. Good food and creative culture though

There's no way you can say that black culture is on the same level as white or east Asian culture. If anything, they're below the Arab level, which is not an accomplishment considering the Arabs pedophilia and male centric way of living.

I'll bite and give you attention since you went through the trouble of memeing this thread up with a paragraph.

>get by on moderate means without >muh jawdins and celebrity worship

see any grocery store isle ever. tabloids. everywhere.

> but a strange obsession with tentacles and abnormal sexuality

probably would've thought you were semi serious had you not included this

>Obsession with status, corruption ( see, Africa)

see the whole fucking world lmao this is the biggest joke.

I won't genuinely debate this, I just wanted to point out some flaws in this dank copypasta

whites under the spell of jews are in self-destruct mode

> without celebrity worship

LOL

Ride from Death Grips promotes stoic caveman values and that's even more traditional so

>Tabloid covers
Jewish influence

>see the whole world
Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Canada, Norway all have working governments without the serial nepotism and corruption that blacks left alone experience in their countries. Blacks cannot govern, they only look out for themselves if they accept their own cultural traditions.

>but Obama
He's a black guy in a country founded in white traditions and went to law school, he's accepts white cultural influence.

>implying traditionalism aims to preserve these values purely because they're tradition and not because they're objectively better than the alternative

no one's a righteous man, completely

he's getting streaming $$$ and infinite promotion for his tours and guest verses.

maybe I'm stubborn for believing what I hear in songs and what I see on the internet but it looks to me like Chance and Kanye are both really good parents. I fuck with that.

you are completely missing the point...
he is reaching out to a much larger audience who might not other wise hear his gospel message, reaching out and preaching a message that can help kids who are inspired by your aforementioned "evil rappers". how else will this message reach them without it entering the fray?

>Jesus black life ain't matter
Like pottery.