Lol jk. I haven't even heard the album.

>Thoughts on the album?

None because i dont listen to TRASH

It's lit senpai

>Kendrick=booty
lmaooooo

anyone got a link?

I think it's very good

BBNG listeners, tell me what you think of the following artists or be outed as a pleb:

>Vijay Iyer
>Steve Lehman
>Maria Schneider
>Dave Holland
>Tigran Hamaysaan

It has some of there best material yet. Confessions pt. 2 is the best track

What do you think about them, user?

Terrible cover art that completely goes against their great previously established aesthetic

I asked first. Stop avoiding the question.

cool jtg core list you got there famalam

Vijay Lyer is so overrated but I do appreciate some of what he is trying to do.

Steve Lehman is underrated in the sense that he has a lot of classy composition work - I've always been a fan of how he constructs his music.

Maria Schneider is one of those artists who is obviously exceptional - her work is phenomenal and I feel like my entry-level assessments wouldn't do her justice.

Dave Holland: never been a huge fan I've always thought he was sort of retreading grounds that have been exhausted since the 70s. I respect what he does but I guess his appeal is somewhat limited.

Tigran Hamaysaan his folksy piano work is quite exceptional - I've always been a total sucker for his work and probably like him more than I ought to.

yaaay, you know names!

how bout now you go make yourself useful by listening to Komeda Quintet and Eric Dolphy Pleb Boy.

You do realize how ignorant you sound, im sure you degrade acts like Kamasi and Matana Roberts too just beacuse they are popular. When in fact these groups are advancing jazz, and keeping then tradition of it alive. Just wait 10 years, i bet there will be a bucket ton of BBNG impersonators

>grouping the queen matana roberts with kamasi and fucking badbadnotgood

>implying people should know about all these other musicians to enjoy bbng's music
Fuck outta here faggot

Much better than III in my opinion. It feels more mature. I also like that they have brought in a few guests on this one.

What's the point of this reply? I'm going to continue to listen to and enjoy this album, and I'm still going to post on this board, sometimes even about this album when it's relevant, regardless of how you feel about it.
Your reply is literally 100% useless.

I LOOOVE me some Matana but she is no Kamasi Washington my friend (user)

>Komeda Quintet and Eric Dolphy
Nice RYMcore, poser!
Not very in-depth but at least you listen to them. Cheers
Fuck off newfag

track 2 is so fucking good

Literally who?

>implying neither Komeda or Dolphy aren't incredible musicians because they have a decent reputation on a website used for rating albums.
I'm sorry who's the poser??

>Your reply is literally 100% useless.

Right back at you

They aren't contemporary, they're entirely irrelevant to the original post

You only posted them because they're all you know and you think they're "patrician"

rekt
oooohh those trips!! REKT

>look at me I know jazz and I'm cool I know jazz I listen to this and this and I know this and this so I'm not a "pleb" fuck you newfags
Bbng are not even 100% jazz you faggot gtfo
You don't need to listen to a lot of jazz to appreciate and enjoy their music prove me wrong

Jazz music for people who don't like jazz, but like to tell others that they do

I can name dozens if not 100 more decent Jazz records spanning from Dixieland-late 70s fusion, but im not that eager to prove myself. Do i like the artists i mentioned? SURE! But i get tired of seeing people knocking Artists like BBNG or Kamasi because they are "popular", or whatever you think

Oh so you couldn't think of a legitimate response. Cool.

So no contemporary artists then?

yes, contemporary artists too funny boy

>spanning Dixieland-late70's fusion
>contemporary
ok kid

why all threads like this always descends into a "i'm a true jazz listener" fedora-ing

Ironically, I've not listened to any of them I just kind of made boiler plate responses to see if anyone would look at them with any credence - I suppose it only serves as to show how superficial music opinions on a forum tends to be (especially when you take into consideration how little people can read music or play an instrument).

This is a shit thread undeserving of my superior intellectual prowess

Im just here for the (You)'s

not to mention "contemporary" artists.

I would like to see youre favorite albums list (in any genre). show how patrician you are to everyone, go ahead..

because people who have listened to jazz for like a year and know a few names are insufferable because they think their taste has elevated beyond heavens

"Jazz" for pre-teens

link?

I like BBNG and I don't like 95% of jazz and idgaf what Sup Forums says about it
jazz is nonsense

>asks for thoughts on album
>mad when thoughts aren't the same as his

assuming that's you, OP. you're deficient

triple doubles confirms

The Colin Stetson feature is pretty godly.
Though in general I get the instrumental hip-hop vibe from these guys, not jazz.

I didn't think they were good opinions, I just said "well at least you listened to them I guess?"
So didn't really play out your way

how would you rank this album in their discog?

its pretty much instrumental hip-hop with some jazz solos here and there. its just enjoyable music, I don't know why people have to go all autistic when something gets tagged as jazz and it doesn't sound like A Love Supreme

because only autists get mad about genre tags, especially since half of all known genres are made up and meaningless
>post-rock
>art punk
>indie rock

it's not even out yet

that colin stetson track tho

what

has it leaked? their bandcamp says its still not out

does anyone have a link for the Doom track that they have up on youtube, the one that is not a live version? their link its dead and I can't find it on the archive or Soulseek. I'll love you forever if you do.

I remember showing BBNG to one of my music professors who also ran the jazz band. Said they sounded like a bunch of music undergrads. Not wrong.

>cant enjoy anything

why do white men have such big hips?