*collects your username, email address, any messages, images...

*collects your username, email address, any messages, images, VOIP data and other content you send via the chat feature and sells it to third party companies*
nothing personell kid

discordapp.com/privacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRzm7wrk_FA
discordapp.com/privacy
discordapp.com/terms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_(protocol)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you not just sign in as a guest anymore? I usually not even have it downloaded, I'd just use it in browser.

>people still don't have a problem with this

check out the app persmissionsers from googel paly or what ever if install it on you're phone
collects access to more then your imagination can't help though

OHH NOO THEY'RE GONNA GET ALL MY DANK MEYMEYS AND SOUNDS OF ME SAYING KEK IRL

Just because your data has no value doesn't mean nobody's data has no value.

are you aware of this thing called miranda rights that the police say when they arrest you?

>You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

have you ever wondered why they say that, and why running your mouth off in front of the police is probably a bad idea even if you are innocent?

Those who have valuable data won't be using Discord...

I signed up for discord with a disposable email address and I only use it for gayming.

If your data were not valuable then how do they stay in business? Do you really think they sell enough emoji packs or whatever is they're peddling now just to stay afloat?

To try sell me products... Yeah, Skynet is coming. You guys are so fucking done... Damn!

If you are not a terrorist or pedo, whats the big deal in get having, allegedly, your anime/wifu virgin crap being read/seen??? Fuck u all.

Are you serious?

Discord also uses the google botnet

youtube.com/watch?v=WRzm7wrk_FA

>Not using Mumble

Discord is the most obvious CIAnigger botnet that has come out in recent years

Oh wow, they collected how much i played certain games, browsing websites etc
They aren't valuable to us.
This is kinda like cryptomining. They make money from nothing which is Sup Forums approved

You just have to check your cookies when you browse on their website to see how much it's a botnet.

Source?

I only ever use it for game parties and 99% of all the messages me and my friend send are pro-hitler. Who cares.

> current userbase of Sup Forums

>discordapp.com/privacy
discordapp.com/privacy

The NRA has sold out America
It true the NRA has meet with Russia in 2015.
NRA is using Pro Russian tactics against Americans

>The NRA has sold out America
source?
>It true the NRA has meet with Russia in 2015.
source?
>NRA is using Pro Russian tactics against Americans
source?

Option 1: We can trust the privacy policy.
Then the privacy policy says "The Company is not in the business of selling your information." So they don't.

Option 2: We can't trust the privacy policy.
Then the entire exercise of reading it is pointless and we don't have any evidence make conclusions from.

Which one is it OP?

This is ignoring how retarded the OP is in general by the way.

>*collects your username, email address, any messages, images, VOIP data and other content you send via the chat feature and sells it to third party companies*
Your username and email address: Well no fucking shit they collect that, it's called making an account.
Messages, images, other stuff sent over chat: Impossible to have chat history without storing this and you can delete any of your messages/images/files/etc if you want. In fact you can just delete your entire server history every day if you're so concerned about this.
VOIP data: They explicitly say they only "collect" it for so long as it takes to transmit the data to users. This is necessarily how server based VOIP works.

>collect database of memes
>sell memes to ad companies
>ads are now good memes
i don't see anything wrong with that.

As long as they don't sell it to telemarketers they can sell it to ISIS for all I care.

>normie cattle getting milked
So what's new?
Them being the majority makes it harder for us to avoid getting bent over, as usual.

>collects your username
how dare they know the username i made to use the program
>email address
no other company has ever been so nefarious as to know my email address before
>any messages, images, VOIP data and other content you send via the chat feature
and here i thought discord was going to be my easy way to order dark web hitmen, not even my dank memes are safe from their private NSA agents

Target audience

>The Company is not in the business of selling your information.
HURR DURR I AM ILLITERATE I AM OP

nu-males care about convenience and will sacrifice anything related to privacy.

In fact, I once got in an argument with a nu-male, they stated there is no such thing as privacy and such expectations are for the paranoid/conspiracy nuts. What can you do to these people? Just leave them alone? If they were to be left alone, they would spread this disease. Only other way is to sympathetically put them out of their misery so as to stop themselves from causing harm to themselves and to others. Maybe in the next life, they'll be a born as a rational person instead of a nu-male

>Bank company
>Knows how much you spend and what you buy and how much you get paid
>Knows where you live, your real name, SS number, everything about you

It's over you're finished

Reminder that people used to think Snapchat didn't save images after they were sent and ended up collecting a fuckton of incriminating evidence of people doing stupid shit
If you're afraid your info will be compromised you shouldn't even be on the internet, much less using a program like Discord

>*collects your username, email address, any messages, images, VOIP data and other content you send via the chat feature and sells it to third party companies*
>nothing personell kid

>thinking they need you to send anything for them to collect your images, data and other content
>especially for the ultimate cucks using it on mobile

>SS number
no nazis in turku
no nazis anywhere

What if I don't care?

it doesn't matter if you do or don't, your eyes opened just a crack and now you know, so it doesn't matter what you say about caring, you're subconsciously caring about it right now, and it'll exacerbate it further the more information about it you uncover, either by proxy or personally.
It's not that people don't believe you when you say you don't care, it's that you literally cannot ignore it even if you force yourself to do so

Why are you projecting?

>Oh wow, they collected how much i played certain games, browsing websites etc
Exactly.
How do you not see the dystopian possibilities?

Why are you?

>and you can delete any of your messages/images/files/etc if you want. In fact you can just delete your entire server history every day if you're so concerned about this.
Just because you don't see it anymore doesn't mean it's not there in their database somewhere. You removing a message may at best equal removing a single reference between the message and the channel, however the message still exists except unlinked but most likely with some reference to where the message originated at.

>Well no fucking shit they collect that, it's called making an account.
Except names and emails are used to crosslink data from different bussinesses and it gets peddled to. The account is a form of control, it permanently ties a person to the system even when he discontinues using it.

>VOIP data: They explicitly say they only "collect" it for so long as it takes to transmit the data to users. This is necessarily how server based VOIP works.
You may want to show where that's stated in fact. Because now that's bullshit.
>By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service.

>By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service.
Who the fuck are you even quoting?

OK now I know you're baiting. He's quoting the actual privacy concerns of the shitty cuck software you're using right now

this
if people actually cared we could stop this, but apparently the nigger cattle doesn't

Nope, he is not. You have to be a complete idiot to buy into these Discord hate threads. All their complaints are made up, which tells me that there are actually no issues with discord, because if there were, they would use those.

>Put data on the internet
>Complain when it goes to someone else
Keep crying you idiot

I'm quoting terms of service. Forgot to paste the link.
discordapp.com/terms

I wonder whether you forgot to post that because it says that that thing you quoted doesn't apply to VOIP.

>mfw this doesn’t affect me at all
I’ll gladly help sell data and information. Fuck everyone I want to see everything burn

>venture capital money runs out
>time to sell out
>big company finds all their stockpiled data valuable
>discord gets bought out for a large sum of money
>CEO walks off with millions of dollars in his pocket

See, that wasn't too hard. IIRC he's done it before with another chat platform.

So now you've retreated to the point where the program is fine and the data they collect is reasonable, BUT they might sell in the future to someone and THEN it MIGHT become a problem.

Alright.

>all these faggot defending getting spied on
Sup Forums is dead

you're ded

what are the fucking alternatives though?

>mumble
nobody uses that.

>getting spied on
Yeah, I'm getting spied on when I use an email and a password to make an account.
That's a reasonable concern and not factually wrong hyperbole that makes me look like a drooling retard to anyone with an Iq above room temperature.

>Just because you don't see it anymore doesn't mean it's not there in their database somewhere.
Okay? This is completely arbitrary speculation backed up with no evidence. Not an argument.

>Except names and emails are used to crosslink data..
When you use the word "except" you should be saying something contrary to the message you're replying to. But I guess you can just randomly explain such facts as "it's possible to cross reference data" and "accounts don't use some kind of telepathy to know when you permanently stop using them and automatically delete themselves".

>You may want to show where that's stated in fact. Because now that's bullshit.
"transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only)"
tran·sient
ˈtranSHənt,ˈtranzēənt/
adjective: transient
lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

If they aren't going to sell it, why would they collect data?

To improve the quality of their service and the efficiency of their infrastructure.

Have you never worked in a company?

They aren't selling data, but when they sell the company the data they have has value. Several old social networks have been bought for the email registrations alone.

>collects information directly from your device
>collects info from any social media you use
>cookies log a plethora of other things
>reasonable

That's without even mentioning the program is an entire web browser that opens one website and eats a lot of ram. Getting bought out is the most likely way that they will make their money since I really, seriously doubt that nitro puts food on the table for their entire dev team. A company that would buy out discord will probably have a big interest in their data too, which of course would be transferred to fhe new company as per the privacy policy.

There's no mention of VOIP on the page. It's pretty clearly stated they can do anything with what can be deemed as user's creation, so his voice as well.

>arbitrary speculation
Man if you knew how many services of this kind pulled this kind of shit, Discord is the same as them. It's true that he doesn't have evidence but it's the norm with software like this

>arbitrary speculation backed up with no evidence

Upload a picture, copy the link, delete the picture, post the link. It's that easy, they most definitely stockpile everything you post.

Is there an alternative that I can potentially convince my normie associates to move to? It's too damn convenient and I hate it.

>The Company is not in the business of selling your information.

Did you forget these two?
>Related Companies: We may also share your information with our Related Companies for purposes consistent with this Privacy Policy.
>Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
However crapcord rats spin their act, they are still peddlers of information.

Mumble gets pretty close, but it lacks persistence.

>the alternatives are mumble and teamspeak
Fucking lol

Jingle, the open protocol behind Google Talk.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_(protocol)

>HOW DARE OTHERS TO LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE

This will never get old.

check oot riot.im

>Any data, text, graphics, photographs and their selection and arrangement, and any other materials uploaded to the Service by you is “Your Content.”
You do not upload your voice. Is you people's reading comprehension literally on the level of a grade schooler?

Yeah, you take things out of context and/or don't understand what is being said.

You can't just randomly pick and re-arrange text snippets, their meaning depends on the context they are posted in, and that context makes it clear that they do not sell information. They say exactly what they use the data for, if you can manage to read more than one sentence a day, I suggest to go over than again.

Also, see Either you believe it, then they do not sell data, because they clearly say so both explicitly, and implicitly by not listing it as a possible use for data, or you think they are lying, in which case this thread is pointless. Since you have no evidence that would contradict what they say, you should fuck off and peddle your idiotic theories elsewhere.

>I love being a contrarian faggot and using horrible shit tier programs like mumble/TS: the thread

I did that before, and the link stops working very quickly. Not always immediately, but
Wait, am I literally talking to a 12 year old here who thinks technology is magic?

except they also don't store VOIP data, so how would they do that. did you try applying basic critical thinking skills?

you can take the position of "i don't trust any closed source service or 3rd party server, ever" if you want. im not sure this is a reasonable way to live your life but it's your life.

you should actually do rigorous testing (like waiting a few days to see that the CDN cache does indeed get flushed) before making claims you can't back up.

They clearly state they can do whatever the fuck they want. Given the unlimited power and acceptance of the sheep to do this, it's only safe to say there's nothing guarding them from not doing this.
>"transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only)"
And this is said where? Plebbit?

A company must earn money. How does solely "improving the quality of their service and the efficiency of their infrastructure" at Discord earn money?

>Related Companies: We may also share your information with our Related Companies for purposes consistent with this Privacy Policy.
>Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
Exactly right. The Company itself doesn't sell the personal information. They share it with their shell corporations, and then THEY sell your personal info for money. Isn't legalese fun?

>How does solely "improving the quality of their service and the efficiency of their infrastructure" at Discord earn money?
It lowers their running cost and increases revenue through increased Nitro sales, how is that not immediately obvious?

>They clearly state they can do whatever the fuck they want
No, they very clearly do not, otherwise that document would be one sentence long.

I didn't want to get into this legalese stuff. But no, that's actually just incredibly standard boilerplate which indemnifies them from potential frivolous lawsuits. Just google phrases from that legalese and this is incredibly easy to confirm.

>And this is said where? Plebbit?
In the privacy terms on the like 9th line at the top of the page. This is not hard.

>for purposes consistent with this Privacy Policy.
Isn't reading comprehension fun?

>You do not upload your voice. Is you people's reading comprehension literally on the level of a grade schooler?
Voice data falls under data.

>they are lying
Yes they are. They are lying by trying to obscure the fact they are selling it. Them sharing it with their partners should be enough of an indication that they are only phrasing their botnet practises as innocently as possible.
>in which case this thread is pointless
It's not because there are tons of retards who need to be fed the redpill about the crapcord botnet. It's even more sad this needs to be done on Sup Forums. Of all places this board should at least have some common sense of what not to use. btw go back Sup Forums

>Voice data falls under data.
Prove that with the text, it specifically says data that you upload to the service, and gives examples that would include VOIP if it was covered, but do not. You would need to seriously twist the meaning of "upload", ignore the examples they give which box in what they mean, and then assume that they would hide VOIP data for no reason, for your interpretation to be right. That's idiotic.

>Them sharing it with their partners should be enough of an indication that they are only phrasing their botnet practises as innocently as possible.
Except they say what they share the data for, and that does not include sale.

>It's not because there are tons of retards who need to be fed the redpill about the crapcord botnet.
By redpill you mean lies it seems.

Use Mumble then.

Gmail was scanning emails and was using your personal info for advertising purposes over a decade ago. People accepted it. What discord is doing isn't even a gradual step to giving up our privacy, it's literally more of the same. Shit it's less invasive than the facebook messenger app and that has a crazy install base. At the end of the day normies will happily give up privacy for a better service and nerds will eventually use the services other people are using as much as they autistically screech about the need for end to end encryption.

Please help. My S4 smartphone is currently broken. In the meantime I'm forced to use a Xperia E smartphone. One of the things I am desperate to do is to login to Discord to alert people of my forthcoming downtime. But it is very difficult because the Xperia E is so slow. I cannot login to Discord before I confirm an email verification message due to using a different phone. Logging into my email and clicking the link takes 8 slow minutes to do. But then it tells me:

>IP authorization link has expired. Please login to Discord again to resend link.

How long does the authorization link last? Does it seriously only last for less than ten minutes?

Have we arrived in a world where people have no computer besides their phone anymore?

>It lowers their running cost and increases revenue through increased Nitro sales, how is that not immediately obvious?
That's hilarous, Nitro sales must be absolute shit. I've not seen more than several people with the thing on a 9000 man server. It wasn't even part of the service for more than a year. There's nothing essential that warrants Nitro to be purchased.

>and gives examples that would include VOIP if it was covered, but do not
Voice data is still data. Data is used as general unit because any new features would else have to be specified in the terms of service each time they were added, such as video, which isn't a stable practise with long term benifits.
>You would need to seriously twist the meaning of "upload", ignore the examples they give which box in what they mean
Sending any data at any rate is upload. I don't know why you think voice data can't be uploaded.
>Except they say what they share the data for, and that does not include sale.
Are you this much of a naive moron?
>By redpill you mean lies it seems.
Go back to Sup Forums.

>about to cross the street
Sup Forums:
>STOP user A CAR US COMING!
you:
>WTF, stop disliking my death

Meant to quote

>But no, that's actually just incredibly standard boilerplate which indemnifies them from potential frivolous lawsuits.
Exactly right. It is incredibly standard. It does indemnify them from "frivolous" lawsuits which they will "vigorously defend." And it is still true that this boilerplate does NOT say that the companies they share the information with will not in turn sell that information to others. Because of course they do.