Why is the eastcoast the only part of the United states with good internet infrastructure?

Why is the eastcoast the only part of the United states with good internet infrastructure?

>above 4mbit
Why isn't it % above 20mbit

Its just used as a baseline for some reason

Higher population density.

How is 100MBps peak "good"?

~1Gbps sustained is higher residential tier, ~10Gbps globally rare residential.

Do these even mean unlimited symmetric internet?

As in: People who have these can realistically keep sending / receiving 10Mbps or 25Mbps with not terribly much fluctuation during the day?

Having 50MBps on LTE isn't that great if it ends at the 500MB mark and then is reduced to 1MBps, never mind that it was never more than 0.5MBps upstream anyhow.

t. 0.0001% of the human population

fucked the image up

Ah, "average" peak connection speed, not available peak connection speed.

Yea sure - even where you can get symmetrical gbit, most people didn't bother to switch from their already fast connections.

t. that will be 5000 burgers :DD

Massachusetts here
1 Gbps up/down for $70 a month

ISP? What city do you live in?

Unmetered? That's how it should be.

This. I get 120mb/s in the northeast US and I still consider it to be garbage. 500mb/s is my threshold for actually good.

Pretty much this.

Also the reason for countries that get memed so much about having average internet connection speeds that beat the US like South Korea and Hong Kong. If about 50% of your population lives in one city stuffed in large high rises, it's easy to deliver fast connections to so many people.

I'm more interested in what the average internet speed of the rural areas of these countries are.

So why doesn't burgerland have symmetrical GBit for $70 in any somewhat dense/large city?

Maybe it has some relationship to overloaded but rarely expanded sewers, rusting inadequate gas lines, poorly maintained tunnels/bridges/streets, ancient overloaded public transit, and even collapsed bridges that don't get replaced for decades... just saying.

see

>Why is the eastcoast the only part of the United states with good internet infrastructure?
It's where the majority of the jews live

my mom is a bull dyke.

One place vs. any place with, say >80k people at a density of maybe 1500 per square kilometer (which is surely enough to make wiring places up with fiber worthwhile because you obviously only need to run like 30 meters per person on average, but actually still lower than what a corresponding square kilometer of modern higher intensity agriculture can feed without any super fancy means)?

I'm almost there and I live in NJ suburb. I used to get 850+ mpbs up/down consistently, but lately download is a little down, verizon probably jewed me by slitting the line among a bunch of different customers so other people are using up the downstream. Still really fast though so I can't complain much.

Floridian here. 25Mbps $45/mo. Only provider in condo. Property Managers won't allow anyone else in.

North Carolinian here
$80/mo
18 down, 3-5 up.

Niggers in section 8s and pharma faggots are getting google or at&t fiber for free or dirt cheap.

Yes, it's a constant speed throughout the year not counting the VERY occasional (maybe once yearly) maintenance.

Australia here
Pay $100 a month for 100mbs down but get 80 at most.

Those are literally all due to shitskins straining the welfare system to the breaking point and starving governments of the budget to do much else. If we just fucking killed everyone who failed the paper bag test our GDP would double.