The original author of truecrypt has a really interesting background...

The original author of truecrypt has a really interesting background. Why do I never hear any mention of it on Sup Forums?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Le_Roux

>Le Roux is currently in US custody for ordering the assassinations of six people.

Other urls found in this thread:

magazine.atavist.com/the-mastermind
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Big if true

because it's no longer in development
nobody talks about reiser either

But it is under a different dev team using the name veracrypt

if this was a movie script, I'd throw it out as unbelievable

holy fug

I wouldn't believe a single word in that wikipedia article and neither should you.
Be a realist. A proper one.

That was one of the weirdest shit I've ever read in Wikipedia. It asserts many times that little is known about his case, that it wasn't even very present in the media. But the same article describes deals, assassinations and the structure of his organization in minimal details.

This part is pure gold though.
>Le Roux spent $12m to secure 99-year leases on farmland the Zimbabwean government had seized from white farmers, and to lobby Mugabe with the help of Ari Ben-Menashe, lobbyist and former Israeli intelligence officer. His plan was to bring back white farmers to the land. It is alleged that he “wanted to see Zimbabwe back under the control of the whites”. In his only known media statement, Le Roux told the Washington newspaper The Hill: “We want recognition that injustice was done in the past and that the land-reform program corrects that."

Psyops to make users of 7.1a even more paranoid than they really are

Is this guy some Bond villain with good intentions? His wiki page is insane, born in Zimbabwe,adopted,created software, programmed, multiple wives and mistresses. Wanted by the USA authorities, pissed off a business partner, personality is described as relaxed and violent at the same time. No idea of how many kids he has. Brazilian mistress. Potential Truecrypt author...

Highly suggestive that all else we know were lies, and he is actually the hacker known as Sup Forums

I know for a fact Paul worked on TrueCrypt

Do you now...

I'd watch that documentary.

Huh? The one that this wikipedia page is an advertisement for?

So he had a very large motivation to secure his data?

It's typical character assassination for people that get under ((their)) skin.

That was a good read.
But also this.

>Different "Dev Team"
Is that some kinda sneaky way of saying the NSA?

>he was adopted by a couple living in the asbestos-mining town
He never had a chance

I can't manage one simple thing this guy runs several illegal operation all at once.

How such people even exist.

Exceptional individuals for sure.

Interesting that there is next to nothing about TrueCrypt in that article (compared to everything else) especially the way it mysteriously disappeared one day, with the website being replaced by a pro-Windows Bitlocker statement. Anyone remember that?

Here is one of the most amazing pieces of investigative journalism i have ever read. It's a 7 part piece on his life. He is a living Sup Forums wet-dream.

>magazine.atavist.com/the-mastermind

Nice find, slow day at work, I'm gonna read it.

What a great but tragic life.

>this, besides some Vice articles, is the main source
>but there are nytimes articles which back up the story
>e.g: "They argued that Mr. Hunter had operated under duress while working as a mercenary for the South African businessman, Paul Le Roux, an international outlaw who had threatened to kill him if he did not follow his orders. (Mr. Le Roux was later arrested, and he has cooperated with the government.)"
Not sure what to think