Do drugs really make music better?

Do drugs really make music better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0l6NON8Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WE

you tell me bro

you're the one that's high

Better at doing what exactly? Last time I checked when I was high, the money story can not cash in my checks. So no being high does not make music better at being a bank.

If used sparingly, yeah. NOTM is one of my favorite albums in recent years, and after hearing it on LSD, it's even better (but I get anxious a little more now so I don't think it was a great trade-off necessarily)

For me, weed has a tendency to make things way better or way worse.

yes fuvk yes

Hell yes it does I am high right now listening to pic related. You have a much more intimate connection to music when under most drugs and you can engage more with it mentally since your stream of consciousness becomes altered. Also, you can hear the various components and instruments much better.

it's a unique experience that's worth trying once

>Weed
Think about weird shit while coincidentally listening to music.

>Alcohol
Talk about boring shit while coincidentally listening to music.

>Psychedelics
Consider the following following following following following . . . while coincidentally listening to music.

>Sober
Listen to music attentively if it's good.

>Weed. Think about weird shit while coincidentally listening to music.
You are not listening to music then, learn to feel the music, senpai.
In my case, OP, good music sounds fantastic an bad music sounds terrible. Another thing is that I've found sounds in every album I've heard high that I haven't heard before, and that knowledge and feeling stays with you forever even if you are not high when listening again.
Try it yourself, senpai, if you don't how are you going to know that you like it or not?

Drugs make YOU feel better.

Thus, everything you do feels more entertaining, with most drugs at least.

Once you become addicted, you need the drug to feel "normal"/good, otherwise you won't enjoy anything because you're anxious as fuck and can't concentrate on anything.

Essentially, drugs don't make a specific thing better, they just put you in a better mood, making you more likely to enjoy something.

>listening to pic related.
sorry about that user, stay strong

this

sometimes

the only time weed made music exponetionally better was when I was listening to autechre and I could detail every little sound and transitions on exai. the album was already good but it was almost scary as fuck how it made me feel (and I was walking near a highway late at night) very surreal shit

Makes you paranoid to sounds.

>addicted

In my experience, if I am listening to music that I know very well, weed enhances my experience by a fair amount and I will get lost in the music much more easily. If the music is good and have not heard it before then I will probably be more able to recognize patterns and enjoy the music more as well. I've never listened to bad music while high but I'm guessing I wouldn't like it just like when I'm sober.

Weed increases your attention so you tend to hear stuff you didn't hear before but on the other hand it fucks up your short term memory so you will barely remember the album you listened if it was your first time listening

I don't know about the other drugs

Drugs make everything worst.

holy shit that was so unfunny i can't believe it

weed makes music better

alcohol makes music worse

if you rely on drugs to get the full satisfaction out of music though, you are an ultrapleb,

Depends what drugs. I've never found that it makes bad music good, it can just make music you already enjoy better. Acid makes me hear and notice stuff I wouldn't in a sober state.

As says though you shouldn't rely on getting high to enjoy music

Yes, that's what physical dependency on a drug is called. Well done for highlighting it.

What's that album on the bottom right?
>highlighting

All them Witches - Lightning at the Door

It's more like music makes drugs better.

Drugs make you think you understand music better but you could never define any of those details it purportedly makes you aware of. You just think you UNDERSTAND IT ALL.

Weed makes music boring, or it can make you notice details more, depending on your mood.

Psychedelics make you feel like you are the music.

Dissociatives make you feel like nothing exists except you and the music.

this very much

or if you're being even more pessimistic you could just say "drugs are better than music"

I'll be here all night

MDMA/MDA can make music sound great too, but that might just be because you're incredibly happy

thanks

Who told you alcohol makes music worse???

Also MDMA is amazing if you want to enhance any listening experience

personal experience

music just sounds worse when i'm drunk

Really? Weed is one of the most mellow drugs there is. Psychedelics are far more of a "this could go really well or really badly" type of thing from my experience

Without any reference frame regarding what you think "good" is, this is kind of a pointless question.

Checked

yeah well you're satan
Listening through it again now, really like that album. Feel like psychadelic/stoner rock is making a pretty strong return recently

Psychedelics are about what state of mind you are in. If, subconsciously, there is something bothering you, it will come out during your trip.

Weed just makes me really paranoid and I end up overthinking everything. I hate that shit so much, and it used to be really fun.

That's normal the same thing used to happen to me. My solution: make time out of the day when nobody can bother you, turn off your phone and clean all your house so you don't feel dirty. Get a jug of water ready so you don't get too thirsty.

alcohol does make most music I listen to sound worse

but basically if you listen to something high-energy that becomes more fun than usual

Guys, drugs are subjective to the person using them so obviously there wont be any concrete answers itt. But, to answer your question OP. There are many substances that can enhance and/or distort sounds, so yes some drugs can make music sound "different" or more enjoyable to the listener. Especially songs you already like.

You can absolutely define those details, it's just that the vast majority of rock/electronic listeners don't care to quantify those details in the first place, sober or otherwise.

This makes a lot of sense

I took acid like 5 times as a way of getting over my girlfriend leaving me and I essentially only had bad trips

I just get too much "in my head" you know? I usually smoke with friends and then zone out completely. Which is odd because back when I was having a lot of fun I was in a much worse place mentally.

yeah most music just gets worse for me, but stupid shit like this gets like 100x better

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0l6NON8Ig

I listened to that Album on Acid andShrooms It was a real experience on Acid i felt every single note that was played. On Shrooms the groove was more importent to me.

music stays the same but drugs make you feel better.
I've done a lot of drugs but the best experiences I've had listening to and making music have been sober

I can't go to a club/rave/festival anymore without doing drugs, it makes it so much better

Wow dude that was an awful fucking idea. Did none of your friends tell you this?

I saw Beach House and I was high as a kite. Everything lasted so long but at the same time it felt never ending. Shit I felt like I was in slow fucking motion.

Music and weed makes every 5 minute song feel like 20

my friends know nothing about drugs really, lol

>needing anything besides the music to enjoy music
Focus on the music you fucking casuals

Hallucinogens or molly make music fucking amazing. It's science

He didn't imply it was needed, he asked if it made music better. Which it does. Most drugs make music way more awesome. Different music for each drug really.

ED

>yea bro sorry u have different tastes xDDD
Dude, get over yourself..

This is exactly the right answer.

Where the fuck do you people come from? Explain to me how drinking and listening to your favourite records is not the only source of joy in your life.

I read that as 5 times a day and I was gonna call you out on your steaming pile of bullshit.

Never mind I guess.

>Mdma + shrooms + nitrous
Want to dance like a fucking mad man.

I don't know about non-dance music and drugs but drugs with dance music is yes

Take it back to resdit