Boss puts me in a new project

>boss puts me in a new project
>they use Visual Studio and C#
>open it
>see this
>tfw the botnet wants me to get fired

>[email protected]

It's nothing. Microsoft will see your code, but it's really your company code. Nothing what you are doing here have to spy on you. Maybe unless your work station has camera, then put a tape on it.

>enter the account provided by your employer

Create work account, or maybe try vscode?

>Visual Studio in 2017
Just use Rider instead

It's very unlikely that you can only work at that project with Visual Studio. Can't you just use MSBuild, Nupkg or whatever from the command line?

Literally nothing forces you to ever sign into Visual Studio unless you’re using enterprise in which case they’ve most likely already provided you with a work account.

>lying

shame

You need an account to use the free version, probably that, but, fuck who doesn't have thrownaway accounts for most services out there?

Serious post here.
I have been poking around in C# for like 2 years now
and must admit I legitimately enjoy it. Always used Visual Studio (firstly 2015, now 2017) Community.
I have published some niche Android apps for some experience and believe me - Java is horrible
(when it comes to DroidDev just use Kotlin, it's a lovely language).
But creating my C# programs have always been fun and Visual Studio only caused issues a few times in my 'career'.
Also, can recommend ReSharper if you can get your hands on it (I got it for free in a edu package from my school).
That tool is just so helpful! Visual Studio is not perfect, but it is really good. I like the git integration, too.

Create an account using your work email. This isn't fucking rocket science.

resharper is a meme in solutions with more than 3 projects. utter resource hog. 2017 with roslynator should be good enough, mate.

although the fact that vscode has codelens, but with vs2017 you must have license >=pro is an absolute jewery.

Could be true. It does slow the startup time, too. My solutions weren't that big, even when I had more than 3 projects only 2 of them were usually big.

Your post was relevant before 2015. Visual Studio (and .NET development in general) is garbage now though.

>not compiling your code on the cloud
lolz

wrong

>being a freetard
>doing actual work
Choose one and only one.

>falling for the paid visual studio jew meme

But you don't need an account to use the paid version? How does that work?

You don't need an account btw. But for OP you can write C# without visual studio, because your cs files are fucking plaintext.

Yeah rider is the telemetry free visual studio and destroys it

>telemetry free
LOL

I was a die hard windows hater, had to do some C#.
Had to admit, it's a damn good IDE.