/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fromjapan.co.jp/en/item/search/STAX/Al_11_Yh_YhRaAmOm_N_N_0A00ja00_N/lgk-link_top_search
massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd-6xx
dekoniaudio.com/frequency-response-curve-new-dekoni-sennheiser-hd600-pads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>sell furniture
>buy headphones

can I get an xD

which japanese store (with worldwide shipping) can i buy stax from?
i know about audiocubes but apparently they're not all that reliable

>which japanese store (with worldwide shipping) can i buy stax from?
ebay
audiocubes is fine I think, the main reason why we complain about them is because our L300LE got delayed to the second batch

Woo Audio, Elusivedisc, and Headamp are US dealers.

>have cat
>have headphones

I like where this is heading

Comparison between the HD600 and HD569?

>audiocubes is fine I think
i've read some reviews about them not responding emails and shipping the wrong item

i'm not in the US, it's cheaper for me to buy straight from japan

does the cat think the hd600 is nobass notreble nouppermids too?

>silly human with your subpar ears

I love spats

>mfw the rollercoaster treble kicks in

Show yourselves!

Thinking about the recent uptick in snake oil peddlers on /hpg/. Did any of you fags talk about /hpg/ on SBAF or headfi? why do they spawn like shrooms more than usual these days?

it's like 2 extremely vocal faggots, just run them off

I bet kitty is pretty happy to have HD600, the world's best headphones resting on him.

Post the pair that you own

poor kitty, he need some audio technicas or AKGs to soothe him

Completely vertical jack? That bothers me, a lot.

she's no headphone bigot

$1.45 adaptor, prolly find em cheaper

Poor op. He posts feets and none of the footfags are here to suck him dry. Better luck next time!

put penor in pussy

Have Grado sr80is & SHP9500. Great cans and I love them for my rock/jazz/classical listening segments.

My Electro/Hiphop segments are weak on these. Looking at the Beyerdynamic DT-770-PRO for this task. Any reason I shouldn't?

I can pick up the 80ohm for about a $100, is an amp required for that model or just get the 32 to play it safe

>grado
>beyer
why are you chasing ear rape, user

user likes bright headphones?

What headphones to listen to Primus

>My Electro/Hiphop segments are weak on these. Looking at the Beyerdynamic DT-770-PRO for this task. Any reason I shouldn't?
Because if you can afford the Custom Studio it's objectively better. It's exactly, exactly the same sound signature as the DT770 when stock. Same treble peak, same bass. But, there's a bass ports setting that allows you to boost the bass a little more, or completely neuter it. And it has a removeable cable which makes it more portable friendly.
80ohm needs no amp for loudness in pop recordings, rock, jazz or metal and whatever else. It might be troublesome for classical though.

it's weird the treble doesn't bother me on the Grados(I do have the L pads), but Senns are fucking bad, doesn't help that their boring to listen to. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a set of HD6XX from Massdrop.

I need warm bass from a set, not buying niggerbeats. If the Beyer's aren't warm, then what?

Primus sucks

What headphones for lil peep

Philips Fidelio X2?
AKG K7XX?
HiFiMan HE400S?
Not user, but some warm headphones off the top of my head

a990z

at least floor user has headphones unlike you

This is a joke, right? V shaped headphones aren't warm. Neutral can't be warm either. Warm headphones are dead sounding headphones. Things with no treble. Like the HD650. Or LCD-2.

V shaped headphones are neither warm nor really bright. They literally sit outside of the definition. They're exciting, lively headphones.

>Philips Fidelio X2
>AKG K7XX
>Not warm
user!!

>HiFiMan HE400S
I've heard that the hifimans have crazy quality issues, cracked headbands seem more common than a should be.

>Philips Fidelio X2
I do like my SHP9500s, are the X2s that much better of a set and include the bass I'm searching for?

>AKG K7XX
I haven't tried them and for whatever reason they're never suggested when people are looking at a decent set of $150 cans. I've been leaning towards AKG

>cat posting

Massdrop HD 6XXs coming in this week.
Did I fall for the meme?

you should've bought the superior hd600s

You bought a meme.

Which pair of headphones will help preserve my virginity

should've bought the he4xx instead of 20 year old veiled memephones

hd600

HD600. Kitchen countertop design, build quality of chinese plastic handled by irish drunk, ugly as sin, open headphones so people can hear your dweeb music. Not a single woman is going to approach you within 20 feet.

How much bass are you looking for, anyway? The Fidelios might fit your bill if you're looking for bass. The K7XX and HE400S aren't particularly bassy. Just go do your research outside of Sup Forums, alright user?

The 6XXs are at least driver matched

k7xx isn't really v shaped... it has a slight bass boost relative to the k701 and k702 which were bass anemic

the sennheiser meme really has rotted out people's brains, having bass that isn't anemic doesn't make it v shaped

Can't we all get along?

sure, thanks user for sharing your opinion

You're right, I misread. K7XX is the AKG that isn't an AKG because they have no treble, like a HD650. They actually are a warm headphone. X2 are more v-shape-ish though and not as dead sounding as warm headphones.
Man, you want bass, you don't want dead sounding.

>their
Typical Sennhater.

Finally got that dust problem solved

Terrible headphone if you don't EQ it. K712 is much more balanced.

HD600, the finest headphones ever made, have better driver matching than HD650.

blahblahblah

Post proof Sennehiser driver matches the HD 600 using official, up to date sources :^)

>Typical Sennhater.
He's not a hater. He's the typical guy who hears a senn headphone and feels "man, this is boring shit". Once he's done getting the insight he wants out of the thread he'll leave and become a number amount the many who just don't want anything sennheiser. Us haters are motivated enough to help shepherd people away from your vice claws of shilling before they become one of the many who go posting on social media "why is my m50x sounding better than my $300 headphone"

>"man, this is boring shit".
>period outside the quotations
>"why is my m50x sounding better than my $300 headphone"
>no question mark
Typical Sennhater.

Define "Sennhater". I don't think such a word exists.

>Define "Sennhater"
A human who willingly allows others to have sexual intercourse with their partner in marriage.

That would be you dear.

I don't think I follow. What did Anonymous do within this general to be accused of such a name?

>they have no treble
What? Measurements say the opposite

>27 women
Nice sample size.

threadly reminder your opinion holds no value if you don't post your setup

Threadly reminder that you bought a
and the opinion of sennheiser owners who have no headphones is nil.

>sennheiser owners who have no headphones
u wot m8

Thoughts on the ultrasone pro 900?

Ultrasone makes the worst headphones in the world, if we forget about all the sub$100 crap and focus on people who actually manage to extract a profit from the masses. Yes, Beats are better.

You're kidding, i've heard nothing but amazing reviews for the pro 900's especially for its bass.

I need fun headphones. What should I get now that I have K702's and HD569?

>Jim O'Rourke
Patrician.
Simple Songs was his best album songwriting wise, but was oddly terrible sounding. I fixed it by boosting the "center channel" and cutting the treble a tad. 'Twas my favorite album of its year.

On deck

here you can find best store. just tipe in the search bar what you lookink for. I brought from this proxy several times already.
fromjapan.co.jp/en/item/search/STAX/Al_11_Yh_YhRaAmOm_N_N_0A00ja00_N/lgk-link_top_search

Yeah I’m in a Jim mood, I have O’rourke with Loren Connors and then into some of collab with Haino lined up.

So ive been looking for an upgrade from my cheap $15 earphones to the $70-$110 range and i looked a little and found etymotics hf5 and shure se215 in Sup Forums's recommended. Now i listen to lots of stuff, from pop to death metal to renaissance classical, and i guess shure would fit that btter and the detachable cable helps, but etymotics i hear has really good soumd + isolation for the price but it risks being uncomfortable due to the way the buds are shaped. Anyone have experience with these earphones or whats a better option?

Budget is 600€. I honestly have no idea what's a good colored headphone. X2's? Amiron home?

lcd-2 classic

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Good op. Feet.
Cats have excellent hearing. Prefer HD600.
(adorable cat, btw)

>He's the typical guy who hears a senn headphone and feels "man, this is boring shit"
Do your akg's tickle your balls or something?
Sennheisers just portray the music you're listening to in a transparent way. Your Justin Bieber albus are just shit, they aren't going to change that.

t. HD650

Oi help us out

massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd-6xx

Has anyone tried these leather pads for the HD 600? I wonder if they degrade the sound quality noticeably. I wouldn't mind leather pads instead of fabric.

>have no pet
>have speakers
who here /alpha/

maki user has them, I think he said something like it changed the sound a bit but nothing that can't be EQ'd
dekoni posted some graphs too dekoniaudio.com/frequency-response-curve-new-dekoni-sennheiser-hd600-pads/

What's the difference between a flat response (a la an inverse equal loudness contour) and a diffuse field response when it comes to headphones, /hpg/?

And is there any standard diffuse field that I can equalize my headphones to, assuming that my headphones aren't already diffuse field-equalized?

>being proud of not living with a cat
kys

no u

>but nothing that can't be EQ'd
But EQ-ing HD600... eww.

>hd600
no bass, boring mids and no highs