Lineage OS

should i install Lineage on my cell?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LineageOS
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6x67qz/lineage_privacy_guard_shows_fake_permissions_for/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/7ac0a6/privacy_guard_in_los_is_completely_non_functional/
omnirom.org/devices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Yes.

thanks

Maybe.

depends on the phone

I don't know.

any other Android ROMs that run the latest android versions?

yes

Most of them, LOS was very late to update to Oreo.

What's all this talk about CopperheadOS? Is it a cleverly-disguised NSA botnet? Some rogue pajeets on a data-mining money scheme, like LOS?

There's only two valid reasons to install LOS:
1)To test how custom ROMs perform on your phone
2)It's the only custom ROM available for your phone
Other custom ROMs are just better.

>data-mining money scheme, like LOS
proof or it didn't happen

Must everything be done for you? Lazy Apoo.

Lineageos is alright but its a pain to remove certain stuff. Im glad xposed, root and gappless are easy on it

Nothing is better than near vanilla. Nothing is better on the mi max

Maybe

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
AND YOU ARE NOT SO BIG...

This took me back in the past ;_;

only install it if youre indian

what if my device's maintainers are white guys?

Did it remind you of how Dewey said that all of the adult men involved in the production sexually abused him and convinced him to never act again?
Or was it about how Malcolm took his child actor money and decided it made him a race car driver, and his lack of skill lead to several accidents and concussions to the point where he no longer remembers anything about the vast majority of the episodes?

No, my camera cashes my phone when I open it. Other than that though it leaves so much to be desired. Other ROMs are just better.

anyone know any good op5 roms?

woah..

Resurrection Remix and crdroid started official runs of 8.1 Oreo, to my knowledge that's it for official release stuff

OmniROM

yes

Yes, because LineageOS doesn't install a lot of apps that you can't uninstall like Android.

Can someone enlighten me on the difference between LineageOS and other custom ROMs?

Haha...
Wait, what ?

>using exposed past android 4

It's the most popular custom rom and has the widest range of supported devices.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LineageOS

Whys that? Xposed still does a few things nothing else will like system wide icons and some color settings. Easy to use as you can change some stuff other things can at the same time

I'm using Pure Fusion 7.1.2. It's abandoned and requires some set up(it doesn't even have calendar app for example, and it's alarm app is broken - had to pull a working one from another ROM) but it has stock camera working despite being an AOSP based ROM and it's VERY fast and smooth. If you don't care about that check out AOSIP and Liquid Remix. Check out all of them actually, they are all fine now. Be wary of encryption, twrp won't be able to restore data across ROMs, I suggest backing up everything to your PC before flashing.

LOS made a lot of internal modifications to AOSP to make porting easier, also it has its own sdk and apps. Other ROMs are simply adding more UI customizations - either to LOS or straight to AOSP. I think LOS apps are bloat though.

>I think LOS apps are bloat though.
Can't I just uninstall them though?

With root you can uninstall anything. I'd rather not have bloat in the first place.

What you call bloat, others call basic functionality. People expect the OS they've just installed to come with a music player, messaging app, internet browser, camera app, calendar and so on. You don't need them, you're welcome to uninstall them, but they should be there out-of-the-box.

Why would I need that crap if I'm going to install superior stuff anyways? And I don't care what people with shit taste use.

LOS is great being debloates and light but some hardware parts may run like crap on LOS like bad camera quaility or the microphone on my galaxy S5 which is barely recording sound during calls and i needed to revert back to the bloated stock rom bechause of that...

LOS is great being debloated and light but some hardware parts may run like shit on LOS bechause of proprietary manufacturer drivers like bad camera quaility or the microphone on my galaxy S5 which is barely recording sound during calls and i needed to revert back to the bloated stock rom bechause of that...

You should. It's as free as you can get without purchasing new hardware.

reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6x67qz/lineage_privacy_guard_shows_fake_permissions_for/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/7ac0a6/privacy_guard_in_los_is_completely_non_functional/
>ignore
Pajeet?

>I don't care what people with shit taste use
user, he listed basic functionalities like the camera, messaging, browsing, and music. Just because you're a NEET with asperger's doesn't mean manufacturers should cater to you instead of the average person

People using default apps are also using default roms. Lineage is clearly not for the kind of people you mention. Luckily for me most custom ROMs aren't as bloated as LOS.

Yes if you dont flash gapps, no if you will

LOS isn't even that bloated nigger, it's one of the ROMs with less features by comparison

Out of AOSP-based ROMs LOS is pretty much the most bloated. Why can't they spend time implementing real features instead of shitty apps?

god damn that's a HUGE red flag.

wtf is going on?

dumb nigger

IDK bro. I'm guessing an Indian intern fucked it up considering "ignore" is used in place of "disallow". I also installed "App Ops" from GApps store recently and that shit had everything allowed by default.

omnirom.org/devices
I'm wondering phone is worth buying for that.

Hi, I have a revvl 5049w (TMobile USA); is there an alternate OS I can install on this device?

No.