At what age did you acept that macOS is the best OS ever made

At what age did you acept that macOS is the best OS ever made.

Basically a Linux distro because its UNIX architecture, with the support and some of the popularity of Windows.

There's literally no reason to hate on Mac, besides probably the hardware. But that's why you buy a Apple notebook and a Windows PC.

it was around the time i realized gay love is the purest form of love

>There's literally no reason to hate on Mac,
godawful UI filled with animations

16 yo same just after I lost my virginity

That's true, but the UI and animations are still better than they are on Windows.

No, the problem isn't that the animations are bad, its that they're present at all. Same with transparency. Don't get me started on that "dock" bullshit. Linux is your only option for a decent UI now, ever since MS removed Windows Classic in 8.

Apple is gay.

>linux
>decent UI
tasty bait but I won't bite. Not this time kiddo

Just installed my brand new HS AMD hackintosh and I'm in love.

epic XD

I bought a mac the minute I came out of the closet.

Lucifer wills it

enjoy your AIDS

It was around the time I saw this ad.

2005 was the peak of Apple for professionals. It's all gone iPhone from there on out. What a fucking shame.

At what age did you accept that macs are fruity toddler toys for technology illiterate children and get a PC?

Aren't they still shipping really ancient shit like GCC 2.95 because they won't touch anything GPL3?

Animations are great -- they communicate what the UI is doing.
For example, the genie animation when you minimize a window communicates where on the UI your window is going to go.
If I have many windows minimized, it might not be immediately apparent where a minimized window ended up without the animation.

>they communicate what the UI is doing.
They communicate back the command you just gave the UI?

Also they're a great way to make a fast computer feel sluggish, since the animation takes time. "smooth scrolling" is a great example of this. Turn all the damn tinsel off, it's not only not needed but actively distracting. The UI should be getting and staying out of my way as much as possible, and Apple's does just the opposite.

I have to admit, that pic is moderately clever

Animations are the reason the iOS calculator can't do 1+2=3

Yes.
Communication relies on feedback.
Try giving your boss a blank stare when he's talking to you instead of occasionally shooting back a "mm" or "mmhm" or nod of your head.
The animation helps confirm you actually minimized -- the window just disappearing is ambiguous, it could mean the window closed or the window minimized. The animation clarifies that.

Or another example, Mission Control on the Mac -- the animation that transitions to that tells you where your current window is.

These are all things you can probably figure out yourself, but it eases the mental burden if the computer is just putting it in your face instead of requiring you to routinely go seek out the information you wanted.

>t. mactoddler

shut up faggot

>Linux
>Almost exclusively tries to be MacOS
>Better option

mfw

How clever

>Basically a Linux distro because its UNIX architecture
What did he mean by this?

I have a Mac mini someone gifted me a few years ago, I use it as a home server/personal cloud. I keep it switched on in a corner of my house, and have four 2TB HDDs attached to it. If I am working from one of my other machines, or at work, I can just scp files across to it from terminal and then ssh into it and transfer the files to whatever HDD I want. It's a really useful system.

That said I could do the exact same thing on a small set up using Ubuntu, but it goes to prove that the Mac mini is superior to a Windows machine at least.

What's your opinion on snazzy labs, Sup Forums?

>Cute anime girls
>mean text
WHY

Fuck
You

S O Y
O
Y

and horrible window management

Report.

at the age when i can actually use it on non apple hardware without hacking it

>people still willingly use an a 64 bit os with a 32bit kernel that is hacked together from the worst parts of no longer maintained open source projects that have been replaced with better ones

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I love that ad but I dunno if 2005 was the peak - if anything, it was the rising action, because everything before Tiger was shit. I'd say they peaked around the time of Snow Leopard - sure, iOS was in full swing by then but OS X was finally mature and not trying to merge with iOS yet.

That being said, I still gladly use modern OS X despite its annoyances in recent years. I can only tolerate Windows, don't particularly enjoy using it.

The superior "UI" options available on Linux are exactly what drove me to MacOS.

>Because its UNIX architecture
It's a derivative of BSD that no longer resembles the original.
Just because it has basic POSIX commands and a terminal doesnt make it UNIX.

Unironically this, but only if it's between two cute girls.

Its becoming harder and harder to debug and fix issues in macOS. Ubuntu was just as bad if not worse, but ever since I've moved to Solus I've had next to zero issues and when I do encounter something strange its incredibly easy to fix and the people in charge of the distro are happy to help

Also Terminal.app crashes on me randomly when I print to much to it overtime. How the fuck is that acceptable?

I'm using a hackintosh now, and I have two issues... both stemming from Apple's fuckups with the actual Mac Pro.

1-GPU performance is lower, like 20% or so. From my Titan Xp I get 1080GTX levels of performance

2-Because using a proper GPU in a mac is now a hack-only affair, libraries like Tensorflow dropped mac support.

Two years ago I would have agreed with OP, I'd gradually stopped using the linux partition on my macbook pro and realised I no longer really needed it. But today, I need linux back again for my work. The DE still is shittier but at least they're getting better while nothing got better in MacOS since Snow Leopard.

You cant trust anything you do so you need constant feedback? This is sad

interface looks nice, functionally it's even worse than Linux, around BSD level

NT is still the best

>At what age did you acept that macOS is the best OS ever made.
When I was 12. I still use it. I am 19 1\2 years old btw

>t. mactoddler

Snow Leopard was a supreme masterpiece, at least in terms of visual design, macOS nowadays looks as gay as the Apple CEO. (With all respect to gay Sup Forums users, I apologize for comparing you to Apple).

>fagOS
>masterpiece

Why would you ever pay ridiculous prices for anything made by apple on top of being even more restricted than using a normal PC/laptop with windows? A linux distro on a computer is much better, then if you're having too many issues with wine or VMs and you absolutely need to use a windows program natively you can and should use it.
It's not even about money which by the way is a very important factor because the vast majority of people do care about the price of stuff.
Apple is only succesful because of dumb people and marketing.

Enjoy your Windows' ads and/or your Asperger Ganoo plus Loonix bash console

35. I got a macbook air from a friend for Xmas. I was going to just install Linux on it and call it a day, but I actually decided to give macOS a fair go, and I love it. Everything I used in Linux is available via macports and/or homebrew, plus I can run commercial software natively instead of using WINE and having to fuck with it for hours.

>besides probably the hardware.
Yeah, I'm done with Intel CPUs for the time being.

Shitty keyboards and hw, so never.

>can't
Couldn't. Can now.

>top
>6.7%

you can disable transparency and change the animation you know

yeah great... I have to wait 5 seconds until errors or suggestions show up, but hey, at least they show up with a fancy ass animation.
Fuck you apple people. Fuck every single one of you.

*in XCode btw.

sure, $500 for a $55 RAM + $20 storage upgrade. is there an option to give them MORE money for no reason at all?

I don't know what they're like now, but my 2013 air 13" has probably the most comfy laptop keyboard I've ever used, and I've been using laptops for home and work since 1997. I'm sure there have been keyboards as good over the years, as I did have quite a few thinkpads in the IBM days, but I can't think of any that were better than my mba. One of the plethora of reasons I won't upgrade to a newer Mac is that I'm afraid the keyboard won't be as good, nor the trackpad. I'm tri-booting macOS 13.3.3, Arch and windows 10 and I'm able to set up the trackpad to function perfectly in all three, where every other laptop I've had to use an external mouse or deal with a really shit trackpad if it wasn't a thinkpad with a touchpoint.

Poo in the fucking loo iPajeet.

>Implying pajeets don't shill microshaft garbage
Not a poo in loo. I am part Jamal though.

>Basically a Linux distro because its UNIX architecture
I don't think you know what architecture means. Anyway, GNU shares no code in common with Unix. None whatsoever. Richard Stallman has never even used Unix to this day.

>minor problem appears in iOS
>is only there for a few days before it's patched
>Sup Forums still memes the hell out of it almost a year later
this is just sad

>this is just sad
Go easy... it's all they've got.

gosh darn nerds, they just won't quit!

best OS minus the shitty window management

>b-but muh window management!!1!
macOS' window management isn't even that different to Windows.

>doesn't know how to use cmd+tab and cmd+~

Sorry, mate, but floating window managers suck.

>HS
I’m sorry you couldn’t get a Sierra installer.
That is why you’re using HS, right? You wouldn’t use it for literally any other reason.