Eyeballs

What do you do to reduce eyestrain/protect your eyeballs?
Reduce brightness?
Look away from screen for a few seconds every once in a while?
use a particular type of screen?
use red-tinting software 24/7?
Share your tips!

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jonls/redshift
youtube.com/watch?v=gV3fcWF88qI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

use dark theme on everything

I use redshift. It's actually harder on your eyes, but at I'm actually tired at bedtime.

>It's actually harder on your eyes
source?

Amazon redshift?

>dark themes
>yellow light filters
>IPS monitors
>appropriate brightness levels for your surroundings
>wear prescription glasses if you need them
>actually looking away from the screen every 20 minutes

I stretch my eyes every once in a while.
up - down, left - right. you can feel the stretch

Never had any eye issues
Does this only affect soyboys?

>>It's actually harder on your eyes
>source?
My fucking eyeballs.

Are you pretending to be retarded?
github.com/jonls/redshift

>I stretch my eyes every once in a while.

I sometimes wear a prescription that has a 50% yellow tint. These glasses are great for night, and inclement weather driving as they increase contrast. They also reduce eye strain my filtering out blue light. They do make everything look yellow, but you get used to it in like an hour.

>What do you do to reduce eyestrain/protect your eyeballs?
nothing. hopefully by the time it really matters, scientists will get their heads out of their asses and get some cool cybernetics working

So by yellow light and tinting, you mean stuff like f.lux, redshift, etc?

ambient lighting, white letters on dark background

Would matte screens help? I know my glossy screen reflections really bug me sometimes, but idk if it really means anything one way or the other when it comes to eye health

>tfw started seeing floaters for the first time this year
It's apparently a very common thing but it still freaks me out a bit

I do 2 things:
1) dark themes everywhere, and
2) my normal, all the time glasses have a very slight (10%) amber tint that helps immensely, I'm looking at screens pretty much constantly for 12-16h a day every day and no longer have any eye fatigue.

Yeah. Windows 10 even has it built in, though I still prefer how f.lux gradually yellows over the course of an hour

Not really unless you deal with a lot of glare

Would it be best to run this sort of thing all the time, or only at night? I currently only run mine at night

f.lux in darkroom mode

>use red-tinting software 24/7?
yes 2k and 3k
100% brightness
turn on a light in ur room at night

f.lux + IntelPWMControl

I use one eye, then switch to the other.

It's usually not an issue for me, but when I have a bad headache my screen makes it worse. Then I reduce the brightness to around 40-60% and it's fine.

eyeballz are technology

Guzzle liquid lutein every 2 hours.

>turn in a light
y?

If people were smart enough to use Linux then they could use a dark theme in MATE and have all program UI's in a dark theme

Staring into a bright light in a dark room strains the eyes. Staring into the same brightness in a lit room is much less straining.

They're normal to an extent. If you see them so much that it bothers you, you might be better off visiting a doctor.

F.lux and never rocking more than 20% screen brightness and contrast, but you can only reduce eye strain for so long since you're only extending the time it takes before your eyes get damaged rather than minimising risk of it happening at all unless you keep away from screens whenever possible.

Honestly felt like scooping my eyeball out, they've been mad itchy ever since last night and been vigorously rubbing them all day. Although, none of these eye problems really matter in the long term if you plan on getting bionic lens within the next decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=gV3fcWF88qI

I dont think i get eyestrain desu and i'm on my pc atleast 10 hours a day, I use flux to be able to actually sleep though. I do get a thing occasionally when my eyes start like spazzing out in long gaymen seesions though

All the time if you want to reduce eye strain
Only at night if you want to fall asleep a bit easier

>he's a monitorlet