Now that you can run multiple distros on your Windows 10 machine is there any reason to use Linux besides muh botnet?

now that you can run multiple distros on your Windows 10 machine is there any reason to use Linux besides muh botnet?

Other urls found in this thread:

top500.org/statistics/details/osfam/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is there any reason to complain about gay people besides that massive dick invading your ass?

>is there any reason to still use doors when you can just have a fridge?

who gives a fuck shill. go play with your train set

There was never a reason to use linshit, thats why its so irrelevant

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>More people using something = better
I don't even use linux but that is just retarded
The average person is very tech illiterate

>few people uses something so its better

fuck off retard

> "runs" multiple distro
> can't even mount an ext filesystem

don't feed the troll
cat ~/temp/distros/fedora.txt

Facts are not trolling

user said that your assertion of more people using something = better is idiotic. user did not say the opposite is true, but that's what you inferred. So you're either so retarded you cannot comprehend simple dialogue, or you're a troll.

I know a reason to use linux:
If I deploy several servers within an organisation, whether the servers are virtual or not, if I use a windows server OS I still have to pay a licence fee which, even in a relatively small workplace, with few employees, can still cost a company a considerable amount of money. If I use Linux servers, not only are they streamlined and less obese than windows servers, but they are also FREE !!! Thereby saving companies a considerable amount of money which they can then spend on my fees for installing and maintaining them.

Oh and incase you are wondering, why would I use windows to virtualise linux servers when I can virtualise them on a linux box? hahahahah
Not really thought this through have you?

Most phones also run on Linux and I wouldnt want to miss an important call or have my phone explode like those awful windows phones used to do.

Well, OP, I think I have answered your question. If you need any help with anything else just let me know.

I tried to make that work but it won't run on my cracked windows 10
Are massive dicks invading your ass? If yes, way to out yourself gayboi. If no, are you saying that gays aren't a problem? Either way, you are a moron and a self hating faggot.

>anime reaction pictures
>on a Taiwanese lawn mowing forum
Gee, paint me surprised

This. Only sane person here.
Also "you get the tracks you deserve!" is a good goreshit album desu

Can we ban this image? Really killing any hope of rhetoric on this Mongolian sand collecting forum

>putting "muh" before an argument makes the argument invalid
come on now, user.....

Just because you put cake in shit doesn't mean it's not still shit

Yeah because even with all those emulated syscalls you still have to use shitty Windows. No thanks

yeah, linux is shit

Linux machines can easily hit a year+ uptime. Windows might last a few weeks if lucky.

User experience is just nicer on Linux for desktop use. It's great having unified themes and same font/coloring universal.

Subsystem can't into networking. Lots of X11 related shit fails.

It's a cool hobby project but I'd rather use real linux instead of windows baby intro to linux.

There is another thread like this.
Next time use search option and stop shitting on my fucking board already Rajeesh.

t. internet forum moderator

>windows 10

No u

I tried to run this on my win 10 and I had to sing up to some program of some sort, it was a hassle, I'll stay within my cygwin and my virtual machines running GNU/Linux.

what vinyl is this on the left?

not a clue

top500.org/statistics/details/osfam/1

>is there any reason to still use doors when you can just have a fridge?
Who would want doorless fridge
your dumb

That does not mean you should.
>In b4 in memory patching