Who else shieldtv master race?

Who else shieldtv master race?

This thing kicks ass

90% of native games are aids and the remote struggles to wake from sleep but otherwise it's good

I got a GPD Win, instead.

I want to get one of these, but why can't they just make a fucking real remote? I'm not interest in playing the games or streaming to twitch or any of that faggy numale shit. Just give me a remote with a ff/rew, pause/play, back button and home button.

I assume it has Bluetooth so you can just get a Bluetooth remote or one of those wireless remotes that use a little usb dongle

it has bluetooth and hdmicec, I use my tv remote that came with my x900e

I agree, the 1st party remote is shit. Apparently you can get third party remotes that work better

The 3rd party remotes are shit as well. I have on for my cheap Android tv box and the control buttons are at the top of the remove for some reason. And it can't control tv/receiver volume.

Same goes for Chromecast. Why doesn't Google just make separate remote to buy? Who wants to use their phone as a remote?

>watching tv

Chromecast supports HDMI CEC so you can use your TV remote to pause and resume playback. You only need the phone to start the content which is infinitely faster than scrolling through a horrible leanback interface with a TV remote.

Absolute shit upscaler.

>using a remote and a phone to watch tv
Fucking millennial fags

Whats the point of these 4K streaming boxes when basically every 4K TV worth buying has streaming apps built in?

To play vidya

Basically all the nvidia games are really good, borderlands 2n tomb raider, half life etc. Some decent android ones too like bombsquad and trine 2. Plus gamecube and n64 emulation.

I have a nexus player that works fine. What would I need a $200 android box for?

I can do that on my PC...

If you have a collection of 4K videos, in a format that a 1080p TV wouldn't support like H265 and you attached such a device to it, would the device be able to transfer the video to the TV in a usable format for the TV?

I can't think of what I'd use it for beyond HDR YouTube

Do you get up and turn the dial?

No, because if you're using the box to play it, the TV isn't going to be playing it.