Galaxy mini the only phone you ever need

The Galaxy Mini is the only phone you ever need.
Its perfect in every way.

It fits perfectly into your pocket.
Its screen is the ideal size(Not to small and not to big(to take size on your pocket)) to read SMS.
Touchscreen keyboard for writing, contacts.

What else do you need a PHONE for?

Common objections and why the are retarded:
>Muh games
That's not a phone functionality that a computer functionality you want a computer not a phone.
>Muh apps
That's computer functionality not phone.
>Muh internet
That's app (web browser) AKA computer functionality not phone.
>Muh photos/video
That's camera functionality not phone.

For all these needs you can actually buy yourself a REAL computer, get a pocket laptop.
Why the fuck do you cucks need GSM functionality bundles in your pocket computers?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BLU-Unlocked-Dual-SIM-Camera-Battery/dp/B00O5EUBSI
hngn.com/articles/20821/20131230/robber-gives-back-flip-phone-for-being-crappy-video.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_encryption
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_Notification
youtube.com/watch?v=DGOgSPVBmIE
youtube.com/watch?v=gFBLiHpkcOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just buy yourself a dumbphone if you don't care about all those features, dumbfuck troglodyte

A phone is for making phone calls.
And SMS.
>dumbfuck troglodyte
Explain to me why I'm wrong.

>That's not a phone functionality that a computer functionality you want a computer not a phone.
I want an all in one computing device that makes calls, that's modern smartphones.

Why are you using a smartphone with a worse battery life than a dumbphone then?

grandpa, every app needs at least android 4.0
i used to have this piece of crap and upgrading to a nexus 5 was one of my most needed upgrades, even greater than the one i did from c2q to a ryzen 7
so, just get a n5 and degoogle it or get a light phone 2

>That's not a phone functionality that a computer functionality you want a computer not a phone.
Thats whats great about modern smartphones though desu, they are handhelp computers that you can easily operate with one hand

this.
my galaxy next(aka mini) was lucky to get more than an hour of screen or 5 hours standby

That's an extremely stupid idea see picture for one of the problems.
Basically the
" easy to hold to head" goal
is in direct opposition to the
"give me more screen for my movies and my games" goal.

>SMS
I was with you until you lost me there.

>every app
Kids these days can not read.
>>Muh apps
>That's computer functionality not phone.

Why?
If you not shitposting.
SMS is something in the GMS network.

>message app is not an app
>camera app is not an app
>dialer is not an app

I
>Touchscreen keyboard for writing, contacts.
>to read SMS.

What?

Are you 80 years old? Also, do you realize that a LOT of dumbphones have the same size screen, right? It's just 2.4 inches
Here's one for you.
amazon.com/BLU-Unlocked-Dual-SIM-Camera-Battery/dp/B00O5EUBSI
And considering that all you want out of a phone is for it to have a 2.4 inch screen, the capability of texting/calls, this would be just perfect for you.
No need to thank me.

>3.5" 240x320 TFT screen to read and write
just no
trust me, unless you are a 5 years old with tiny fingers and/or keep your phone inches away from your face you won't enjoy it.

Nice.
However I want a QWERTY Keyboard not the mashing of buttons you have on these phones.

Don't get me wrong they are nice for making phone calls however typing in a contact or writing a SMS is something I want a QWERTY keyboard for.
I'm also shilling for old blackberries.

Also I have loads of dumbphones (don't ask where I got them and why lets simply say I did not pay for them) maybe its the source I got them from because they all have their downsides.
For example reading SMS is on one of these amazon.com/BLU-Unlocked-Dual-SIM-Camera-Battery/dp/B00O5EUBSI is a pain if you need to scroll down to see more text its not that good.
I want to see most of the SMS on the screen.

What did you mean by this?

Alright, buddy. You do you. I personally never receive SMS and I do 2 calls a week MAX, so that phone would be completely useless for me.

tl;dr screen is shitty, low res, hard to read and too little to write on.
on-screen querty keyboard is only viable in 4.5+ inches phones.
if you want the best querty experience get a blackberry bold, especially if you only use it for text/calls

I meant SMS is a thing of the past which only americans are obsessed with.

>SMS
Don't get me wrong I also would prefer to only e-mail.

However shit loads of things require SMS.
My bank requires me to receive SMS to verify my login.

I took one of my old dumbphones exclusive for this purpose(bacially like a token device).
However its shit some genius decided to make all SMS have black blue font on black background.

My main phone (galaxy mini) has a far better SMS reading capability.
Also even if we ignore SMS; QWERTY comes handy if you want to add a contact to quickly call someone.
Adding contacts on the SIM card of course!
>blackberry bold
Thanks for the recommendation i was thinking about getting a blackberry.
However they are expensive I got my galaxy mini for $0.25

I think the evolution of the touchescreen phone ended with the mini its form factor(not necessarily the hardware) is the best for reading SMS/contacts and sending SMS.
Going above it into the comically cartoon clown-wold of today's screen sizes looks exactly like this:

Security updates?

Do you have a bank account?
Don't they require you to get SMS to authenticate yourself?

PS: What do you use for messages?
SMS is right next to the phone network no need to get your face-time account or some shit to send messages.

That phone is pure cancer

For what?
I disable the connectivity to the internet its only connected to the phone network.

Why?
Can you even explain?
All the possible excuses are debunked in the OP.

>what's a dumbphone

How does it feel being a poorfag and a manlet?

dumbphones are only good for making calls.
QWERTY is great for writing the names in your contacts something dumbphones have problems with.
Also SMS reading (however this can be only me and my magical box of dumbphones, I tend to get phones from magical places).

Great.
My biggies fear is that if I ever get robed the robber will take my phone because its so new and space age and not give it back like they do with dumbphones.

hngn.com/articles/20821/20131230/robber-gives-back-flip-phone-for-being-crappy-video.htm

I'm still using my galaxy mini 2 for music, podcasts and audiobooks while working.

WhatsApp stop supporting this android 2.3 force me to upgrade.

Shit everything - hardware, software. Nobody makes phone calls and sms on their SMARTphones, gramps - there are messenger apps for that. Internet browser is a necessity these days as well, how are you even paying bills?

Doesn't have a keyboard
Not interested

I had one,it literally used to crash at least 5 times a day with nothing but whatsapp and youtube. Battery is absolute dogshit and the touch is shit too. OP is just playing dumb saying "muh grown man doesn't need apps" "u kid don't need X" instead of assuming he's a poorfag with Stockholm syndrome.

There are thousands of dumbphones with QWERTY for "people" like you.

Wow this bait thread got a lot of replies

>Touchscreen keyboard for writing,
>on a screen this small
Are you a fucking leprechaun or just retarded? T9 is way better for this phone size.

>The small size is a plus, it's great because it fits right in your pocket!
>You don't need a bigger phone, more than 3.2 inches is dumb.. just carry a 12+ inches computer all the time you idiot.

Okay.

OP, even Nexus 7 fits in a pocket. It's a tablet.

Wrong.

You don't need anything more than a razr v3.

>let me justify being a poorfag

Fuck off.

???
>Nobody makes phone calls and sms on their SMARTphones, gramps
Exactly the point of the op.
Why are you insisting on having GSM capability in you computers if you don't use them to make phone calls by your own admission?

And the smart phone baby shat itself and disappear.
All written in the OP.

Maybe the problem is that you are incapable of reading text.
Its all written in the OP its like you have brain damage and can only process 40% of the text you read.

To get LTE, silly. It's faster and more widely available than wi-fi, also you retain your IP when moving and switching towers.

I'd get a tablet, but phones literally have better hardware.

>LTE
Why are you using this on a phone?
Seriously you can do the same with EVERY computer using a SIM card USB dongle.

>also you retain your IP when moving and switching towers.
Translation:
>I want websites to more easily spy on me
Why do you want to have the same IP this is literally insane.
Name one example where you benefit from having the same IP!
ONE example that you actually use!
On your phone!

>Seriously you can do the same with EVERY computer using a SIM card USB dongle.
No computer fits in my pocket.

Just use an iPhone SE
Perfect size

But user, smartphone IS a computer. It's running a Linux distro(not GNU/Linux though). Why would I pay more for a computer?

>single core 600 mhz (overclockable up to 806)
good for 10 years ago

If it's the computer responsibility then why not just buy a normal cellphone? Bluetooth exploit, sms exploit etc

Also it's not my fault that you're a dwarf.
Xiaomi redmi note 4 perfectly fits both in my pants pocket and hands.
Also even the first screen equipped cellphones had games installed on it lmao

>Internet browser is a necessity these days as well, how are you even paying bills?
This is why I use a PC.
The computer with the browser you know.
What did you even think I was doing?

> there are messenger apps for that
The rupert goldberg machine of the computer world.
You literally have one build in to the phone network that works on every cell phone.
All you need is the phone number.

If your argument is that you want your communication to be separate from your phone number why not use e-mail or XMP?

No its
1) Require phone
2) Require a phone OS
3) Require a specific version of a specific phone OS
4) Be a slave to the app store
5) install this phone OS "app"
6) make a account in this app
7) Actually wast time by spamming people with what your handle in the ifart communication app is
8) need to buy a new phone because the proprietary ifart communication app is upgraded and only works on new phone OSs.

And you seriously think you are smart for basically using square wheels and rupert goldberg machines?

>muh grown man doesn't need apps
Educate yourself you are literally using a retarded rupert goldberg machines setup that is inferior to SMS or e-mail.

Here is a nice picture for retarded children illustrating the problem
To make it even more simple.
Its hard to hold this flat screen to your head if you are making phone calls.

Email and especially SMS are inferior to pretty much any messenger.

>But user, smartphone IS a computer
Partially true lets ignore the fact that phone OSs are crippled computers by design and don't let you run your own programs (app store slaves).

The argument is
Its hard to make calls on this bricks.
This is why you keep a simple phone that is easy to make calls and have a mini laptop for all your computer needs.

>Its hard to make calls on this bricks
Literally no difference. Select the contact, press the button, speak.

>when your soy arms are so weak you can't lift a 200g device

>Email
> inferior to pretty much any messenger.
Explain how and why.
Pro Tip you can not do this because there are downsides to every proprietary messenger.

E-mail:
1) Standard AKA works on everything no vendor lock in(every messenger has this)
2) You can do everything on it (graphics, emoji especially emoji you fucks! its in Unicode!)
3) multiple clients with insane filtering features
4) Complete OS independence
5) Different servers (e-mail providers)
6) Protocols like IMAP or POP3, especially POP3 if you know how to use the non-deleting or deleting configured right lets you do crazy things.

I have one.
If you install one app in 2018, the storage is full.
It has like 128MB of storage.

Other than that it is true that it is extremely comfortable in the hand, the form factor is the best.

No push messages. No built-in encryption. No p2p messaging.

There is a picture explaining it
However you are to retarded to understand it.

>Select the contact, press the button, speak.
>lift a 200g device
N/A
Its all about how it fits in the hand.
Maybe you underage cucks did never actually hold something that fits a human hand comfortably and think a gigantic screen in your head is comfortable to hold while you make a call. See picture.

>There is a picture explaining it
Is that a picture of you holding Galaxy s3?

>Maybe you underage cucks did never actually hold something that fits a human hand comfortably
Everything below 7 inches fits a human hand perfectly.

>Why do you want to have the same IP this is literally insane.
sessions for example.
If you use a Sup Forums pass and switch IPs, you have to wait 15 minutes to prevent pass sharing.
Now imagine sitting in a bus and trying to post while your IP changes every few minutes because of new cellphone towers. Basically impossible to post.

>Other than that it is true that it is extremely comfortable in the hand, the form factor is the best.
This one gets it.
You don't.
>human hand perfectly.
Its all about fitting COMFORTABLY.

>Its all about fitting COMFORTABLY
Are you retarded? Perfectly > comfortably. 7-8 inches are already pushing it, but still COMFORTABLE.

WOW simply WOW!
Neo-G how can one man be so wrong?
>No built-in encryption
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_encryption
Try:
GPG
PGP
>No push messages
What are you even talking about?!?!?!
You mean this?!!!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_Notification
Ever knew this existed:
youtube.com/watch?v=DGOgSPVBmIE
youtube.com/watch?v=gFBLiHpkcOk

>No p2p messaging
What?
On what level? What are you talking about?

I'm and the comfortable thing about this phone is that it lets you reach the entire screen with just one thumb, while also lying perfectly in the hand.
Nowadays we're all used to 2-handed operation because all phones have around 5.5 inch screens, so being able to do absolutely everything by holding the phone in a single hand is very satisfying.
You can swipe the status bar down from the very top of the screen to the very bottom while your other hand is in your pocket, and you don't even have to tilt the phone to reach those spots easier.
Very comfortable, but unusable in 2018 because installing one app triggers the low storage alert already, it has a 600MHz single core cpu and a 240p screen.

>But user, smartphone IS a computer
>Partially true lets ignore the fact that phone OSs are crippled computers by design and don't let you run your own programs (app store slaves).
Only a issue if own Apple shit.

>but still COMFORTABLE
Serious question.
did you ever try or tested how comfortable something in the form factor of the galaxy mini is?
>7-8 inches are already pushing i
Because this is a clown show at this point.

Its like people try to hold a HD monitor to their head by pressing it hard.
Pro Tip comfortable was not supposed to look like this.

What part of built-in did you not understand?
>Ever knew this existed
Thanks for proving my point. It's the messenger's feature, not email standard feature.
>On what level?
Application probably. Depends on the implementation.

>Nowadays we're all used to 2-handed operation
No we aren't. Even note 8 is perfectly usable with just one hand.

How?

>did you ever try or tested how comfortable something in the form factor of the galaxy mini is?
For a SMARTphone it's too small. For a dumbphone it's too big. Literally an abortion of a device.

By taking it and using it? Are you coaxing me into snafu or something?

When using a 5.5 inch screen size phone, I can comfortable reach the red area with my thumb.
Maybe you're confusing one-handed operation for something else?

Maybe you're a manlet? I reach the oppo logo with my thumb easily.

>What part of built-in did you not understand?
You are retarded and need help.
The things you want depend on the client.
The e-mail client is something you can switch and use every modern client with every modern e-mail service.

Are you literally asking something like:
>Why can there be only one web browser and its name is the internet?

>messenger's feature, not email standard feature.
The fuck? It even says "mail" in the sound.
You want sound notifications or OS notifications?
Thunderbird integrates itself with the OS (linux in my example) and I can get desktop notifications if I get new mail.
I also can make sounds play etc.
It depends on the client like a lot of things depend on the web browser.

>Application probably. Depends on the implementation.
The fuck?
Don't you understand how e-mail works? Or what e-mail clients are?
PS:
Web clients are still clients.

The fact that you can switch and use whatever client you want with whatever service you want is a benefit of e-mail.
Its like you want to be ass raped and enslaved by corporations.

Meanwhile this is the area I can comfortably reach on my Galaxy Mini.
Note I'm not the OP, I'm just explaining single handed operation.
How do you hold your phone with a single hand, and still reach the status bar on a 5.5 inch phone?
I'm 6 feet.

user. Please, hear me out. Try these. I know it's mostly little girls using these but just try. Don't let your disability deny you the latest technology advancements.

I'm OP and for me its how comfortably the phone fits in the hand and how I can hold it while I call people.
The sweat spot is somewhere in this size range.
I think its one of the most optimal screen size for SMS and contacts VS tiny size for pocket and hand holding.

>The things you want depend on the client
You aren't even denying what I said.
>The fuck? It even says "mail" in the sound.
So that's how you know it's email, huh. I'll stick to my "Message" standard then.
>The fuck?
OSI.

>If you use a Sup Forums pass and switch IPs, you have to wait 15 minutes to prevent pass sharing

He got a Sup Forums pass.

> you want a computer not a phone
Yes, that's why I'm here.
> Desiring a botnet dunbphone

I have no experience with Sup Forums passes.
So outside of this ONE example is there any benefit?

I was expecting you will go full
>I fucken run a web server on my phone! Bitch!
However it seams like a niche problem.

If I did have it i simply use a VPN or my server to bounce the signal and have a static IP this way.

I know those. Don't wanna add one though.
I'm perfectly fine with my pic related even though it's a "big" phone.
I just use it with two hands (hold in place with left hand, freely touch whatever with right hand)
The small ones were still much more comfortable though.
I do like 50 posts a day (not on Sup Forums) and a pass costs like $1.60 a month.
Considering the literally thousands of captchas I didn't have to fill out, and being able to just Ctrl+Enter to send a post, it was definitely worth it.
The one you replied to wasn't the one you replied earlier to
Was just naming one example why having a fixed IP between cellphone towers is important to me.
You can still just turn mobile off and on and instantly get a new IP if you want that.
Yeah only thing I can think of for a phone is anything that uses your IP as a session. I don't know what will happen to your apps and logins if you suddenly send the data from a new IP.

>You aren't even denying what I said.
Your post is incoherent.

Explain exactly what you are talking about.
Or want in E-mail.

Because form what I read you are literally saying something like this:
>modern politicians are bad because they are not like Stalin, I want my dictator to enslave me and kill me for no reason whatsoever. No politician promises this to me, checkmate atheists
>The internet is bad because there is not one web browser who is forced on everyone (or they can not access the internet) and you can not change anything in the browser (no skin changes etc)
>I want a vendor lock in, e-mail is bad because it lets you communicate with different e-mail services instead of locking everyone to one service like yahoo.com and no ability to communicate with gmail.com.

>You aren't even denying what I said.
If I'm interpreting you correctly (and I have no idea form your cryptic one liner insanity) then the things you wan't are literally bad and terrible so no I'm not denying anything.
E-mail simply has none of these bad things.

You wanting these bad things makes you wanting to be enslaved.

>Yeah only thing I can think of for a phone is anything that uses your IP as a session. I don't know what will happen to your apps and logins if you suddenly send the data from a new IP.
Try restarting your router to see.
Most servers don't give a shit and work normally.

A computer is for computation, not for games, internet, web or video. Prove me wrong.

>games, internet, web or video.
All of them are computations.

Look
Is literally incoherent.

The encryption thing is wrong because e-mail has encryption. Granted its like with https where there was a transition form http to https and you still can communicate with http websites. However I see no problem here.

The rest is incoherent noses.
>No push messages
I literally have no idea what is even spoken here.
He wants a pop up window or sound played if he gets mail?

This is in multiple clients.

>p2p messaging
Elaborate what you even understand under this.

> internet, web
Show how a web browser is not a computer program, show how a IRC client is not a program
> video.
Show how a video player is not a program.
>games
Show how a computer game is not a program.

And above all else show how programs don't require calculations on turing complete machines.

>For a SMARTphone it's too small.
Why?
What are you doing on it?
If you answered games/video/web-browser etc congratulations get a computer for these things. and use the phone for making phone calls.
> For a dumbphone it's too big.
Read the OP it fits perfectly in the hand and you can read SMS/contacts perfectly on it.
> For a dumbphone it's too big.
I literally have multiple dumbphones and its actually a little shorter then a dumbphones and a little wider. its almost exactly the form factor of a dumbphone.

"it's too big to be a dumbphone"

Thanks for the picture.
Saved.
Jesus Christ how can one man get so owned and own himself so hard
>I can comfortable reach the red area with my thumb
Can only reach ~30% of the screen.
By his own admission.

WEW LAD.

>By his own admission.
I'm the one saying that you can NOT reach most of a 5+inch screen comfortably.

OK. Thanks for the clarification.