>this can't be normal
>I'm gonna jump online to see how I could solve th--
>SCREEN TEARING WHILE SCROLLING

Dropped.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he fell for the KDE meme

>i'm too retarded to check the default refresh rate vs my monitor's refresh rate

Screen tearing can be fixed through the compositor settings.

>he fell for the Linux meme

Install compton. Replace the XFCE compositor with it.

either
enable your gpus vsync
or
use your compositor
or
ger firefox - it doesn't have tearing :^)
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198

>system preferences
>screen and monitor
>compositor
>enable v-sync if disabled
How fucking hard can that be? are people really this retarded?

>Katie Konqueror

mfw that screencap

i think that it tears because ubuntu is still using the older x driver system. i dont have this issue on gentoo because it does not use the legacy driver.

>Dropped.
Dropped.

That person and everyone like him are the literal reason the year of desktop Linux will never arrive.

Lots of shitty old hardware using the Radeon driver only works with TearFree and ShadowPrimary enabled. Maintainers do not automatically enable these options because they are faggots.

works on my x220

I see that as a good thing

>Katie profile image
Congratulations on the (you)s.

if you googled your problem before rushing on Sup Forums to shitpost you'll probably already fix your problem, I use KDE since like 5 years and never had any issue about screen tearing outside of the optimus one which affect every DE btw and can be solve since like 1-2 years

well now you don't understand
that's not the point of x11r6-land

>can't set up his compositor

literally how new

>Needing to setup anything
Fuck off to retardoland with your proprietary shitware.

>people will use Gnome if I spend my day shitposting on all KDE thread

tell me more about the Linux standar DE my friend...

The fuck are you talking about goober? No modern DE has shit tearing with drivers that properly implement dri3.

> That person and everyone like him are the literal reason the year of desktop Linux will never arrive.
The way of thinking they have has always been part of Linux philosophy from its very beginning, as you can see in Linus Torvalds' first mail about the Linux kernel project... They are genuine ellitists who despite common users and feel like some sort of obscure magicians because of the "MUH TERMINAL COMMAENDS" and "NICE SCREEN TEARING ON YOUR BLOATED DE RETARDZ" memes. Indeed there haven't been nor will ever be a Linux year...

>i have no idea what a compositor is or does, sorry

fpbp

>SCREEN TEARING
but KDE is the only DE that actually lets you disable it because you can enable vsync. If you use anything mutter based as the compositor, you get screen tearing everywhere and nothing can be done.

I use KDE (fedora) and this user is 100% correct. If we can't see how needing to set things up on a fucking DE where the whole point is things are set up so we don't have to set things up, we have really lost our way and need to check ourselves.