All gayming aside:

All gayming aside:
Would you buy a 34 inch Ultrawide monitor for $350 if the only con it had was that it's 1080p? I'm pretty tempted.
>Those bezels are ridiculous I need one

That's a huge con

No, that's a television not a monitor.

I'd pass on that shit-tier resolution Ultrameme display.

absolutetly no. bare minimum is 1440p over 27inch

Dell ultrawides have tiny bezels and good resolution.

Don't listen to the fuckheads, op. I've got one as my secondary and it's fine

Had it. Bezels are fake on the image, far larger. Fucking hated it and sold it to $50 to some faggot. ThinkVision lyfe.

Alright how about this one?
>34 inch
>1440p
>Curved
>Wireless charger at the base
It's like $850 though...

Wireless charger at the base is meh. If you can find one even if not curved for

the stand looks like some fucking plastic that breaks with one bump

Vesa mounts my nigga

Absolutelt not.
1080p is a dead meme
1440p ultrawide is basically a cut down 4k panel.

Don’t know of any model that is 34in and 1080p. When these first came out all 34s were 1440p. But I would still buy it. Ultra wide has made working a whole lot smoother.

Not quite, that's 3840x1600. There are a couple 38" ones.

Get one of the korean monitors from ebay, there's a model (34u100 I think) that offers 3440x1440 at 100hz, can run at 144hz at 2560x1080 when gaming. I have one and had no problems, it's less than 600 usd, curved and huge

>curved and huge
So am I

yes

Yeah I would definietly consider that, if it fits well with my existing 28" display.
What model is it op?

I think I have that exact monitor.

lg 34um58-p

>would you buy a shortscreen display
no
i would not

Okay I've had a dual monitor setup for 2 years and I hate having to look to the left (to my main monitor) all day. Hurts my neck.
If you had only 24" displays and you wanted to switch to single monitor, what would be better?
>27" 16:9 (Cheaper)
or
>34" 21:9 (Longer)

I actually have another 24 incher along the 28 spoken of before. But as you can imgine they aren't beautifully compatible. This 34" display though is only 2.4 percents shorter in height than my 28", seems pretty good.

>34 inch
>1080p

LOL WTF why does this even exist? Is it a pixel viewing simulator

It's a wide panel. Pixel density is identical to 27".

>27 inch
>1080p

LOL WTF why does this even exist? Is it a pixel viewing simulator

Post pics baby

Since we're talking about making retarded monitor purchasing decisions rate my idea to buy a 30" 2560x1600 monitor for about $150 on ebay when one comes up.

I like 16:10 and I figure 2560x1600 is a good match with my 980.

>a 30" 2560x1600 monitor for about $150 on ebay
$3200 10 years ago when Apple released them.

I know. I'm planning on getting one of the higher-end ones with nice build quality if I can find it. I may also dick around with the wide gamut models since I like the Dell 2408wfp I got an auction a while back.

I have one, have the 34 inch 1080p one from LG. It's pretty good and my eyes are not great anyway. It is really good for work and multitasking while writing papers and doing research but otherwise not really an advantage.

>Those bezels are ridiculous I need one
>Those bezels are fake LG marketing
FTFY

The only standard native application of anything over 1080p are games. Virtually everything else relies on some kind of upscaling, all of which gives a markedly worse experience to simply watching 1080p with a higher quality display. Something is definitely a meme, but it is most assuredly not 1080p.

they're garbage
a 27" has more height
neck will hurt
games/movies are unwatchable/unplayable unless there's support for it, which is very rare
can't multitask while doing something fullscreen

just buy 3 monitors

>Cheaping out on your primary interface with your machine
What the fuck. You have to look at that monitor for years.
For displays, go big or go home. It's not something you're going to upgrade for years.

>games unplayable
Wrong. All the games I've tried worked just fine on my ultra wide, even old games.
Stop spreading bullshit.
Also you can crop movies to 21:9 if you use a non shit video player.

>just buy 3 monitors
>Yeah dude just spend $1500+ on three monitors what are you poor

You sound like an autist. Three monitors don't cost 1500 USD.

No shit, autist. You can play video games, but it'll look like shit because not many video games support it. Watching movies on ultrawide monitors look like shit too, because it stretches out and there's black bars.

Are you a literal retard? Gaming always works fine in my 21:9 monitor as do movies. Most movies are made in wide-screen so for 16:9 you have black bars at the top and bottom but with my monitor I always get and utilize the full screen for pretty much any movie.

>1080p
>con

Are you autistic. I'm not saying YOU CAN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES. I'm saying it'll be shit, because the entire thing will be stretched out (unless there's support for the format, which is never).

There is plenty of support for it. Most modern games support it, every game I bought in the last three years does.

I never really saw the appeal of ultrawides. I mean it only strays further from 4:3.

1:
That bezel is a scam. Here's the real bezel size of that monitor.

2:
Gaming aside, bigger resolution is the biggest fucking meme I've ever encountered. I have ZERO issues with switching back and forth between my 5" 2560*1440 and 34" 2560*1080 screens, it doesn't look worse.

>82ppi
Not looking for a downgrade.

Stop thinking of it as one wide monitor and start thinking of it as two monitors without a bezel separating them

Instead of asking here, why don't you go to a store, check one out for yourself standing at your average distance and fucking deside if it's garbage or actually good?

Decide*

Same.
But I like the bezel separation

>$350

No way Jose. 1080p at that size is just obnoxious for your eyes. I can't even stand the LG25UM55 which is what I have, which is exactly that but in 25 inch, let alone 34. I paid 160 for this and honestly I feel like I'd rather have spent more for a 2K monitor.

Don't buy it. Ultrawide is not that amazing. If you want a meme technology, 120hz is worth more in my opinion, because even when you go back to 60hz you don't lose much. With this, when you use 16:10/16:9/4:3 content you're losing out quite a bit and having a browser window on the side instead of maximizing it because otherwise it's a fuckton of wasted space and it looks weird is just shitty. There's also many, many games that don't support it and movies don't look super amazing on it anyways. Pass on this meme I tell you. I wish I did.

Well, there is a difference. There are games that have really weird ultrawide support and if you want to enjoy them at a decent framerate it's best you drop down to 1080p. At that point, a 2K monitor is better than ultrawide because at the very least you don't have obnoxious black bars, and you barely sacrifice image quality to be honest.

What did OP start with? Gaming aside
What did I start with? Gaming aside

Aight, I guess I ignored that detail. I could not understand for the life of me, "gaming aside" why would he spend money on this shit. I use some "productivity software" and to be honest I'd rather have some more vertical space.

You are correct in saying that productivity software - unless it's video editing - benefits from additional vertical space - especially working with text -, it's also weird seeing 16:9 cutscenes in games that have otherwise no issue with 21:9 and a bunch of other shit, BUT:

There's absolutely no reason to use a browser full screen, when webpages are still fitting inside a 768p screen width.

I use my 34" ultrawide in splitscreen all the time, it basically behaves as two 5:4 20" screens without a bezel between them.

most movies are actually in ultra wide format, stop spreading misinformation

the issue is that it's only really annoying when a game just doesn't support it at all. fallout 4 (terrible engine and game) doesn't support it. you can't really play it in windowed mode either because the mouse escapes the window. there is no mod to add ultrawide support. the only mod fix actually causes a new issue where quest markers never appear directly above characters heads, they stretch to the relative width of the screen and only appear above the correct location if you're directly in front of it.

i think a good 4K monitor with a high refresh rate might be a better idea.

I have fallout 4 installed and it plays on my ultrawide completely fine in a borderless window, the mouse doesn't escape at all, I need to alt+tab if I want to use my mouse outside fallout 4.

Is there a racing game that has that hud actually?

do you have the issue where caps lock minimizes the game? I was trying to figure that one out one night and couldn't solve it.

I also have the issue where the game just randomly closes. I don't know why i'm still playing this.

Wow, the hoops I needed to jump through in 2016 to play Fallout 4 in my LG 1440p ultrawide. You need certain mods and ini edits for it to support ultrawide at the basic level, even then some UIs are broken and at least for me the game crashed at startup sometimes for no reason.
And then there are those games where it doesn't support ultrawide at all, i.e Overwatch or Resident Evil 7 (not going to talk about how good or bad of a game it is).
All in all I sold my ultrawide for an IPS 4k.

the only issue I have with caps lock is it turns autorun off, so when I accidentally press it and tab out, I have to tab out again to press it again, then back to the game

Why are you doing this.

I can't play games in 16:9 anymore it doesn't feel right. Although the resolution is shit for anything other than games/movies.

I just bought an LG one for $339 at frys.

>21.5" 16:9 - 10.54" tall, 102.46 dpi @ 1080p
>27" 16:9 - 13.24" tall, 81.59 dpi @ 1080p, 108.79 dpi @ 1440p
>34" 21:9 - 13.39" tall, 80.64 dpi @ 1080p, 107.52 dpi @ 1440p
Common 16:9 and 21:9 1440p screens have pretty much the same pixel density as the average 21.5" 1080p screen, so scaling is unnecessary, while their 1080p variants have shit pixel density. The only thing that would suffer from scaling are movies, but watching movies isn't the main use of a computer monitor.

I already got three screens that can 1080p, two of which come from dumpster diving. I would not spend a dime on another one, especially not when individual pixels are size of Lego brick.

>34"; 1080p
user, no, you will regret it.
Imagine looking at monitor and seeing pixels from your usual distance. It's huge con.
That said, unless you gonna use it for movies and your mongolian cartoons and much further distance than you usually are.

its not that bad wtf

I posted this