Is slint post-rock or math rock and what is math rock

is slint post-rock or math rock and what is math rock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLvZHx9UIVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both
Also,
>math rock
Punk or indie rock with odd time signatures or otherwise non-conventional rhythms

both senpai

this demon doesn't induce semen like the skrillex chick

>what is math rock
aids

both

Math rock is basically indie rock or punk rock with weird time signatures

post-hardcore desu

>what is math rock
Music that makes you feel really smart, like you're doing math

Math rock is stuff like this

youtube.com/watch?v=eLvZHx9UIVY

what about this one

it's the "is this heat post-punk or experimental rock and what is experimental rock" chick

I would say Slint is minimalist math rock.

Math rock often has unconventional/shifting time signatures paired with complex rhythm and melody.

It is essentially a branch of jazz fusion that took distinct influence from punk (rather - hardcore and post-hardcore) energy.

Artists within the genre vary
Compare Slint or Shellac to Hella or Lightning Bolt

>it's the "is this heat post-punk or experimental rock and what is experimental rock" chick

It's a post-hardcore band playing post-rock.

Both and math rock is just experimental rock with wonky time signatures.

is kendrick west coast hip hop or conscious hip hop and what is conscious hip hop

too thick

T H I C K

Ya know I really like a girl with a big ol' kike nose like that. Very regal and majestic looking.

she juicy

Her thighs are as big as her fuckin body

it's [a]pathetic post-hardcore played by nerds

weak bait

I love slint and the only inaccurate part is it being apathetic.

horrible piercing

pls post this skrillex chick

W O W
O
W

this heat aren't post-punk

thanks senpai this is good tunes

>singer sings with an obvious British accent
dropped so hard

Cool man thanks for giving your opinion when nobody asked for it

Kill yourself dumb tripfaggot.

would still destroy her

it's post rock imo. not many elements of math rock except slightly unorthodox time signatures, but 7/4 isn't too uncommon

This Heat is always brought up in post-punk threads.

Woah pal, I was under the impression that the point of a message board was to facilitate discussion, a major part of which consists of articulating your opinions. I'll make sure to ask for your permission next time.

i disagree heavily. slint doesn't shift time signatures that much. they do it occasionally but it's not enough to consider it math rock

the melody and rhythm aren't the most complicated things in the world, they weren't written for that purpose. when i think of math rock i think of bands that specifically write songs to change time signatures quickly, as if to offput the listener.

slint doesn't do that. they don't resemble jazz fusion to me. they seem like they are trying to create a very specific atmosphere, not to disorient the listenener (eg, hella) and this is coming from a giant hella fan.

you can see zack going beserk on the drums, britt doesn't do that at all

i'm not denying the math rock elements, or the influence they had, i'm denying their intent. i don't think they had the same intent that subsequent math rock musicians had

ughhhh jesus

>tfw there's a half black girl in one of my classes that is beautiful and has a great body but classes ended today and you won't ever see her again

>saw an ethopian qt on the subway
>too much of a pussy to approach her

I will die uncuddled virgin :

no, not math rock
ita a bunch of talented teenagers being talented
thats it bb.

>check link
>not JERDk
>mfw

that was also the bait part

>a bunch of talented teenagers being talented
Is this a genre/scene I haven't heard of? What are some good a bunch of talented teenagers being talented bands?

They are on their second album but their debut is not basically anything but post-punk, it's so distinct it may as well be it's own genre alone.

no need to ask for permission, just shut the fuck up actually

>it's a branch of Jazz Fusion
I'd argue that it has more in common with prog and hardcore than jazz fusion

>>band has 2 "it's the 'is this heat post-punk or experimental rock and what is experimental rock' chicks"

some1 post the skrillex girl

Just letting everyone here know that I would fuck that girl if I saw her lil

!!!!

Is there geography rock?

gonna need a sauce, Sup Forums. We have the best musical minds on the planet, we can do this.

thread reported to authorities for misogynistic posts

Swell Maps.

>slap her ass
problem solve

is pere ubu proto-math rock

like new picnic time/art of walking

europe, kansas, asia, journey, list goes on

math rock and post rock are very closely related. both play in unconventional time signatures. post rock is basicly non rock music with rock instrumentation. which means non conventional song structure (atleats for rock music), arrengements with electronic influences and sometimes orchestral instrumentations. the drumming is often very jazzy. all in all very cinematic and reminds almost of orchestral classical music in a sense. math rock is a bit more "traditional" in the sense that is has rock drumming and conventional rock song structure aswell as a lack of unconventional instrumentation. melodies are more often dissonant than in post-rock. it still uses weird time signatures though. math rock is heaviely influenced by minimalism and the likes of steve reich. very repetitive.

a lot of post-rock and math-rock bands can be concidered both because these traits are often mixed. so you can have math rock bands with jazz drumming like toe for example. post rock is more related to shoegaze,indie and mathrock more prog and metal.

This, just look at and so I watch you from afar

>post-rock
>plays in unconventional time signatures
Well aren't you a fucking retard

Practically none of this is correct. What shit are you pulling out of your ass?

Juana Fernandez

based user.

jesus what is it even like to be this sexually attractive? one can only wonder what life is like

who is this phallus fawnus?