youtube.com/watch?v=vu7j8yH9grs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=88_jAJ-MduU
youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EdRtL9qU
youtube.com/watch?v=aow3KVspfiU
youtube.com/watch?v=9h4CTdIhDF0&ab_channel=wichitarecordings
youtube.com/watch?v=n6oSeODGmoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pVGCIH54W9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my ex was obsessed with these people, made me see them live with her. god theyre awful

Bad b8

They're fun dude

they're not though

youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M

I could see this take off in the 90s.

This that Angel Olsen's big boob smashed up against the horn of the sonic blue Jazz Bass?

big bobas

7:45 o'clock in the morning
I'm leaving my hooouse
trying not to think of all the ways
this place has changed

(close eyes)

walked around my neighborhood
100 1 million billion trillion times [metaphor]

every crack on the sidewalk
below my feet
bring black and blue trash cans
meet me after school

i just miss how it felt standing next to you
wearing matching dresses before the world was big

youtube.com/watch?v=7XiE0CMRF7o

her stage presence is just so...weird

youtube.com/watch?v=8f0DKR037PA

wow that was bad. At least find a good one so someone might take the bait.

hahaha the red headed one went to my high school

hahaha

no. she's fatter than angel and not as cute but she's clearly jacking angel's style

i'm fucking triggered

youtube.com/watch?v=vu7j8yH9grs

Is this Sup Forumscore?

NPR took the bait

I heard you guys like shitty feminist rock and rap lyrics where black people shoot each other.
... So let me show you what talent actually is:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=88_jAJ-MduU

Honestly I digger the first song

I like it but the lyrics are cringe.

Hey, this is pretty good actually, not cringe at all

Just plug in an electric acoustic if your going to try to sound like a shitty acoustic guitar, I could dye my hair blue, show up to NPR banging on a bent pots and still perform a better sounding show then that,

>writing on a whiteboard
>sound effects of a pencil on paper

>she had a bf and has had sex with multiple men
>i'm a 25 yo khv

i need to kill myself

How many times are you going to make this thread OP? Gotta say kinda seems like ur pretty triggered.

i love girlpool

I don't know about him but everything in this thread other than oddisee triggered me.

I believe that's what you'd call counterpoint?

Sentimentalcore

youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EdRtL9qU

hahahaha

NPR is the bait

yo this is just sad

i don't even know how to feel about this

youtube.com/watch?v=aow3KVspfiU

i think this is pretty neat

I like the first song

I actually like Girlpool, I just wish there'd be a little more variation in their music. Chinatown is a really nice song.

youtube.com/watch?v=9h4CTdIhDF0&ab_channel=wichitarecordings

what is this life

It's contrived

the last soon was nice. and the one who does the drumming for the 1st three songs is cute.

They're grating dude

I'm from Philadelphia and constantly hear about these jokers. Just listen to The Softies or Tiger Trap or Go Sailor.

As a bass player this triggers the fuck out of me.

>"Mom and Dad I love you"

This sounds like a band some Mormon parents formed for their kids.

has an elephant 6 vibe to it.

This. They are already big fans of Rose Melberg so I wouldn't be surprised if they were influenced by The Softies. They sound like a washed out version of Tiger Trap.

I get that some people want to feel feelings and stir memories while they're listening but it's not really my thing.

I completely understand why tumblrinas would listen to this while smoking weed alone in their bedrooms though.

why?

Sounds like a mixture between the shaggs and the world is a beautiful place desu

youtube.com/watch?v=n6oSeODGmoQ

What the fuck is going on?

are you 12?

I think anyone who has a criticism should actually watch the entire performance (at least "Cherry Picking") and honestly really listen to the 2 albums they have put out in the last couple of years. Then, before making an insult about their style and how your ears can't handle it (which is your loss), think about how your comment could apply to every single important piece of rock music throughout history. Then realize that they do what they do very intentionally and effectively, how sophisticated they are for their age, the gap they are filling between The Shaggs, early alternative chicks in the 90's, and now, and how well practiced and musically connected these two girls are. The songs are original, unartificial, and orchestrally minimal by choice.

get this bait out of here

oh fuck I take it back. I admit I judged too quickly. this angsty punk rock genre has been dominated by men. and its so empowering seeing two women just belt out their emotions without being constrained by sounding "pretty" or "angelic". lost of respect.

is this supposed to be cringe? because this is really good?

so basically i can't dislike them without being a misogynist ignoramus

Saw them back in 2014. My friends started a DIY venue in residential Long Beach, CA. They played last in the night and about 5 people stuck around to watch them. They were pretty good. I think they are only as popular as they are because they appeal to the tumblr culture. They were nice people though. I met them early in the night.

oh my god shut up

youtube.com/watch?v=pVGCIH54W9g

what is up with NPR. they literally r hipster trolling

they're really great. not down with the lead singer's look but check out their album, ugly cherries.

saw them live. That was 50 minutes of my life ruined more than it already is

goddamn

They're not bad. I like their harmonies. Lots of good musicians believe stupid shit. They're at least making getting creative and having fun.

After a second listen i realize that I may have been too quick to judge them. The frontman gets a nice sound out of that guitar

is there supposed to be anything wrong with this?

is that the national in the background?

Literally not that bad

They've emotionally and spiritually broken away from the male gaze, the patriarchy, catcalls, gender boundaires and you.