Low-cpu music player for window$

I like to listen to music while I play muh gaymes but I have a really shitty CPU bottlenecking my fps, and I need as many frames as I can get so I close everything but the game. I used to use chrome for music but the botnet likes to use 25% CPU for no reason and WMP still uses too much CPU for my taste. What is the most lightweight, super cpu-efficient music player for Windows? Don't care about memory usage.

I always used Audacious, tho it seems like foobar2000 is the strongest meme on Sup Forums

>gaymes

>thread isnt about gaymes
>just gave the reason for needing efficient use of cpu

Play it on your phone?

Foobar 2000

Im using VLC 3.0 right now and it is using 1%.

I'm not sure if it's the absolute lowest CPU usage, but I used to use old versions of winamp (2.95 I believe is the last good really old good version) on really shitty netbooks and stuff and it was very low on CPU. only issue you might have is you might need a couple plugins for playing FLAC or more obscure formats.

just use an old version of winamp, or the actual ones of xmplay or even foobar2000 (but keep in mind that any visualisations will raise your cpu load)

AIMP is also fast and universal, currently using version 3, didn't bother to update. Task manager shows 0%

Seconding these, winamp is great. Even version 5.666 runs fine on my t40 with a 1gig of ram and a 2003 era pentium. No problems with plugins either on 5.666, it will definitely play mp3, flac, and it also plays m4a, wav, ogg and others I'm pretty sure. Quick and easy to install, low footprint especially with the older styled skins. Highly recommend it OP

Coolplayer is old and pretty efficient

MPC-BE

If you're THAT worried about performance either upgrade your system or play music off a pmp/phone

ffplay?

Spotify Desktop my dude

>codecpack.co/download/Billy.html
this is still the no.1 no-bloat-player for the desktop. it's so lightweight. it almost doesn't exist.
>no tag support, organizes by file structure
>100% gapless
>supports mp3, ogg, flac
>supports drag-n-drop

Audacious

probably not going to use it, but I'm curious, how would you make a playlist for ffplay?
just drag a folder onto some .bat:
>for /r %1 %%G in (*) do ffplay -hide_banner -showmode 1 -autoexit -i "%%G"
or might it be better to create a .txt dump with the file paths and use:
>ffplay -f concat -safe 0 -i flist.txt -autoexit
just personal preference, would be my guess, probably not any noticeable difference

just looked it up, foobar uses .2% of my cpu if not less

there is no way in hell you are losing even 1 fps playing music with it.

I used AIMP to listen to music ever since I found it, it has been working perfectly ever since.