Hey Sup Forums, story time, looking for some advice

Hey Sup Forums, story time, looking for some advice.

>Be 23
>Portuguese living in Portugal
>Have no idea how life's gonna be
>Average dude, average Uni student (worked 2 years to save up for Uni fees) who'll probably finish Uni at the age of 26
>Used to write creatively as pass time in teen years
>Actually creative mind
>Listen to all sorts of music, mainly rap, rock and metal.
>Initiating a rap career on the side has been an on & off idea of mine for a while
>Have no rap background or lyrics written (although I know I can write legit proper ones) but have a couple of acquaintances in the local rap game
>Very few history of portuguese artists makin' it internationally (most well-known are probably Moonspell, Aurea, Buraka Som Sistema, David Carreira and Mariza)
>Most well-known rappers are probably Sam The Kid, Boss AC and Pacman (ex-member of Da Weasel) and Regula.
>None of them rap in english
>Never heard of a portuguese rapper rapping in english.
>Rapping in portuguese will make it very hard to be successful internationally or making real money
>Chance of being successful in Portugal by rapping in portuguese vs. chance of getting real money if getting some international recognition

Questions:

1) Am I too old to start a rap career?
2) Could I make it in Portugal?
3) Could I make it internationally?
4) Should I just forget this?
5) Other thoughts and feedback.

>pic unrelated, but it's an ass for your enjoyement.

you need a gimmick, like a peg leg or something

THIS

bump

Mata-te seu burro do caralho. A única banda decente em Portugal é Ermo. O resto é merda. Agora mata-te. E é bom que não tenhas entrado em Letras ou alguma dessas paneleirices, seu paneleiro.

Eu não te sei responder à pergunta, só gostava de ter uma source do gif. Pls.

Just do whatever you enjoy more, you'll put out a lot better stuff if you enjoy what you're doing

>imagem

epá, não faço a mínima.

>epá, não faço a mínima.
obrigado na mesma.

Realistically, would you reccomend portuguese or english?
Thanks for the input tho.

Tranquilo, Saquei-a no Sup Forums. Deve ser uma amateur qualquer.

I'm so glad I speak portuguese; this is hilarious.

That said, go die away from us, you faux-europeans. Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece are the South America of Europe and you know it.

Literalmente mata-te seu burro de merda. A sério, és um burro de merda. Por favor não emigres. Só fazer com que achem que os portgueses sejam vistos como burros. Mata-te.

True, we are. That's why I'm getting the fuck out. We have to put up with morons like OP everyday

>Realistically, would you reccomend portuguese or english?
Portuguese all the way. Don't be an anglofag. You've no idea how cringe-inducing it is to listen to a non-native trying to rap in English.

You know, as long as this
>Rapping in portuguese will make it very hard to be successful internationally or making real money
Isn't your main concern. If it is then, well, fuck off amd start producing instrumental shit-tronica.

If it makes you feel any better, Portugal is better than the rest of the countries I mentioned together. At least you're not as idiotic as Spaniards, loud as Italians or smelly as Greeks.

I'm a 19 y/o student from the US traveling in Portugal now actually. I don't know much about the music industry here, but I would assume it would be worth it to take the leap to travel to the US. Unknown bands from the US I feel are more likely to gain an international reputation. there are many scenes to check out and you'll meet tons of fellow artists and it would be worth going for that alone. I dont know what cities would be the best, but probably a major city that isn't LA or New York. Good luck

Já é Verão?
fak

Unrelated, what are the main differences between portuguese portuguese and brazilian portuguese? Hard mode: No racism.

Read Pessoa before you kill yourself

two worlds of difference

Funny, I only started seriously considering suicide after reading o livro do dessassosego

...could you please go into a little more detail

Thanks for the input, man.

No money to travel to US, but I definitely wanna hop there someday.
Yeah, the american music industry is much more evolved. English being "the" universal language eases up everything 'cause someone will like your music and even the shittiest bands and artists will gain some nice money. Good ones and great ones risk being millionaires, so yeah.
Thanks for the input.

The accent; switching pronoun and verb order in the sentence sometimes; lots of different expressions one uses and the other doesn't.

Like i want to be in EU in the first place. I wish Portugal to leave the EU and finally become a propper country.
It would be nice as starting to charge very expensive taxes to every retarded german, english, french and dutch that comes in here for the daily hours of sun.
Because all you fucktards have it nice coming here, with EU loving corrupt magots that are in power for the last 40 years.

Honestly, the vast majority of portuguese rappers are just shit, and even the ones who are good aren't really that successful.
I'd probably go for rapping in English (as long as you're fluent and have a good accent)
lmao

It's the difference between Spanish Spanish and Mexican Spanish, and the difference between British English and American English.

It's not quite as divergent as Dutch and Afrikaans, though.

> switching pronoun and verb order in the sentence sometimes
Yeah that's a bit bothersome. I'm very much used to brazilian portuguese, which is, I think, a lot more straight-forward. Like I'd be reading a sentence in "proper" portuguese and be confused all the way to the end because only then the sentence resolves itself and only then I retroactively get the meaning of it.

Are there any websites where I can learn portuguese from Portugal? Sites like Duolingo and Memrise only teach brazilian portuguese.

>The accent; switching pronoun and verb order in the sentence sometimes; lots of different expressions one uses and the other doesn't.

That and vocabulary differs.

>verão

Mata-te. O OP é que é verão para caralho.

>It's the difference between Spanish Spanish and Mexican Spanish, and the difference between British English and American English.
I'm equally fluent in both spanish and english, and am pretty fluent in portuguese. I can assure you it's not that simple. It goes deeper than that.

Yeah. Some are great, in my opinion, but rapping in portuguese narrows a lot the chances of being successful outside because no one will understand, except in portuguese-speaking countries.

As I'm very fluent in english when it comes to writing, that'd be no problem, and the accent, well, I guess I can work on that since I don't talk very often to better it.
The downside of rapping in english is that starting would be a major pain in the ass, I think. No? Being a portuguese dude rapping in english in local places for other portuguese people?

Perhaps starting in portuguese then evolving to english would be a good idea?

I'd say it's actually bigger than that.

bateste com a cabeça nalgum lado, rapaz?

Não. Mata-te caralho.

I'm from a spanish-speaking country (won't tell you which because I can only take so much shame in one sitting), and people here have absolutely no qualms in rapping in (horrid, vapid, broken) english in front of (equally horrid) crowds, so maybe you need to choose your audience before you choose your language.

how can you not, though:

Invejo a todas as pessoas a não serem eu. Como de todos os impossíveis, esse sempre me pareceu o maior de todos, foi o que mas se constituiu minha ânsia quotidiana, o meu desespero de todas as horas tristes[...]

Honest answer, instead of the usual mata-te: Don't aim for succes, keep making music on the side as a hobby you are passionate about.
Who knows you might be able to make a few exyra bucks out of it, but don't expect it because you'll most likely end up dissapointed.

Neste fio: Paneleiros com a puta da mania que são profundos. Matem-se caralho.

ITT: Spic Europeans shitting on their only piece of culture that has any value whatsoever.

Good job, rapazinho.

Thanks for the tip, man

bump.