pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Help please! 1, 2 or 3?

>Premium ABS Edition
No, stop it.

They all look ugly, but 2 is the least ugliest of all. We explained this.

1 but the cyan text should be beige. Alternatively get Miami like the other user said, yours all look bad.

how about none

? I use notepad++ and sublime. Good to know what you use Pajeet.

Okay. The wire to buy this or leave white under the color of the case?

>I use notepad++ and sublime
You can keep pretending that those are actually productive, or ditch the arrow keys and use a real editor like Vim.

>he's too poor to afford $200 keycaps

I use a vim addon on sublime time to time.

>pretending that those are actually productive, or ditch the arrow keys and use a real editor like Vim.
>real editor like Vim.
How would I even pretend to be productive when I am actually doing work with them? Was that a freudian slip? Vim is useful for coding, but once you hit legacy code and clusters of data a mouse helps.

Also... vim lets u use arrow keys as well... so I don't get the point of the argument.

is that supposed to be some sort of abstract dildo?

>best keycaps
>best layout
>best keyboard
How can you even compete?

>ABS keycaps
I guess if you like your keyboard shining in 3 yrs, that is ok.

>How can you even compete?
By knowing the person that posted that picture has shit taste.

>no hack button
are you even trying

its a weapon you dum dum

nu-male wojak keycap when my fellow redditors

I want a real SP SA keycap set so bad but I'm probably just going to buy some maxkey because groupbuys are ridiculous.

>These layouts
Alot of bitch hands typists in this thread.

Why hack when you can geek hack? 40% are nice but I really need those numbers.

>muh big buy hands

>muh small manlet hands

The keys are the same size you absolute nitwit.

Glad to see there are other men here. Unlike all the other tiny hand soy boys
pic related

>wah I don't want a tkl or full keyboard cause it is too big for my small hands.

holy fuck is that real? Is there switches under it?

how new are you?

yes it's real, you can even buy similar switches if you want

if you ever get a job at a real software company you'll quickly find out people real ides and not vim

How much of a manlet are you? Serious question.

This is the novel keys big switch isn't it.

>The goddamn "coding in vim makes me a good coder" meme was taken literally.
I fucking hate this place. Filled with kids now.

yup. they even work too so if you wanna build a normal sized keyboard with them you can

im 1,84m meaning not manlet at all, how about you?

>under 2m
>not a manlet

;)

1.84manlet sounds like a manlet still.

I've got some bad news for you user

Ok last time I'll ask
magicforce or drevo gramr for cheap chink mechanical keyboard
leaning towards former because even though I'll be cucked out of an F row I wont worry about a shitty chink wire making me throw out the whole board when it eventually dies

Nice tacticool font

magicforce uses standard keycaps so you can easily replace the garbage that it comes with, plus it comes with way more switch options like gaterons

Oh and I fucking hate the font on both but all the cheap keyboard have that shit.

is it true that manlets buy reduced size keyboards because their small feminine hands can't reach the keys?

I got some autistic researchers looking into it, but current tests confirm that there is some correlation

magicforce are pretty solid. Only problem is that a cherry profile spacebar does not work well with them

I want to see this printed on those diy PCBs, and name it soyboard

I don't want to waste desk space on useless keys.

is it true that manlets have such reduced income that they can't afford a desk bigger than 30 cm by 30 cm and need to shrink the size of all their belongings to match their poverty?

how is an average size manlet, explain your self anons

I have big, hairy [spoiler]arab[/spoiler] hands and I want a small keyboard just so it fits in a bag and on a small library desk better.
Honestly I doubt I would even change the caps. The cheapest set I can find is like 20 bucks, and I can put that towards a trackball mouse. I'll just tolerate the font

Reddit get out

lol check out this muggle

yes that's correct

the real reason is that they're autists and think it looks cool, the same reason keycucks do 99% of their retarded purchases

This to be honest.

SA and DSA caps are a bitch to type on, but the only reason they are popular is because they look cool

a weapon to fend of fags?

SA is literally perfect, the best typing experience I've ever had.

This dude isn't even 1 ft tall

>K-On!
What's this, 2010?

NO IM NOT A MUGGLE!! NO!!!!

Masterpieces stand the test of time, user. I'll be watching keions when I'm 80.

Should I get RGB Pok3r, or regular? I really like the colored keycaps on the regular and never use RGB. But places aren't restocking the regular for a while it seems.

I don't find backlit keyboard to be all that useful anymore, except maybe on a laptop.
>But places aren't restocking the regular for a while it seems
There's a bunch of mechanicalkeyboards

Why is this thread so anti-diy

most of the boards here are standard manufactured crap

you also hate memeboards

I can't seem to find any PBT. MK has been restocking RGB the regular has been out of stock for about two months now.

diy keyboards are shit, they cost more and are way worse

if you want to diy make cool stuff not shitty inferior meme keyboards

there's no hobby lamer than making keyboards

>Should I get RGB
no

Why are mechanical keyboards so fucking small and missing the keypad? The keys seem to be smaller and they are frequently closer together (less spaced out). Also the lack of keypad is a deal breaker. Any makers of mechanical keyboards that design for people with big hands and long fingers?

yea any full size layout, get topres if you're not gay also

But I just restored an old Samsung like last week. And I got some keycaps off a General Radio in retrobright right now.

>Why are mechanical keyboards so fucking small and missing the keypad?
Get one with a numpad then

>they cost more
not an argument
>and are way worse
not an argument

all DIY hobbies cost more than the mas manufactured products and are of less quality because people don't have the required tools or the skills to manufacture an injected mold just for 1 keyboard.

>if you want to diy make cool stuff not shitty inferior meme keyboards
>there's no hobby lamer than making keyboards
not an argument

keep not arguing you manlet

Need about 96 yellows for my new board, where can I get cheap ones that allow RedditGimmickBullshit as well.

Considering kbdfans but the pack of 90 doesnt say smd or rgb

has anyone tried kailh speed navy

does it have the same actuation point problem as the kailh bronze?

Soon, but for real this time.

at an ONR research lab i interned at my electrical engineering phd boss used notepad++ for the SDRs we used

Buy a full-sized keyboard then you dumb fuck. Did you think that nobody uses Cherry switches outside of 60% meme boards?

I do, what problem we talking about?

user is an idiot. notepad++ is amazing for how fast it opens and how many language it supports.

I'm making my own numpad, someday, but the main hurdle is deciding on the arrangement of extras and getting the plate cut. Also been playing around with the layout editor to see if I can't fix my gripes with usual keyboard layouts, but that's not something I'm going to pursue yet.

But, most visitors are just in need of persuasion away from the typical consumer trash. Can't really push them toward diy since pcbs that don't require soldering aren't readily available yet, plates aren't very versatile, and case selection is limited to shitty sandwiches or $150 cnc'd aluminum.

can't wait for my #gamergirl keyboard

>not solarized
>garbage case

>>not solarized
It is though

>The keys seem to be smaller and they are frequently closer together (less spaced out).
No, they factually aren't.

solarized as in the white alphas

Yeah I wish I had gotten the white alphas, my pictures make them look worse but they're still pretty yellow.

Kdbfans is the right place to buy cheap gaterons. You can just ask them if its smd or not.

stop posting this normie anime

>bought a 62g zealios keyboard
>Had an issue where one of their keys were not working
>Request a refund
>idiot accidentally gives me my money back without me sending it back yet
>begging me to send it back and emails me a shipping label
Bitch is lucky that I am a nice guy

Scissor switch chiclet type keyboards are objectively more ergonomic and easier to type on.
Mechanical keyboards are more durable and has a nice feeling pressing down the keys.
>more durable
but so expensive that you could change and use less durable keyboards for a longer time, therefore not an actual advantage
>nice feel
I really like it, I have three mechanical keyboards and I'm using them since 2010 now
but it's less ergonomic. The longer keystroke is more tiring, and actually slows down typing, and your hands will start to hurt faster. The longer keystroke also means a slightly longer time to press them, which is actually a disadvantage in games.

Mechanical keyboards are literally just marketing bullshit.
This is not bait. I'm selling all my mechs and buying chiclet keyboards this week.
There's a huge difference when you're programming for 8 hours.

>which is actually a disadvantage in games.
Stop being a gaming faggot
>programming
KEK

>There's a huge difference when you're programming for 8 hours.
And not posting your hhkb on Sup Forums all day every day.

yeah well i'm not a loser programmer

>nice feeling pressing down the keys
This is pretty much the only reason I like mechs. They won't make you a faster typer or gamer or whatever. They just on comfy.

Also what scissor switch keyboard you recommend?

>Stop being a gaming faggot
I'm not, it's just funny that it's the gamer market where they're pushing it so hard right now.

does the speed navy have the problem where the actuation point is much higher than where the tactile spring gives way?

put another way does it actuate before the tactile bump?

There aren't many because there isn't a huge market (yet) for them sadly.
I haven't tried most of the cheap ones.
For the expensive ones, apple keyboards, microsoft keyboards (surface keyboard, designer desktop, sculpt (muh ergonomic meme)), matias keyboards are all high quality and you cannot go wrong.
Dell has some scissor switch cheap ones, I tried a wired one in IKEA and it actually felt pretty nice, but you could tell it was cheap.

not that I know of, but I don't have it front of me right now, but thicker clickbar makes it harder to press down initially, unlike lighter springs of the bronze. There is alot of resistance before I can push it down.

>Scissor switch chiclet type keyboards are objectively more ergonomic and easier to type on.
giv me scissor switches to build a keyboard with them or a site where to buy some decent ones

you do realize that a thin mechanical keyboard variant is now avaliable right? These are scissor switches on roids. They feel great.

Look for low profile keyboard.