Wow this is terrible. why is it getting so much praise?

wow this is terrible. why is it getting so much praise?

i don't know trying to figure it out will be with you in a mo

Dunno. Pretty mediocre and boring tbqh

i thought it was pretty bad at the beginning but it grew on me in a huge way. Blessings and Summer Friends really became so good after repeated listens

Politics

have you considered its a good album and you're just like...mentally retarded in some way?

Nah man it is bad

Someone needs to look in the mirror

The P4k score was waaaaaay too fucking high from someone who thoroughly enjoyed it and isn't a Sup Forums drone

Haven't listened to whole album yet, never listened to much chance and this is getting extremely mixed reviews. Dunno how I feel about the jazziness of it...

Same Drugs and Angels are top tier, and I really like the intro despite the mixing issues and the initially jarring Kanye entrance

everything else ranges from mediocre to bad, so much wasted potential

Listened to like half of it once. Thought it was boring. Shame since I loved Acid Rap. This new one has none of that energy.

this, sadly
:(

I'm on the fence personally, This may seem odd but I'm black and grew up somewhat in the church and listening to hip hop. Having this background I can see how people who don't may not "get it" and see it as overly gospely. You have to remember though that the church is a central part of life in the African American community so it's going to come out in the music. Many artists got their start in the choir--Andre 3k, Fetty Wap, Whitney Houston etc.

Now even as someone who does "get it" the album was odd to me. It seemed to lack personality despite the lyrics being full of personality. The record seemed more like a Surf 2 than a Chance 3. Not bad, but just kind of all over the place.

All that being said, I'll probably be listening to this for a good part of 2016.

i liked acid rap alot
hated chance 3

Weird, I just started listening to this and I really dig it.
Chance's bars are great, the hooks are awesome, and all the guest features are well used.

jagsguy.gif

do you mean anohni

It's pretty great, definitely one of my fav projects this year so far

BIG

Reddit

>repeated listens
would not recommend. you shouldn't condition yourself to truly awful music. Chance's hat says 3 for a reason: Drake=1 God=2

could say the same about this new radiohead release. p4k way overrated this shit.

>initially jarring Kanye entrance
>what's up my needledrops