Is there a more overrated OS?

Is there a more overrated OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=151-SX-E299-KR
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
informationweek.com/microsoft-updates-windows-without-user-permission-apologizes/d/d-id/1059183
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, linus

windows xp.

Linux

Windows 10

Not an OS.
So it's all down to Winfags being nostalgic?

Any windows, it's like saying "oh this handcuffs are comfy, previous ones had no camera though"

Nice b8 m8 but I'll take it and answer:
- ubuntu
- iOS
- Debian
- win10
- arch

Nobody rates that shit, but people do actually defend XP and 7.

XP, Vista, and 7 all collected user data for Microsoft.

Macfag detector is hitting record levels!

I can vouch for 7, just werks...

Pretty much. Actually try to use xp now and see for yourself.
I mean on actual hardware and not in a VM

But it also restricts you, spies on you, customisation is horrible, UI is dumb, it's bloated, and it is unstable.
Try it in what capacity? I have the install disc with me right now.

Get shit working without much hassle. Be secure online, install printer drivers, wifi drivers, or any kind of drivers without automated programs that came years later in its lifetime,oh and also, activex objects. Glad that shit's over...

Windows is always a hassle to do things on because of the restrictive environment and hand-holding.

I installed it last week
Comfy as fuck

You're mom

Why use an OS that's 17 or almost 17 years old?
I guess I shouldn't expect much from the same people using an OS from 2009 as well.

wow... how retarded do you have to be to find windows hard?

what will not work on xp that needs to be there?

Personally, If I didn't play games I would likely never have moved to 7, and because I don't like AAA games anymore, when they force dx12, im just not playing them anymore.

I cant go linux even though at times I want to because every program I use damands windows, and has no linux equivalent or builds, I could more easily move it macs then linux.

it spies on you if you install that update, dont install that update and you are fine.

Tedium is not difficulty.

name the tedious thing that isn't also incredibly autistic

No, it still sends user data to Microsoft without it. It was made with that capability.

>Yes, linus
Uh Don't you mean Gnu/Linux?

Using the OS, as I said. Everything is slow and tedious. Installing and updating programs, audio mixing, any manual configuration. I could go on.

How many explots are there on XP that won't be fixed because it no longer recieves security updates? Remember activex objects? Drivers for newer components? What about trim for if you use an ssd? Newer, up to date, and safer software? What about motherboard compatibility?
Ultimately, I don't care what you use as long as you don't affect me in the end.

macOS. Apple was doing the same stuff with GS/OS and in color to boot.

no, GNU is the huge cyst that will kill linux eventually. Linux is enough

So when you said linus[sic] you were referring to Android?

>overrated
Dude...
Even LinusTechTips prefers to use W7.

Let that settle in for a moment...
THE FUCKING KERNEL CREATOR USES WINDOWS SEVEN!!!!!

Fucking brainlets getting cuk'd by Cortana on W10.

do you really need security updates?
I honestly don't think I ever used activex on xp unless something used it im unaware of.
drivers... i'd using a 17 year old os, i'm not using new hardware or getting newer components unless shit dies, and even then, I get old components for dirt cheap.
newer software... let me put it this way the program I use more than anything else was made in 2005, because there is no program that surpasses it and the newer version do stupid shit that makes them far less functional.
as of video, vlc still work on xp, while not ideal, would get the job done for nearly every use I have.

trim at an os level is convenience, not necessary.
well lets see here, hardware
evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=151-SX-E299-KR
that apparently supports xp, so im good, expensive but i'm good.

having used 7, it's far more stable than xp ever was, but my need to move to it was not there when I did move to it.

what the fuck is this "le win7 spies on you mayamay"

like open a fucking packet sniffer and see for yourselves you tech illiterates
the only packets windows7 ever sends and receives for me are for world time correction, that's it.

shit, the ONLY bad thing about win7 is that it has a bloated C:/windows folder and even that can be fixed.

pirated win7 sp1 no updates.

Linux is pretty overrated as a desktop environment.

Source?

I'm currious to try out a packet sniffer on a Win 7 install with security only updates.

Arch linux

Gentoo

How you can debloat windows 7? Any guides on that?

no, Linus tech tips

This site is ruled by memes and autism. Sup Forums in particular has a problem with people parroting stances they don't understand on technology because they want to be internet col kids. Closed source software and Windows tends to be at the heart of this, since to a specific group of autists the idea that someone might not want their OS to be a constant hobby project is borderline offensive.

t. pajeet

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7

me too, but i don't give a shit about sec updates since 99.99% of security should be the browser's concern not the OS.

i'm not wrong though.

The "Windows 7 and 8.1 spies on you too!" posts are legitimate, unironic astroturfing. MS is neck deep in viral marketing and that's one of the ways they want to convince people to switch to W10. They want people to think their new telemetry is no different from older versions of windows so they "might as well upgrade".

It's the best desktop OS ever made.

Bubuntu

any apple created OS. It's just Linux with features removed.

They've been doing this since before 7 existed.
informationweek.com/microsoft-updates-windows-without-user-permission-apologizes/d/d-id/1059183
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html