>Just use Signal bruh
>just get on GroupMe bruh
>Just use Riot bruh
>Just use Line bruh
>Just use Matrix bruh
>Just use Slack bruh
>Just use Viber bruh
>just use SMS bruh

WHERE THE HELL DID ALL THIS GARBAGE COME FROM?

>JUST

BRUH

>SMS and IRC
These two are not like the rest.

Nothing wrong with IRC

Is IRC secure?

As secure as you make it.

IRC solved this problem decades ago for PCs, and SMS did for phones. Everything else on that list basically exists because the subhuman retards that now constitute a majority of the """computer""" market are too dumb to figure out IRC.

Why hasn't someone made IRC grandma-friendly yet

They have. There are plenty of clients available for that.

>IRC
>good

literally lol. servers need to be set up as a cycle free graph because of how garbage the protocol and the ircd's are. all you need is one dead server to literally split the network.

even fucking XMPP can have redundant paths. honestly xmpp is the real answer to all this retarded shit.

The people we're talking about don't understand the difference between a client, a server, a protocol, and an implementation. No matter how shiny, an IRC client will expose some of this to the user because networks are independent of each other. That makes dumb users rage quit. You would not believe the problems I've had trying to explain IRC to normies.

This left a market opening for the kiked up siloed proprietary platforms, which is now backfiring as seen in the OP. Matrix is the way forward, especially once e2e crypto gets polished up.

>not using talk or write
Fucking plebeians everywhere

XMPP had a decade to solve the problem and just made things worse. At least with IRC there's a standard set of things clients can be expected to do.

Easy for a Sup Forums user is not the same as easy for a grandma. Can you use those clients to send someone a message just like you would send an sms message?

Yes in the sense that it needs to be directed towards that person within the confines of the method.

Couldn't someone just make an IRC client that automatically sets up a server and subdomain for the user? I know that people would still have to enter in domain names to join other servers, but whatever people have been using phone numbers for really long now

Web IRC clients do usually work this way.

I really hope Discord wins over all. Discord id the best IM I've ever used. The biggest problem is that it markets to "gamers." This isn't going to win over boomers still on Skype.

In USA SMS is almost always unlimited but in other countries it's not the case. SMS costs a significant amount of money so everybody downloads Line or WhatsApp and IMs for way less money than a text would cost.

Not this garbage threAd again. Just fucking use them you cuck

>IRC
>RIOT
>MATRIX
>SIGNAL
>Garbage

just send it to the mailing list bro

discord is still an organizational mess which only really gamers want to deal with
slack has the same problem (although handles it better than discord) but it's mitigated again because the core demographic are those who are tech savvy enough

Nobody uses those except for the occasional autist. Everybody is on WhatsApp. In Western Europe, you have to have whatsapp in order to chat.

>the biggest problem is that it markets to gamers
That's your problem, instead of the fact it sells your info to a bunch of pajeets? Instead of the fact it's a completely proprietary closed source program? Instead of the fact that even ignoring that, its servers are almost as unstable and messy as my life? Just use Matrix bruh

only autistic faggots care about privacy

nothing to hide, nothing to fear

>unstable and messy as my life? Just use Matrix bruh
I wonder if there's something here...

>Kik
Lol, It's full of nignogs on obamaphones who don't pay for SMS, underageb& thots and pedophiles. Just the thought of kik makes me lol.

>nothing to hide, nothing to fear
>you spot the totalstatist cuckold you lose

What you want to hide depends who you want to hide from. I, for one, wouldnt want an incompetent, foreign (or not) government to have my info. Besides, the mere fact that they have it means everyone with the tools can steal it and hurt me.

Why not use Surespot? It's simple and does not require email or phone number ti sign in

>>Just use WhatsApp bruh
I got an email just today from a friend for this. We already have a Discord chat for our friend group.

Just use Tox bruh

Who wants to talk to a bunch of Muslims anyway?

>SMS
totally unencrypted and useless

Aim
MSN
Yahoo

someone give me the rundown on mumble

You missed Hipchat, the first choice of companies that are already using Jira and Confluence.

voice chat is for normalfags

Back in the days of teamspeak and ventrilo the client was a free download but server side cost you a license on top of hosting. Mumble is free through and through, uses good codecs, and can be encrypted.

have you ever heard of a little thing called "identity theft", user?

>tfw whatsapp got ZUCCED

>skype
for 11 year olds or people without better chat utils.
>whatsapp
for chatting with foreign girls
>messenger
normie trash
>wechat
for chatting with chinese girls
>hangouts
botnet chat, still better than skype
>discord
for children and gaymerfags
>wire
"secure"
>snapchat
normie trash
>IRC
most open source dev groups use this, it is good but requires you to understand how to configure it properly. probably the best here if youre not a brainlet
>imessage
applefags only
>jabber
IRC's autistic brother, with more features that help you be an annoying prick
>kik
black people and middle schoolers
>pidgin
isnt this just a jabber client?
>signal
"secure", still better than wire if both people have signal
>groupme
microsoft® botnet™
>riot
gross
>line
gross
>matrix
promising but not good enough yet
>slack
IRC but proprietary for people who cannot into configuring IRC
>viber
reds and other varieties of commie
>sms
dead meme

Nice, bro, what is my grade?

How do I enter a number or username and send a direct message to someone using irc?

Ever consider not living in a shit country on a shit continent?

no,need,to,be,a,cunt

fuck off pedo

Use the best option available and when there's a better one, collectively switch to it.

Don't let security hold back by normies.

It's all text tho. Can't someone make a big client that can communicate using all mainstream protocols and API?
I know you can slack via IRC.
It would be bloated and monstruous but it'd definitely be federating.

Where I live SMS is basically free yet nobody is using that deprecated garbage anymore.

> not explaining what the actual problem with any of these is in your post
welcome to 'trolling on Sup Forums with minimal effort 101'

Only retarded boomers still use Skype
WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, Line are regional, you only need one
Only shitty Silicon Valley startups use Slack or GroupMe
No one uses Snapchat as a primary messenger.
Only 12 year olds and paedophiles use Kik
No one uses Hangouts, Wire, IRC, Jabber, Pidgen, Signal, Riot, Matrix or Viber

What do we have left?
Discord, iMessage (hardly counts), and a regional messenger or SMS. Wow, you're complaining about nothing.

Pidgin can connect to almost anything.

Dumb tranny poster

You forgot all those instances of a lower case J in the word 'just'.

if you actually have nothing to hide you should probably kill yourself because you are boring and useless

> just think for yourself bruh

You should cut all relations with people who says "bruh". You don't want to be associated with a failure, now do you?

The average person uses probably 3-4 of those. No one is using all of them stop being autistic user

This.

Me and my mates use Viber I don't remember when or why it started but the group message thats been running for like 4 years is on there.

Also Skype for business is widely used.

I am personally offended by your inconsistent writing
FUCKING DECIDE, USE Just OR just
Also that "get on" is even stranger, why not use "use" just like in every other line

>ImAgINe BEing tHIs AuTisTIC

do you even know what autism is? piss off to Sup Forums you fucking brainlet, i'm willing to bet your vocabulary is more limited than a five year old

>associate with Euros
>have to use whatsapp
this is what i get
this is why you never talk to euros

Not him but
*five year old's

You must be some kind of neckbeard freak to say something like that

>iMaGinE beING ThiS oFfenDED

>another thread full of manchildren upset about change and the existence of new things
great contribution op

That's actually a great idea, reverse engineer the other apps and then steal all of their users by offering communication between every single client all in one place.

>new things
you do realize that the thing OP is complaining about is that they're all the same damn shitty thing
back to reddot you go

>competition is bad goy

bro y u hate apps

competition is good when it creates better products, not when it brings us back years
this is just saturating the fucking market with useless bullshit that normies will fight about

Get cracking, I'll make the logo.

What adult uses Kik? Other than the 'no rules' pedophiles on Sup Forums and the FBI

That's basically what Matrix does. There are bridges to IRC, Slack, and a bunch of other shit.

If Microsoft would have just fixed the IP leaking issues with Skype much much earlier than they did, I think a lot of people would have never adopted Discord. Skype is a very nice application apart from that. Getting Skype for Web out of beta would have seriously helped too. Too late for that now though, and they'll probably never make an attempt at fixing Skype's flaws as long as they have Skype for Business.

this fucking thread everyday

I don't think that (IP issue) has nearly the amount of weight that you place on it.
Simply put: a new thing came around that looked shinier and did more, so people left.

It takes a tremendous amount of foresight and a really fucking good team to recognize a competitor is always around the corner that will find ways to undercut you, and countering that without becoming a bloated monster.