material.io/
issuetracker.google.com/issues/37103380#makechanges
xda-developers.com/play-store-updated-requirements-api-level-64-bit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jesus christ that UI is utter shit.

>Android in the year 2016+2
top lel

thank you based apple for starting this trend

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that material design is actually regressing backwards? It looks like Metro but bubbly now LOL

Why would you ever want to simulate one? I thought the point of the notch was to use the unused space to each side of the speaker.

Developer options, duh, so they would use it to test for devices that have the notch.

For testing phones with a notch when you're making apps.

On I didn't see the developer options thing in the background.

Is that android p or just a mock up ?

Can we get the source and more images please ? I like it

No offence, but why are you on Sup Forums? I'm not talking about your oversight of 'not seeing the developer options'. I'm talking about your inability to put 2 and 2 together. You are probably too stupid to be on this board, and I mean this in a completely sincere way - not to insult or disparage you.

You underestimate the power of fashion and humanity's need to emulate popular people and trends. It could easily be a cosmetic option for people trying to pretend they have a notch because it's popular.

Developer Preview 1 is out.

sounds like a soyboi thread

Is Google incapable of pushing OS updates out to its older phones, or does it not want to to force people to buy its newer phones? I'm guessing it's the latter.

Guys, we need to start a petition against this utterly disgusting redesign.

material is actually nice
rounded corners are a meme

What I see is needlessly oversized blobs instead of material design

Material is definitely nice. When it was first coming to fruition and everything was based around layers, depth, people being able to easily understand how the layout works due to material context.

But none of that happened. At best we got giant buttons on the bottom right of apps, and bright colors everywhere. It's fucking disgusting, and now they're making even the OS more revolting to use. Lack of any depth or context, just complete fucking flatness with random bubbles. It really does look like an ios clone now, but cheap.

I don't know what's going on over at google, but this looks/feels staunchly anti-Material.

Is there something wrong with California? For real, is there radiation leaking or something? How can one state have so many soyboys and how come they all produce total garbage?

Compare this UI and Apple's UI to a Redmond-based Microsoft UI. Completely different. Microsoft has a utilitarian beautiful aesthetic that is unique to itself. Google and Apple are uninspired soyboy GARBAGE.

PETITION
E
T
I
T
I
O
N

Apple still has a lot of very classically trained designers there that are pretty much leading the way where employees at Google attempt to follow.

You browse Apple designer guidelines, it's very clear to the point, and yet still very visual as if everything is supposed to be there. You browse Microsoft designer guidelines and everything is so well documented you barely have to exert any effort to achieve the intended solid design. With google though, like... seriously what is this shit material.io/

Not me tho

I took this from the Bernstein dimension

To be honest, I thought it was a meme

I'm not sure if it's the case here, but the problem usually lies at least partially with the chipsets being used. The actual chipset manufacturers need to push certain binaries for Android updates or the whole endeavor ain't happening.

Yes, the Nip reactor meltdown sent out a massive wave of radiation that the government barely covered up. It infected all food on the west coast, the FDA immediately changed beef radiation tests from daily to yearly so it wouldnt show up on any government tests

how is this ios? are you a motherfucker?

retard

Good god that looks like shit.

HOW SAM

magic of Walt Disney

>Android Penis
>looks gay AF
Everything's in order, lads.

Oi focking swear on me mum m8
But really, any guides or something? I have a lumia laying around

Nah the dude working on it hasn't released anything publically. Might be something out relatively soon.

Thanks, I wish him good luck

>Android P does not run apps written for Android < 4.1
>Android P refuses non-https connections unless the user explicitly asks for them
>by November 2018, all apps must be at least SDK 26. By November 2019, all apps must support 64-bits CPUs. Other apps will not be carried by the PlayStore anymore
>important API changes that WILL break old apps
>idle apps cannot access the cameras or microphones anymore
>Sup Forums is instead talking about muh notch, muh bezels and muh design elements
Wew. This place is no longer for tech enthusiasts.

issuetracker.google.com/issues/37103380#makechanges
>force everyone to use bundles to constantly save application state because of retarded platform design
>literally break this arbitrarily for target sdk 25+ with no replacement, set wontfix, tell everyone to fuck off
>kick apps with older target sdk off play store
i think i'm done with this shit platform

This might be the first time in history iOS looks better than stock Android.

>Android P drops support for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, and the Pixel C tablet

AHAHAH

>buy pixel C tablet 4 months ago
>won't get latest OS releasing this year

It all started with lolipop.

>buy a nexus phone you get all the updates!

looks sleek AF

that mady is needy as fuck but

messenger and emails

is this android p desu?

I don't get why everyone cares about this, the devices got 2 years support like Google promised, and 90% of people running these phones are running a third party ROM anyway

the thing is qualcomm owns the hardware. if google dont pay for qualcomm some kind of licence fee for the said hardware then google cant make drivers for android . Google just dont want to pay 8-9 hardware's licence fee for 6 six years or more

>equips their latest phones with OLED monitors
>starts using 95% white space on all their shit

is google the epitome of retard?

Why is it people complain about white space so much on Sup Forums? White space can be an effective UX tool to make the UI easier to understand, is it because everyone here thinks they're a special snowflake that uses the terminal and hotkeys for everything?

Normies don't complain about "wasted space" in their UI's.

>reading comprehension or the source of his news is written by a pajeet
Which one is it?
Okay, now! I want you to read CAREFULLY and try to COMPREHEND, here: xda-developers.com/play-store-updated-requirements-api-level-64-bit/
You can do it! We're all with you, user!

They can atleast give us an option to use a "dark mode" or something baka

>White space is bad, give us black space
lolwut

Also isn't Android P supposed to have a system wide dark theme?

It's obviously just Google being nice and giving developers useful tools.
It's not for you. God damn users.

unlock secure boot and DISM some shit Windows on ARM release, edit BCD

Forgpt pic

lol move the goalposts more cunt

time to get an iphone 8 boys

You guys pretty stupid. I'm I on Sup Forums?

>time to spend $999,99 on a fucking phone
No

or $699 you dumb fuck

>s9 costs more but that's fine because it's not apple price gouging!

Oh literally nobody will get an update to it anyway
Right now only 1,2% have Oreo and even most of them won't get an update

Who are you quoting, imbecile?
My smartphone costs $129,99 and it's not Apple/Samsung.

>bragging about malware chink phones

>I'm I on Sup Forums?
you are yourself on Sup Forums

pajeets ruin everything, nothing new to see here

>file name
>randomnumbers-pol.jpg
Go back.

The WiFi icon is kind of depressing.

Rick and Morty tier autism right here.

I'm tired of these default Android themes being a blinding white background. Not only is it a battery drain for OLED screen phones, but it's uncomfortable to view at night.

The goalposts were 2 years support, mate

“simulate cutout” with no real purpose. Anyone who installs this shit on their phone is a pleb.

iPhone X has a notch because of sensors.

Holy shit can you even breathe without help?

A lot of wasted white spaces and "minimalist" GUIs are actually harder to navigate.

>still no blue bubbles
>2018

>ARM only
it's useless
Probably never will, just like the guy who booted winRT on the htc hd2

You're not just a regular moron. You're the product of the greatest mind of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.
White space != whitespace you absolute mongoloid. He's talking about the fucking color white being used with screens that handle black perfectly and benefit from it a lot.

>using bubbles

Then they are bad UI's. The idea behind minimalist interfaces is they reduce cognitive overhead (see: don't make me think) and highlight only what's important.

If an interface is minimalist and difficult to navigate then it's a shit interface.

I think he's talking about both user. No need to be so assblasted.

you must be over 18 to post here

Who else note 3 pro with android 7?
I have literally no reason to upgrade. Thanks based chinks

My hope is that they don't add it in as an ironic feature. My opinion is that they shouldn't even bother since notched phones are retarded. The only people I see using this are those dumb chinks

Android is gay.

>note 3 pro
xiaomi is fucking disgusting
nice shitty signal too, typical of note 3 pro devices

T. Spends more than $150 on meme tracking devices