What is it about this album people like so much, Sup Forums?

what is it about this album people like so much, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=luVFsZOipC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's comfy

Stereolab is weird, I wouldn't say I love much of what they've done. But pretty much everything they did until after Mary Hansen died is somewhere in the 7/10 - 8/10 range. Really consistently cute and easy to listen to.

I would say Dots and Loops is their best tho, with that and Transient coming 2nd.

It's really obnoxious and most of the people on this board can relate

>obnoxious
In what way?

In my top 10 albums of all time. I love them but I can understand stereolab not being for everybody.

ETK feels so lush and comfy to me, lots of stuff going on at any given time, the vocals are dreamy, often political and I like the language switching between french/english. What there is to enjoy so much about it is the balance between experimentation and being upbeat, there are a ton of different melodies and rhythms going at any given time and they layer on top of each other but always sounds fun and pleasant

Try listening to it high

Aside from it being pretty good, this record has some of the greatest examples of fugues ever recorded.

I loved transient and peng, but the production on this one threw me off the first time I listened. Gotta get into it again

I love everything they've done up to and including Sound-Dust, but I don't understand why so many people seem to agree this is their best album. Especially since the album that precedes it and the one that follows it are miles above it.

SNIFF SNIFF
Sniffed you out, pleb.

Can you cite some specific points of fugue? I haven't noticed that

>Try listening to it high
people like you are absolutely terrible

Sound-Dust and Dots and Loops are fantastic. Stereolab is fucking dope.

i like dots and loops, and refried ectoplasm better but that's probably just because i'm 19

also this is their best song
youtube.com/watch?v=luVFsZOipC0

Dots & Loops is my fav, it's also the first I heard. I feel like maybe if I heard a different one first that would be my fav. Stereolab are that kind of band, they really don't have many notable dips (although I haven't heard their more recent albums, post-Sound Dust. I hear they're not so good but I never got round to checking them out)

CRAZY

i never insisted it's necessity, i personally find that smoking weed and listening to an album sometimes allows a different perspective. Also, the Lab particularly use a lot of hypnotic spacey grooves that go hand in hand with a stoned brain

study

Time to listen to Stereolab again.

Top tier bedcore