Xiaomi or Samsung S7?

Xiaomi or Samsung S7?
I've been looking at a Xiaomi Mi A1 for a while to upgrade from my S5 (overdue I know)
however an electrician mate of mine who buys every new Samsung said I can take his old S7, (his mum gets his S8) when he gets his S9
the S7 was used hard and has one of those pink vertical lines

one main point, which would have the better camera? I'm going to the US for a 3 month holiday and want the best camera I can but cant afford a $500+ phone at the moment

also, is the Mi A1 still the best budget android phone?

Blackberry or go home. If the keyboard is not the most important part of your smartphone then you don't deserve one.

Get a OnePlus 3 or 3T, definitely the best choice here. I was in your boat not too long ago and I love my OnePlus 3

>is the Mi A1 still the best budget android phone?
It never was.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (SD625) is.

Get the S7. You spend nothing and still get a better camera than what's on the Xiaomi.
Get a better phone when your holiday is done.

I'd recommend a oneplus. The 3, 3T and 5 are all great phones. Don't buy samsung.

If you read the thread properly he's getting the Samsung for free. Fuckin shills man.

Hard reset the s5 and buy a decent compact camera

wait for Mi7
wtf high end xiaomi phones are budget phones in general and midlevel miA1 from xiaomi is really a poorman's phone

>upgrade from my S5 (overdue I know)
You consumer whore.

Why are you ignoring the electrician friend who's getting an S9 when the S7 is still perfectly usable?
But true, the S5 is still technically fine. Most are when all they need to do is contact people and browse basket weaving imageboards. But having shiny new things is nice, makes you feel good. There's a lot to be said for that.

If it's an Exynos S7 shit's good - IIRC its getting LineageOS builds now.
The newer Samsung phones are faster than Jamal running from the cops when you flash Lineage on them.

>Best camera
>Mi A1
Well, I have to disappoint you.

t. Mi A1 user

honestly this
the camera's not very good but the phone is amazing for daily usage
if you really need good pictures, get a DSLR

iPhone 6S

I'd take the S7, the camera on it is still very good, just make sure the battery still holds a charge

Xiaomi if you want to look like a hobo with no standards.

Grab a OnePlus 3T or 5 depending on how much you're willing to spend. Both are blazing fast and with the ported Google Camera you can get great photos.

I've got a 5T and can confirm, the google port cam is amazing. That neural network shit is amazing.

I haven't heard of this, is there a certain build of the google camera that's particularly good for OP devices?

Have redmi 4 prime. While it's well built and usable there are ton of small bugs and issues in both hardware and software that never get fixed.

- 2g rf sensitivity is horrible
- gps loses accuracy after some time, needs reset
- mic is too quiet during calls
- bt (just turned on) degrades 2.4ghz wifi (packet loss and shit)
- when receiving call during media playback over bt call volume gets fucked up/super quiet
- first notification always just briefly flashes on screen

There's more shit that I can't probably remember at this moment.

Those issues are probably perfectly acceptable for average pajeet user but if you're into phones this won't cut it.

I cracked my OP3's screen but I still use it everyday. it is that good

samsung you fucking retard.

>pay
vs
>free

get your bud's samsung, if you like it keep it, if you don't buy something else later

Get lg g6 which is cheap af and better then both

It's kinda hard to get a new one atm. Is the 5T decent?

with 500 dollars u can buy a oneplus 5t, best camera than s7 o mia1 and full of other features

Anyone who tells you to choose xiaomeme over an S7 is a retard

>new xiaomemi
>the S7 was used hard and has one of those pink vertical lines
anyone who can't read is a retard

for best camera get the MI 5S!!
>PIXEL SENSOR!!!
>HDR+ with hacked GCAM.
>32 sec exposure!!
MI5S

With the s7 you can actually get 4g in the US. Xiaomi does not support all the bands in the us and gets slow 3g at best.