>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old one:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ruazlhiq
gretschguitars.com/features/celebrating-freds-50th/
youtube.com/watch?v=wMG2b--5HUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I always thought I preferred maple until I got my 72 reissue tele

I think it just depends on the guitar and how fast the neck is

They're absolutely not the same budget, of course it's going to be better.

It's more about the guitar's color than the guitar itself.

if you want a better reverb for the same money go with the HoF

I like maple because rosewood can look cheap.
That said, I like whatever fits the colour scheme best. I can't imagine playing a blonde tele with a rosewood fretboard, and I love black strats with maples, but whatever-burst fenders go better with rosewood.

whats a good guitar to play the majority of the music genres? In especial metal
I love the flying V dean or jackson but they seem metal-esque

strat/tele

just make sure the tele has a humbucker at the neck and you are golden for pretty much anything

Not him but imo the HoF is kinda lame.
I mean it's an ok verb, but it's a one trick pony, also the max limit is too tame I feel.

I think it's pretty cool to play genres that don't fit the guitar. I'd play a V in every genre only because I love their looks.
That said, LPs, SGs, Strats, and their copies/variations fit basically all styles.

>just make sure the tele has a humbucker at the neck
Fucking disgusting, that's no longer a tele.

>metal on neck pickup
Nice me.me

tele sound = single coil bridge pickup w/ an ashtray bridge (bonus points for 3 saddles)

>tele

I love those for a long time but heard they were shit for some reason

yeah but what about the sound?
I've checked dean V peace sells mustaine version and somethings whispering me to get it

i'll probably end up with a SG though

Doesn't cheaper rosewood also tend to be inconsistant in shade by the way ?

>Fucking disgusting, that's no longer a tele.
muh traditionalism
muh limitations
There's nothing wrong with slightly changing something in a guitar to fit your style.

You can, but that requires being able to dial in a tone. Tough task !

I doubt the bridge changes much beside how annoying it is to set the intonation.

Don't get a dean. Just don't.

whats wrong with deans?

I see guitar reviews on youtube and it seems jackson fell in quality but dean is now good

Ugly, and not particularily good.

Cadillac looks okay imo, except for that fucking headstock

But the legato super sweet glassy sound of the single neck pup is also part of it. I can't imagine a tele solo without it.

Sound... well, depends on your budget.
Cheapo guitars tend to be overwound so they are high output and kinda trebly.
Nothing turning the volume down a bit can't solve though.
Also, most tone problems can be solved with a graphic eq if you aren't a purist, or a clean boost pedal for low output pups.
Most guitars sold these days will have pups that fit most styles in the end, just adapt your playing and controls.
I agree, don't buy Dean, fucking shit quality right now unless you splurge for an USA made.
Jackson is alright right now although I don't like their Dinky model because of shit body, all the rest are fine. The explorer looking one is neck heavy though, beware. Also, I'd avoid their floating trem versions, it's a cheapo floyd and sucks, plus not low profile so it gets in the way all the time.

>Doesn't cheaper rosewood also tend to be inconsistant in shade by the way?
Yeah, depends if they bake it, how it's cured, oils, etc. Cheap guitars end up with super dark rosewood to avoid it.
>There's nothing wrong with slightly changing something in a guitar to fit your style.
Nothing wrong, I used to have an HB only tele, but my point is that it's no longer a tele sound, just a guitar with the looks of a tele, maybe the neck feel too.

I'm going to a concert tomorrow, the guitarist is awesome and has a peculiar technique. It's the first time I go see a virtuoso since I started playing guitar myself, what should I pay attention to? Like, how can I learn from his live playing?

Page? or do you have from other Brands? would be nice for recording and shit since I only use an EQ and DI.

Just enjoy the music I'd say.
You can find about his technique around the net if he's a little bit known at least.

A Les Paul can handle everything from the softest, most flaccid pop to the rawest worst sounding most suicidal black metal. Greco's early 80s LPs are fantastic. They don't have Gibson's resale value, so you get a high-end instrument for a relatively low price.

How is it "optimally" flat if its got a big scoop in the mids? That chart makes no fucking sense.

Ampeg SVT frequency response graph. Note, the ultra low switch is disengaged. The ultra low "+" switch is a mid scoop. Pay attention to the frequency, the graph visually may not line up with what you think of as low-mid-high. This is a direct sample. If I can find a graph of the fridge I will post it.

You can make a les paul work in any genre, but the same can be said of any guitar. The les paul scores some versatility points for being really inoffensive. It's versatile in the same way a p-bass is. A tone you're stuck with that's expected and generic enough to be used anywhere.

The optimally flat graph refers to the flattest possible result using the tone controls, not an example of a flat response in general. The SVT tone controls interact a lot, so apparently that's the best you can do.

Here is a graph of a sealed ampeg 8x10. Note the scale.

Great thread so far guys, keep it up.

>used anywhere
>generic
you should probably stop contradicting yourself

It's happening. My bassist's marriage is falling apart.

Sorry for blogging.

Anyone use a Big Muff clone on their board?

How does it affect you? a female?

Meh. That's what marriages do. The only people who stay married are the ones without any other options on the table.

She's my ex and over the last year it has become clear that we were supposed to be together.

>She's my ex and over the last year it has become clear that we were supposed to be together.
Is it the first time you would be getting back? Or have you broken up more than once?

We were friends for a long time and finally started dating when I broke up with my other ex. I broke up with bassist to get back with her and its one of the biggest regrets of my life.

What I'm trying to say here is that there ARE generic sounds that can be used in a lot of different genres. For example, a kick drum.

I guess it's obvious that some sounds can be used in more situations than others. For example, you can use an acoustic guitar in more genres than an electric guitar through a maxed out distorted amp with a fuzz pedal.

In fact, you might say that a more generic tone is generic because it is useful, and so used often. Generic doesn't necessarily mean a guitar isn't versatile, for example it could have two very different but both very common tones. In the case of the les paul I look at it this way: it doesn't have very many tones, but the ones it has are very useful.

tl;dr generic isn't always bad; it's usually good.

If it happens, then you are very lucky mate.
Hope that it works out for you.

I got back with my ex once, it was never the same but we had some trust issues. I still miss her and maybe still love her. So I just don't now... But I'm 100% certain she already forgot about me and doesn't gives a fuck. Haven't seen her or talked to her in year and a half.

Everyone shut up

Thanks.

I introduced her to her husband, a childhood friend of mine, so it's going to be... complicated.

You might want to monitor Jerry springer.

I think the term you're looking for is jack of trades, master of none

Its his friend's wife's boyfriend's daughter

>jack of trades, master of none
That would be a PRS though.

>It's more about the guitar's color than the guitar itself.

basically

Generally I think rosewood feels better, usually looks better. Sometimes maple looks better though, usually on teles or all black body/pickguards.

Theres this kind of in the back of the head intuition that maple sounds brighter, but I think thats really chalked up to maple fretboards being highly associated with telecasters, which are very bright, the actual shade of maple versus rosewood- its lighter in color so its brighter! its darker in color so its darker in tone! You see this with exotics, people saying that ebony is a 'dark' sounding fretboard. I think its just screwy cognition of association.

When I think about it, I kind of suspect that maple might actually be a tiny bit darker sounding because maple fretboards are coated in things like lacquer or polyurethane, which is much softer than bare wood. That kind of soft material might dampen treble a bit.

Now that I'm thinking further, theres probably no difference, as the string goes from the fret to the bridge, whats beyond the fret should make no difference at all as the sound of the string is occurring from the high point of the fret to the initial contact point on the bridge.

Guys. My autism is growing

clyp.it/ruazlhiq

I don't think that accurately describes a les paul or a PRS. Both guitars have things that they excel in. I don't think it really makes sense for many guitars at all to be "master of none." There's a good application for any sound in the infinite scope of music. Even if you look at fairly normal stuff I think a les paul really is perfect for some things, as is PRS. I think it's just a common way of detracting from these guitars because as a common adage it sounds true. The expression kind of implies "if something is the jack of all trades, then it is the master of none," but really it's just a fucking expression that sounds nice.

Now you've got it. One thing I will say is it's rare if not impossible to have an unfinished/oiled neck with a maple fretboard.

>PRS
>Les Paul ass
>Strat up top
>Ampeg Dan Armstrong headstock
>Strat trem jammed up against a humbucker
>so it does halfassed Les Paul tones
>coil splits so it does halfassed single coil sounds
>single tone and vol knobs so you can't blend any pickup combination to satisfaction
PRS is just garbage on every level, mate. Every player I've ever seen pick one up the proceeded to put it back down after just a little while in favor of a an actual Fender or Gibson because they do the job a PRS just alludes to tonally.

Is there any way to get a fretless guitar with a metal fretboard without selling your organs on the black market and buying a Vigier surfreter ? They seem amazing but they're completely beyond my budget.

Reposting from last thread

Just picked this up yesterday. I've been wanting a decent knock around for a while and it was on sale.

Guitars
>Fender 72 thinline reissue
>Yamaha FG720S-12
>Yamaha FX-335
>Silvertone PD2
>Epiphone Hummingbird Pro
>Fender Mexican Stratocaster with a set of lace sensors

Amps
>Marshall JCM-800 combo
>fender frontman 212R

How long?
>22 years

Fav guitars?
>Gibson ES-335
>Gibson J-200
>Telecasters of all kinds (except squier, fuck squier)
>Martin D28

Fav guitarists?
>Eric Clapton
>Chet Atkins
>Jerry Reed
>Steve Vai
>Alex Lifeson

Projects?
>none right now, life is busy.

There's hundreds of HH guitars that don't sound like les pauls people are willing to play. People wanting the tone of a les paul, or a guitar that covers the same ground, will be disappointed when playing a PRS.

The think with classic guitars having the best tone despite being fender's and gibson's first guess at what might sound good is that they've been used on so many recordings that they're closely associated with lots of great music, even entire genres. What's more, tons of amps were built with them specifically in mind. It's harder to use guitars that don't stick to classic configurations because of that. But just like a PRS can't get a les paul tone, a gibson can't get PRS tone. It takes a good ear and time to do anything that isn't just "plug classic guitar into classic amp and turn gain to desired level of dirt."

That's why I don't fault people for using classic gear. But it does kinda bother me when new designs are considered worse just because they don't sound as good plugged into a deluxe reverb or a JCM800. Hell, most people don't even get around to trying to play it differently or change their EQ before they dismiss them.

build it

>It's harder to use guitars that don't stick to classic configurations
>It takes a good ear and time to do anything that isn't just "plug classic guitar into classic amp and turn gain to desired level of dirt."
>Hell, most people don't even get around to trying to play it differently or change their EQ before they dismiss them.
In other words you have to waste time dialing in a PRS just to get a sound a Fender or Gibson has just by plugging them in. That's exactly why they're shit guitars.

How would you go replacing the wood fretboard by a metal one though ? I don't even know where I would get a sheet of metal that fits on a guitar.
I don't think you'd get the same tone out of a wooden fretboard either.

is this your biography

It definitely doesn't describe a P bass. It sounds generic because it's fuckin' rad.

Nice meme response. FYI new designs are considered worse for exactly the reasons you mentioned, even your own argument would label PRS guitars shitty by design.

Guitars
>Dakota Red Fender Telecaster (American Partscaster)
>1964 Fender Musicmaster II

Amps
>1964 Fender Bandmaster w/ Peavey Valveking 4x12
Trying to replace my cab with a Celestion 2x12

How long?
>12 years

Fav guitars?
>most Fenders except Jags and JMs
>mahogany Martins
>Danelectro and Fender electric 12s
>Ric 620
>Goldtop LP w/ Bigsby gives me a boner even though I don't like Gibson or Bigsby. So I'd never buy one but still
>PRS Satin S2 is one of the sexist things I've ever felt but I'd never say that out loud.

Fav guitarists?
>J Mascis
>Johnny Marr
>John Frusciante
>Billy Corgan
>Django Reinhardt
>Robert Johnson
>Randy Rhodes
>Merle Travis
>Mark Knopfler
>Doug Martsch
>Lee Ranaldo

Projects?
>in a surfy-gazy-postrockish-doomy pop band

Quick, someone write out a random tab for a tab challenge. Preferably something that could be metal

pulled this out of my folder, didn't write it.

The metal fingerboard wouldn't get eaten up by round wounds, though. Trade off is that it'd be way hard to build, since you'd have to radius it and shit. You might be better off just taking the frets out and coating the fingerboard in epoxy.

and it's pretty fucking cheesy but you said quick!

>Satin S2

How is the build quality and fretwork of the S2? I expect it to be the same as the core line, just without the fancy stuff.

The one I played, pic related, was absolutely beautiful. The satin neck felt like some of the nicest acoustics I've played. I didn't plug it in.
And look, no bird inlays.

If I love my tele but want to upgrade my guitar, and have trouble jiving with non-teles, is it more logical for me to try and open up to another body style or to just get a more advanced telecaster?

On it

Although I'm going to rearrange the arpeggios into an easier shape because I suck ass at sweeping properly

>more advanced telecaster
imo this doesn't make sense. a Tele is supposed to be a simple bare-bones workhorse, not "upgraded" with a bunch of custom bells and whistles. Unless you have a Squier, then I'd say definitely upgrade to a Fender. A Tele that stays in tune and sounds/plays like a Tele doesn't ever need upgrades.

No, I'm saying they take more effort to find a good tone, but that tone is different from classic guitars and does some things better.

go to a guitar store and try a fancier telecaster, as well as guitars shaped like something other than country twang.

>and does some things better
Like what? Waste your time while you try to dial in a good sound?

Thoughts?

>tfw thought I was pretty good on bass
>can't even play Blackened by Metallica
I can fret the notes fast enough just fine, it's just all the open string muting and my plucking fingers being idiots.

How do I into muting with my plucking fingers?

Didn't Metallica themselves have a problem finding a professional bass player to replace Newsted a few years ago? I'm pretty sure there are YouTube videos of a number of tryouts flubbing pretty hard.

>PRS Satin S2 is one of the sexist things I've ever felt
Does it encourage patriarchy? Did you feel it vulnerated your rights?

why is this autism

its pretty good

Just add pickups to the guitar you already have. It can be great with the right options.

When you pluck with one finger, your other finger should move simultaneously so that you can pluck with it. Just rest the finger on the string instead of plucking. Put your metronome on hella slow and practice alternating the fingers, and practice muting with both fingers.

Unless you're talking about the palm mute sound.

My most recent guitar.

gretschguitars.com/features/celebrating-freds-50th/

post a picture next time.

You do realize Blackened was played with a pick right.

hell yeah! dadrock on bro!

Why did you delete your post? Did you realize it was mean?
> Gretsch G6118 Anniversary
Noice. Be the blooze lawyer user, fuck these plebs.
> $1899
Shiiet, stil it's nice and it must sound/play like a dream.

yes I'm sorry.

Nah, not the palm mute sound, more like when you have to play 2 open strings after another (like, say, the A followed by the E), I just can't seem to mute the first note fast enough to play the second and without it sounding muddy and awful. Of course this only applies to really high-tempo songs like Blackened, I can usually mute pretty well.

I'll try your advice though, thanks user

I'm a faggot who doesn't like using picks. Though truth be told, I just suck with them.

here

This is my first electric so I am still getting used to it compared to my resonator but definitely going the way of the slide player/blooze lawyer

> Signature in pickguard
Damn, so you have the one of a kind? Did you win it or bought it from the winner?
Congratulations.
It's ok, I'll keep it a secret.

>struggling with fingerstyle on a song that heavily requires a strong plectrum technique

Gee I wonder why you're having trouble?

I won it. I entered the contest for shits and giggles and still have a hard time believing I won. Way too poor to have paid for it.

Jealous man. I've always wanted a gretsch.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMG2b--5HUQ
You can clearly see Trujilo playing it with his fingers here. Then again though, he's on an entirely different skill level

>*teleports behind you*
the better question is why you even want to play edgemaster Hot Topic™ music

>when you drop your plectrum in your guitar

>more advanced telecaster

they're called starts, mango

*strats

kek

>heh..nothing personnel...kid
Because it's catchy, challenging and is forcing me to learn useful techniques? I'll agree that Blackened is probably the most needlessly edgy song they've ever made though.

Just installed these.

Did I do good /gg/?

I don't imagine they would have had a hard time finding someone who could play their stuff. Anyone good enough to play professionally should be able to handle 'tallica. Maybe it was the image and performance flare they're after?