BoC vs Autechre

who and why

hint: BoC is better

ae shit all over boc lmao r u kidding me?
i mean boc are good but ae are another level completely.
look at seans face... u can tell he takes his artistry EXTREMELY seriously... no compromise at all with that man, he will go to any lengths to see his dreams realised. he stays focused in the face of adversity and refuses to pander to anyone. look at his face. boc are missing that. they gave up after TCH. they said what they had to say. ae haven't run out of things to say. they keep on marching forward. i'll ask u again to look at sean's face. he wants to become a god in electronic music. he wants to become a legend. someone people will be talking about hundreds of years from now. he has dedicated his life to making sure his art will stand the test of time, long after he leaves this earth. you have to admit that he's done a good job of that so far. i think it's a safe assumption that sean will be talked about for generations. boc doesn't really have that lasting appeal or legendary status in-the-making. sean is taking electronic music to a level most people can not comprehend. everyone else in the field still has their training wheels on. sean shook his off over 2 decades ago - think about that. look at sean's face and try to tell me he still has his training wheels on. you can't do it. no boundaries for sean. in fact we might as well stop referring to seans' art as "music" altogether because "music" is just so limiting. sean is creating something else. you know it when you hear it. you're not listening to music when you listen to ae. you're listening to sean's unbridled determination to make planet earth a more culturally and intellectually enlightened place than when he first set foot here.

BOC by a mile

kill yourself tripfag

Definitely Autechre.
They're much more interesting imo.
BoC has it's moments too though.

Also, I don't get why people keep comparing them. I don't think their music's that similar tbqh.

BoC, they sound better.

For once I agree with Montie

ceephax > ae > afx

Aphex Twin is better than all of them so who cares?

I think ae have said it was sort of their intention that people would make their own playlists from all the quaristice + versions + quadrange tracks.

boc is more human and ae is like a machine.

Autechre. Lots more output to enjoy, it's a lot more detailed and more of a brainfuck.

Autechre, easily.

I've only heard a few songs, so I'm asking to get educated, but isn't Boards of Canada a bit eh... babby's first electronic music? I was under the impression that it's considered kinda Tumblr-core

>a-am I cool yet, g-guys?

BoC is straight up sleep inducing

Sorry, Autechre didn't releases pic related, imo BOC are 10000 times better.

did Boards of Canada release this?

no.

This.

already is a god

Obviously BoC

what about rob

Vsnares > Boc > ceephax > afx > ae

i just listened to it, and it def is babbys first idm XD

BoC has higher highs imo, but Autechre have been more interesting as stated. And they release more than one project per decade. Apples and oranges, sorry for the non-answer