Any of you play jazz music? If so I need help on learning how to improve/solo, mainly bepop style solos

Any of you play jazz music? If so I need help on learning how to improve/solo, mainly bepop style solos.
I would appreciate any type of advice.
Thanks faggots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xP9jgcQpA4I
youtu.be/_bIeLp0xrEM?t=1m
youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9kJMF6Erc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not quite my tempo

yo hold on

Really really get to know your scales. Just mess around with your scales. Run through them often and for each scale just do like a 20 - 30 second improv in that key. But while doing improv in an actual tune melody refrences are always nice, ill try to find a video to describe what i mean.

ok youtube.com/watch?v=xP9jgcQpA4I

in this vid the dude talks about tinkering with the melody, and how to get that nice tension you want in bebop.

also a bit of this vid
youtu.be/_bIeLp0xrEM?t=1m

talks about how to play off of other peoples stuff in your group, pretty neat.

Also just listen to a lot of jazz. You can really really improve just by listening to people who are way better than you, even if its not trombone.

chord tones baby, know them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9kJMF6Erc
this channel is good.

When in doubt, always land on the 9th because that's where panties drop

>land on the 9th
thats like blues and funk tho desu

Diminished scale over dominant 7th chords
Chromaticism is good
Don't be afraid of repetition/straight arpeggios

To expand, you can play literally fucking anything over dominant 7th chords if you phrase it right. Try just going random notes a few times and see if you can make something out of it, practice can only help

idk if that is really applicable to trombone

Jared?

git gud

easiest way is to just use arpeggios and chord tones

also this channel is amazing check his videos out

Yeah it's me. Who's this?

Booooii, who's the only other nigga you know that browses Sup Forums

Just know your scales and arpeggios by heart, and make sure you hit your notes in the chords. That's all there is to it. Since it looks like you play trombone, keep in mind to add a lot of variety in how smooth you play, your range, and slide control. It's better to play something really simple that has good slide control, as opposed to something out of your league that doesn't sound super confident

>repeat yourself
>think in terms of melodic phrases, not chops
>come up with themes and build off them