So why exactly is it better than Signal? And telegram I guess

So why exactly is it better than Signal? And telegram I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/wireapp/wire-desktop/blob/master/package.json
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because you have to pay for it and therefore they can afford a marketing budget to shit all over Sup Forums and roddit with

Because it's in Switzerland, where EU laws keep cia niggers away, Signal does not have that privilage, telegram is a russian botnet no matter what they claim, with their closed servers
It's free

Is free and open source. Idiot

telegram doesn't have end-to-end encryption by default. It has to be enabled per conversation manually, just like facebook messenger.

Every time you close the app and open it later, you get to wait hours for your messages to decrypt before you can use it.

That's the premium version for companies, idiot.

That's teams for companies... You stupid piece of shit. Can you read?

Use matrix faggots

Because it just twerks on all systems. Plus it's free/open source.

>So why exactly is it better than Signal?
account with just an email >>>>>>

does this thing let me use multiple accounts in a single client set up with just an email?

I like to use a few separate email accounts for various groups and chat with them under such, but basically no modern chat app supports that. Hangouts is the only one and its a piece of shit

>does this thing let me use multiple accounts in a single client set up with just an email?

yes

>Because it's in Switzerland, where EU laws keep cia niggers away

Switzerland is not in the EU though.

nice

i feel like a fucking moron, but i downloaded the app and it wants a phone number?

You have to use it on desktop to get the email option. Relax and just sign up from desktop.

>And telegram I guess
Encryption done on a closed source server held by russians, what could possibly go wrong?

They try to "make it easier" for phone users by only offering the phone option on the app. You can only sign up with email using the web version or the desktop client.

thank you kindly

>Because it's in Switzerland, where EU laws keep cia niggers away
Switzerland is not EU mate, they're independent

Privacy laws are the same

Why is it better than signal? Is it really keeping CIA niggers out?

It's not better. It just has more features.

So they're on the same level?

Wire is based on the Signal protocol. Whether it actually works just as well remains to be seen.

It help me when voip was blocked in my country.

Does wire still have security issues in regards to intercepts of audio and video?
Any anons use it regularly, cross platform, any have any glaring problems?

It got fully open sourced first. Telegram is shit so it's not even a competitor. And Signal requires a SIM card, while wire can be registered using email. So Wire wins by default since anything that exclusively needs SIM cards is limited and not acceptable.

Because it doesn't need a SIM card to work. So you can use Wire even without a mobile phone.

>Does wire still have security issues in regards to intercepts of audio and video?
No.
>Any anons use it regularly, cross platform, any have any glaring problems?
I use it on PC and Android. There are no issues on my side. Other than a terribly designed desktop client.

utox

>So why exactly is it better than Signal?
it's not

From github.com/wireapp/wire-desktop/blob/master/package.json
> "electron": "1.8.3"

I'm just using Signal for sms, since I can write to whoever I want and not giving fuck what communicator are they using

Besides being a Sup Forums project, what's wrong with Tox? Every time it comes up, someone shits on it with no explanation.

>no RPM
>web version doesn't work on mobile

>RPM
There's an appimage. Wire works on any Linux distro.
>web version doesn't work on mobile
Install the app, dumbfuck.

GNU/Linux*

I sorry for being a deadshit, but what's the problem here? Who's the asshole? Does it affect the product?

I use on Linux desktop, laptop and Android phone. For about 2 years. No issues at all

their business model is to make it free for peopel but make companies pay for a "for teams version" that brings nearly nothing new to the table except group admins and tech support.

matrix is built for a different purpose and for different people. I'm not gonna use matrix with my normie friends when this app lets them send gifs and emojis and is actually usable

privacy laws are better you retard EU countries share intelligence and data between themselves and with the US

I've been using it on linux and android for a while and no significant issues to report apart from the desktop client being (((electron)))

>using an exclusively p2p protocol
>can't talk to people who aren't connected at the same time as me
>gotta use something else to tell them to connect
>all tox clients are fucking broken

because telegram is designed to be used on multiple devices in which case you couldn't read conversations you started on a different device

This and thank you

What's wrong with that?
(I'm learning: don't have to spoonfeed, just give me a keyword to search because right now I'm drawing short)

>why exactly is it better than Signal
Id doesn't require phone number
>And telegram
It's opensource
It uses proper encryption
It doesnt owned by FSB

it's not a Sup Forums project.

That's not what the wiki says.

GNU+Linux**

You're telling me that if someone start saying an anonymous app in Switzerland that the law will protect them?