Gemini PDA

Does Sup Forums have an opinion on the return of the PDA?

not gona lie, i though a pda was a great idea but now having 8bitdo controller with a phone stand makes this thing look shit.

I don't know, I think it looks kinda' cool. While I never owned a PDA, you'd think the merge between it, a phone and a netbook would be the next big thing, right?

it makes more sense to just put a magnetic connector on the bottom side and your flat portable keyboard attaches to it so you don't look like retard

Who tf would use this shit though

Wish it was smaller and had sliding keyboard

Fuck, I would. It looks just like a regular phone when packed up, and you can easily text/type with both thumbs while unpacked. It's even engineered to work as a very tiny laptop.

Fuck what normalfags think, I'd bring that with me to the grave.

Why? The keyboard would be too small to be usable for typing, and the sliding mechanism always fucking breaks with these types of devices.

Looks neat to me user.

BASED SAILFISH OS EDITION IS BEST

>mediakek

What meme is this?

The meme CPU. Enjoy your no updates ever.

Sailfish OS gets updated all the time. Even the first Sailfish OS phone still gets the latest updates.

Can you make calls with it? I still have a Nokia E90 communicator from 10 years ago and been finally thinking of a suitable upgrade.

Oh okay.

Fucking lol'ed.

>cores
>GPL violations
ebin

Yes, it's a fully functional phone in every way.

Fuck man you convinced me this is a good idea now

Its kind of useless for my purposes right now, and I can't really think of any situations where I would want it over what I already have. Definitely cool, would be basically perfect with a trackpoint (although if it runs an OS designed around touchscreens I guess you dont need one). I'd rather just have a full-sized laptop and a phone though

Wait what? Can you talk to it when the lid is closed? Maybe I'll buy one and replace my phone. Not him btw, just curious.

I'm more interested in the GPD Pocket. I like the idea of a PDA however I'd rather see it with a laptop/desktop Linux distro. The only upside I see to the Gemini is that it has a keyboard since I already have a phone with me anyway.

i'm making a bet now that this has appauling batterly life it's way too thin

I'm just gonna bet that it's overall shit since nothing good ever actually gets realized and released.

Cant type on an 8bitdo controller tho

I love this, and want one, but my playmoney can't cover the cost for a few months

You can, yes. You can answer the phone when it's closed, and from any side too as it'll automatically detect which point you've got to your ear and what's facing your mouth. It's kinda' neat.

Why not just get a keyone?

This thread has cropped up to many times not to be a shill. Fuck off

>keyone
Because they look like shit?